worth it to play wow classic?

王 rando 王

so ive been watching these wow classic streams and like i kinda wanna play. but like i never played wow before except a couple free trials because i was poor in the past ya know. no kid got monthly revenue to spend on wow. but now im not poor and get over 1300 a month so like i could pay for a wow subscription now. but with my lack of experience in the game is it even worth it to try to start playing this game?

Donald likes this
41 minutes ago, 王 rando 王 said:

so ive been watching these wow classic streams and like i kinda wanna play. but like i never played wow before except a couple free trials because i was poor in the past ya know. no kid got monthly revenue to spend on wow. but now im not poor and get over 1300 a month so like i could pay for a wow subscription now. but with my lack of experience in the game is it even worth it to try to start playing this game?

I pretty much was the same way with the free trials. I'm up to lvl 20 atm and cant stop playing. Definitely worth getting into if you enjoy the grind

1 hour ago, 王 rando 王 said:

https://discord.gg/FDWkUSU all asylum people if you wanna play 

Edited by {-M-}

just hit lvl 31 on my pally, Queue times are super aids if you dont prepare for it and because i play on a US server i get up at 2-4am log into wow or my queue is 8000+ and it takes me 4-10 hours to get in... even getting up at that time i still get a 2000-4000 queue...so i get up login go to the gym for a hour or two, come home do a few chores and by the time ive done that its you know 6-7am and im in game. either find a server with low pop or be prepared to wait :) 

Edited by Crossfade

I played WoW from a month after vanilla came out till about halfway through cata on the daily. I was 8 when I started playing so my opinion might be slightly skewed because I had no idea what the fuck was going on in the first run of classic wow for a little under a year but regardless it was one of the best experiences I ever had in gaming. It's pretty hardcore in nature, and kinda grindy. For all of those people who haven't played wow before, the content doesn' really start until max level, which in classic WoW is 60. If you are gonna play classic WoW and have any intention of Raiding, clear out your fucking schedule because you are gonna have no life.

Just now, Steve said:

I played WoW from a month after vanilla came out till about halfway through cata on the daily. I was 8 when I started playing so my opinion might be slightly skewed because I had no idea what the fuck was going on in the first run of classic wow for a little under a year but regardless it was one of the best experiences I ever had in gaming. It's pretty hardcore in nature, and kinda grindy. For all of those people who haven't played wow before, the content doesn' really start until max level, which in classic WoW is 60. If you are gonna play classic WoW and have any intention of Raiding, clear out your fucking schedule because you are gonna have no life.

thank you for your input.

Screenshot_15.png

dont worry, i still love you <3

Steve likes this
14 minutes ago, Louie said:

The most tedious part of classic is the leveling, as far as I can tell a guild killed Rag on the first pull, also noting the game was only out for 5 days when they killed the "Endgame" boss. Endgame seems casual but the leveling is the real grind. I could be wrong though I didn't play classic.

they killed rag ANNNNNNNNND Onyxia before the first week was over... thats 40 lvl 60's in 5 days.... the world first 60 had his brother play while he slept, your telling me 40 people also did this? xD shits intense

1 hour ago, Crossfade said:

they killed rag ANNNNNNNNND Onyxia before the first week was over... thats 40 lvl 60's in 5 days.... the world first 60 had his brother play while he slept, your telling me 40 people also did this? xD shits intense

Only 20 of those 40 for Rag where level 60. The others were not max. I think I even heard a few of them were 56s?

WolfLeader likes this