Regarding Forum Downtime

Jesse

Hey everyone,

I first off want to apologize for the long duration of forum downtime. I have had a busy week unfortunately, and had to work this in to my schedule. While the forums have been down, they've been updated to the latest Invision Community version, which caused a plugin to have issues with ALL forum posts. The cause of forum posts being broken took me like 2 hours to figure out, eventually I narrowed it down to a certain plugin. Then I had to update all ~23,000 users via a script I made to repair some stuff.

The unfortunate thing out of all this was just that any hosted images on the site will have broken links now. That is why your signatures and avatars have been reset. If you wish to have your signature back AND it was more than just a few words or something and was something lengthy or hard to re-create.. (assuming it didn't have an image in and it was just text or something, shoot me a PM, I can get it for you). This however did free up like 40gb of space on the webserver.

Lastly, SSL is now active across all domains except our subdomains for those of you with admin/cop tools. This is due to our SSL license only being paid for the TLD (top-level domain), we do not have subdomain coverage for SSL.

Broken Images for rank icons will be replaced/added back soon. Need to get them. Also, the forums is currently "rebuilding" images in the background making them compatible with SSL if possible. So some images may show up after a while and it may just be that they're not showing due to not being processed by the server yet, as the forum system is also re-indexing everything. So the webserver is under a relatively heavy load currently.

Once again, I apologize for the downtime and the loss of any signatures/avatars. If you notice anything broken on the forums, shoot me a pm.

Thank you,
Jesse

Bag Of Funyuns, Emma, Copa and 14 others like this