CLOSE SERVER 2 SO WE CAN ACTUALLY HAVE A FULL SERVER

Maybe this is an unpopular opinion, but I think we should only have server 1 up for now. Currently, everyday we have like 50-60 people on s2 and like 60-70 people on s1 and we never have a full server. (atleast everytime I look at server pops its like that)

Lets only have Server 1 up with a maximum pop of 120 players. With our new mission file the server should be able to handle it, and it will be awesome being to play with a lot of people again. There would be people EVERYWHERE. tons of fights, tons of people out making money. It would be fucking awesome.

1 hour ago, Shepurd said:

Maybe this is an unpopular opinion, but I think we should only have server 1 up for now. Currently, everyday we have like 50-60 people on s2 and like 60-70 people on s1 and we never have a full server. (atleast everytime I look at server pops its like that)

Lets only have Server 1 up with a maximum pop of 120 players. With our new mission file the server should be able to handle it, and it will be awesome being to play with a lot of people again. There would be people EVERYWHERE. tons of fights, tons of people out making money. It would be fucking awesome.

I agree 100% with bring down 2 for 1 but Jesse said he would reduce house slots from 5 to 3 if that was to happen which basically means if you own a gang you have 2 houses and i dont think thats what some people want.

Yuki Hayami and BlackShot like this
15 minutes ago, ron [unreformed] said:

-1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 

1. how do you expect from players to make money when 150 players on [  at least 30 of them are cops ] 

2. if I have a house on s2 how am I supposed to get the house if someone else own it on s1?

3. why would I only own only 2 houses + gang house? 

4. why are players complaining about having 60-70 players on both server when a week ago we had like 20-30? [ give it a time and then servers will be full again ] 

its the most shitty ass Idea I've ever heard. 

ron, let me tell u this u little penny collecting jew.  U are retarded, my dude

william and 王 rando 王 like this
6 hours ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

I agree 100% with bring down 2 for 1 but Jesse said he would reduce house slots from 5 to 3 if that was to happen which basically means if you own a gang you have 2 houses and i dont think thats what some people want.

Problem is the house cap of 5 was implemented when we had 4+ servers. A tad unrealistic to keep that same cap with even just 2 servers. Housing is limited to begin with. 

Now for a real unpopular opinion. I think for starters all admins should be required to give up their properties and give them back to the player base and only be allowed to own 40ks. We are no longer regular players in the community and there’s no reason we need to own the best sheds, rebel houses, or any house with 3 crates for that matter. I started to sell mine to market last time I was on. Didn’t get to finish though. 

2 hours ago, ron [unreformed] said:

4. why are players complaining about having 60-70 players on both server when a week ago we had like 20-30? [ give it a time and then servers will be full again ] 

Inaccurate sir. The servers are not just magically going to attract population all on their own. The only thing that truly gets ppl excited to play is seeing a full server of people to interact with.

If you’re so adamant about playing basically by yourself, I can give you a life mission file and you can run it on your own and never get robbed or caught making all your money. 

The game was designed around interaction and the possibility of someone else coming along to contest you. 

Shepurd, Mada, Bikstok and 13 others like this
18 minutes ago, Roice said:

Problem is the house cap of 5 was implemented when we had 4+ servers. A tad unrealistic to keep that same cap with even just 2 servers. Housing is limited to begin with. 

Now for a real unpopular opinion. I think for starters all admins should be required to give up their properties and give them back to the player base and only be allowed to own 40ks. We are no longer regular players in the community and there’s no reason we need to own the best sheds, rebel houses, or any house with 3 crates for that matter. I started to sell mine to market last time I was on. Didn’t get to finish though. 

Inaccurate sir. The servers are not just magically going to attract population all on their own. The only thing that truly gets ppl excited to play is seeing a full server of people to interact with.

If you’re so adamant about playing basically by yourself, I can give you a life mission file and you can run it on your own and never get robbed or caught making all your money. 

The game was designed around interaction and the possibility of someone else coming along to contest you. 

My man spitting facts.

sakha and Slick like this

I see 70+ on both servers almost nightly.  There is no server population issue.  A lot of people have invested into server 2.  Removing it would just kill a lot of peoples willingness to play.  I think the house cap should be lowered anyways because there are too many people hoarding houses, but keep both servers open.  There is literally not a problem currently.  And once V2 is actually to a proper running state more people will come.  Infamy, war points, and everything associated with it will bring the fights if handled correctly by Jessie.  

But again I havent had a problem finding a fight since V2 launched.  I am finding fights i hadnt expected since well into last year.  

1 minute ago, ron [unreformed] said:

Just because you're a career cop and you don't play on civ , makes you think that owning 5 houses is too much. 

I am a career cop, but I also play the fuck out of civ.  I have 5 houses myself.  I think it is too much because it locks out new players from decent properties, I would love to have 10 houses myself... 

It is kinda moot anyways since people would just roll alts to scoop their old houses. 

Also back to the full server thing, we are not likely to get many new players due to the whole currently being a white listed server thing... 

Take down server 2 and wipe everyone's bank accounts and garages start fresh with V2. Won't be the popular opinion but it will get people to come back who haven't played in years and even new people since they don't feel so far behind and helpless when people roll around in Ifirits and Orca's non-stop. robbing them doing peaches.

May be rough first week or so with people feeling butt hurt about losing there stuff but other games like ARK & RUST for example wipe servers on weekly/monthly basis and retain a huge player base. If this is done it will spike the player base of the server because people will have a need to log on again even if nothing is going on the server (gang on gang or gang on cop) they would have a sense of accomplishment when they acquire enough money to buy there first house or first ORCA again.

This would also give admins a better chance to fix the economy which is obviously been in shambles for years as well as market prices for (Houses, Weapons, ETC.)  

Edited by Allstarplaya
MR. COW likes this
4 hours ago, Roice said:

giphy.gif

Listen to this man @Jesse and @Clint Beastwood.

I know I'm usually toxic but this...is the golden idea.

Edited by Slick
MR. COW likes this
6 minutes ago, Allstarplaya said:

Take down server 2 and wipe everyone's bank accounts and garages start fresh with V2. Won't be the popular opinion but it will get people to come back who haven't played in years and even new people since they don't feel so far behind and helpless when people roll around in Ifirits and Orca's non-stop. robbing them doing peaches.

May be rough first week or so with people feeling butt hurt about losing there stuff but other games like ARK & RUST for example wipe servers on weekly/monthly basis and retain a huge player base. If this is done it will spike the player base of the server because people will have a need to log on again even if nothing is going on the server (gang on gang or gang on cop) they would have a sense of accomplishment when they acquire enough money to buy there first house or first ORCA again.

This would also give admins a better chance to fix the economy which is obviously been in shambles for years as well as market prices for (Houses, Weapons, ETC.)  

Well a lot of players will leave if they don't keep the money they grind for. The orcas and ifrits are only the civ side of things. The problem is that on the police side of things, Wiping accounts would mean even less police higher ups will be pulling armor to fight at bank, prison, fed and such. Also where is your sense of achievement? I don't play rust but i imagine it sucks ballz to grind just to have it wiped. I still thing more players would leave and not come back if things were wiped on a regular basis. If they are wiped just once there will still be quite a chunk of players leaving which is the opposite of what the server is going for in V2

The Boss likes this
14 minutes ago, Allstarplaya said:

Would definetly give a nice breath of fresh air, along with V2. Also, as you mention, it woud be a strong appeal to new players. The thing is, its scary to wipe, and theres no going back. Some players will definetly leave, and the player base may take a small hit, but a small hit is a cheap price to give the server some upwards momentum. V2 alone is really not that strong appeal

well first before thinking about shutting down server 2. You should probably test a weekend with whitelist off. I have a small feeling if you do things in the opposite order most people wont even be able to log on because of the server cap. Just think about it we it 70 to 50 on each server constantly WITH a whitelist. Unless it is just going to be there forever now

9 minutes ago, Clay Teller said:

Would definetly give a nice breath of fresh air, along with V2. Also, as you mention, it woud be a strong appeal to new players. The thing is, its scary to wipe, and theres no going back. Some players will definetly leave, and the player base may take a small hit, but a small hit is a cheap price to give the server some upwards momentum. V2 alone is really not that strong appeal

would that really fix a issue tho, at this point in the game the people on top are going to stay on top. They know how to make money quick every trick in the book. and will very very quickly leave new players into the dust like it always has been. At the current moment with so much money in the economy its not all that hard when your new, money flows like water. But on a wipe those top players are going to completly hoard the market and orcas will be flying around in days keeping it locked down to raise their own profits higher 

Edited by vUnited
Ghost0fDawn likes this
Just now, vUnited said:

would that really fix a issue tho, at this point in the game the people on top are going to stay on top. They know how to make money quick every trick in the book. and will very very quickly leave new players into the dust like it always has been

Well its not about shifting the "top" players, its about giving old players an incentive to come back again, knowing they start on a somewhat level ground, and dont feel completely out of touch. Furthermore, its actually pretty fun starting from scratch.

I would know, i have done it loads of times :frog:

Just now, Clay Teller said:

Well its not about shifting the "top" players, its about giving old players an incentive to come back again, knowing they start on a somewhat level ground, and dont feel completely out of touch. Furthermore, its actually pretty fun starting from scratch.

I get your point, its just that not all of us are used to wipes when there hasnt been one in years. unlike rust where its been like that for ages and you know exactly what your getting into ie a 1 week, 2 week or bi monthly wipe. 

Just now, Clay Teller said:

How long will the incentive last? Lets say a wipe happens tomorrow. At what point will there be another discussion on this same topic? the problem with a fresh start is that it needs to be at regular intervals or not at all. So the wipe happens tomorrow and in three months the gangs that are great at making money have orcas and ifrits again. then another forum thread pops up with the same argument that to entice new players to feel welcome there needs to be a wipe.

13 hours ago, Shepurd said:

Personally, i'd be okay with this proposition.  I have my houses on 2 stuffed to the brim with goodies to sell, but i'm waiting for infamy perks to sell.

it would suck for those that main S2 and don't really have houses on S1.

1 hour ago, johnSmith757 said:

How long will the incentive last? Lets say a wipe happens tomorrow. At what point will there be another discussion on this same topic? the problem with a fresh start is that it needs to be at regular intervals or not at all. So the wipe happens tomorrow and in three months the gangs that are great at making money have orcas and ifrits again. then another forum thread pops up with the same argument that to entice new players to feel welcome there needs to be a wipe.

Servers have not been wiped in like 7 years, with something like Asylum, it might just work. Its about trying to breath some fresh air into the servers, that have been dying for a long time. Perhaps its not a permanent solution, but its worth a try. People are going back to school, work etc. soon. in 3-4 months, when the V2 "hype" dies, there will be even less of a community left. I think wiping soon, while theres still some life, will have the biggest impact. Then again, i may be wrong and this may just be another shitpost. 

No matter what, wiping servers would personally make me want to start out again, but then again it might just be me.

1 hour ago, vUnited said:

I get your point, its just that not all of us are used to wipes when there hasnt been one in years. unlike rust where its been like that for ages and you know exactly what your getting into ie a 1 week, 2 week or bi monthly wipe. 

Yea i get that, and its a good point. It would definitely be something unheard of when it comes to Asylum.