Do you even lift?

DeSt

4 hours ago, Reapered said:

Did you just start going to the gym? How long have you been lifting?

I've been lifting for about a year now, I had a pretty rough start since i was a noob but now I know how to lift mostly.

2 hours ago, Smee said:

proof or it didnt happen :)

I don't got a video of it but here's a shirtless pic for ya

c306105138c76dc73275428538e834fb.png

12 minutes ago, K A Z E M said:

lol 

My PR 

is 

20kg  Bench

40kg Squat

0 Deadlift i have not tried it yet

150 kg Weight 

If you do decide to dead lift be sure to use proper form cause you can screw up your lower back. 

Are you just starting the gym cause the bench to weight ratio is pretty bad but thats usually normal for beginners. Being a beginner though shouldn't be discouraging because within the first two months you'll make lots of gains. Depending on your goals you could become a power lifter at your current weight or try to cut down and get lean, if that's the case mix some cardio into your ordinary workout and you'll start leaning out.

4 hours ago, Steve said:

Those are well within achievable numbers.

in 2015 I hit my best for the big three all within the same 2 months. I benched 260, squatted 445 twice, and dead lifted 505.

That's some strong man numbers, Those are def some goals for me lol.

1 hour ago, DeSt said:

If you do decide to dead lift be sure to use proper form cause you can screw up your lower back. 

Are you just starting the gym cause the bench to weight ratio is pretty bad but thats usually normal for beginners. Being a beginner though shouldn't be discouraging because within the first two months you'll make lots of gains. Depending on your goals you could become a power lifter at your current weight or try to cut down and get lean, if that's the case mix some cardio into your ordinary workout and you'll start leaning out.

my goal is to be like a bruce lee 

1 hour ago, K A Z E M said:

my goal is to be like a bruce lee 

I would recommend cutting for sure then. Do some strength training and then end the work out with some treadmil or other cardio for about 20-30 minutes. Also since bruce lee is a fighter you might want to get more into endurance training and possibly even get a personal trainer for teaching you how to fight.

K A Z E M likes this

personal record: 

185 Bench

I haven't maxed squatting.

320 Deadlift

185 Powerclean 

I weight 150 lbs and I'm a sophomore in hs

I'd say the biggest thing for you to focus on is consistency, protein, lots of water, and especially sleep. 

Edited by eRr0r : n0 UnIT
14 minutes ago, eRr0r : n0 UnIT said:

personal record: 

185 Bench

I haven't maxed squatting.

320 Deadlift

185 Powerclean 

I weight 150 lbs and I'm a sophomore in hs

I'd say the biggest thing for you to focus on is consistency, protein, lots of water, and especially sleep. 

Make sure to shower too, this guy didn't shower for 4 DAYS

Bherky likes this
  • 2 weeks later...