Whitelisted Medics

Leady

As we continue to work behind the scenes to get the new medic systems into place we wanted to give a look into where we stand and some of the things coming.

firelogo512x512center.png

First off let me officially congratulate @Jake as the first Chief of the Altis Fire Department.

Jake has been and will continue over the next few days to get policies in place and begin to fill out the ranks. Helping him along the way is Assistant Chief @Bread

The rank structure is quite a bit different compared to the APD where we have 3 captains with 1 of them being an admin chief of police position. At the end of the day the CoP is still another captain when it comes to policies and decisions for the apd. On the other hand, the AFD will have 1 Chief position that is the ultimate decider in all related matters. As Bread is doing, there will be 2-4 Assistant Chief positions that are responsible for helping the Chief to make new policies and enforce AFD guidelines. 

The other ranks are as follows:

Paramedic - (Junior Staff) U2pVaCK.png

Advanced EMT 28nVgSS.png

EMT e4YWksY.png

EMR - (Cadet) Dgyebon.png

In addition to new uniforms for each rank you will also be seeing some new vehicles and old ones with new skins moving around Altis with the launch of the AFD. A huge shout out to @Boon whom without, much of this wouldn't be possible. His work has been far above and beyond what we could imagine. He has created almost everything skin wise from the logo, to the teaser image you see below. We've also brought in @GO7NEY to help finish off the new skins and chalk this part of the project complete.

mTpd1b2.png

One major game-play change to highlight is the working relationship between the APD and AFD especially around federal events. While the APD holds command authority during such events medics will be on standby to rush into harms way to assist those who are in need. The APD and AFD will have joint communication channels for all federal events as well. Their teamwork will also extend outside of major events around the island, more to come on that later though. While there will always be some friction when new things are introduced both factions have agreed to have policy changes in place to help alleviate as much of that friction as they can.

Finally, how do you join? Like the Apd there will be applications on the forums. We hope to have them opened very soon, right now we plan to open them prior to the new medic system being implemented on the servers. That means there will be a gap of time between acceptance and the new faction rolling out. In the meantime the old un-whitelisted medic is live on the servers but has no impact on any rank for AFD.

There is still some work to be done, as such there is no ETA on the factions release. We are expecting more information around the AFD to be provided by the Chiefs later this week. 

4 minutes ago, Crossfade said:

Nice job! finally something we all asked for coming to altis xD 

Edit:

Oh i just read that the apd and afd are working together, so white listed medics will be reviving cops at feds/banks and not civs?

Important sentence in there, "While the APD holds command authority during such events medics will be on standby to rush into harms way to assist those who are in need." There are some things that need to be finalized before we can go into anymore details around this but the skinny is yes, there will be ways for medics to revive civs during feds/banks/prisons/lockups.

Tiny Cox and Mayhem like this
41 minutes ago, Leady said:

Important sentence in there, "While the APD holds command authority during such events medics will be on standby to rush into harms way to assist those who are in need." There are some things that need to be finalized before we can go into anymore details around this but the skinny is yes, there will be ways for medics to revive civs during feds/banks/prisons/lockups.

Yeah i read that.. but with "One major game-play change to highlight is the working relationship between the APD and AFD especially around federal events." makes it seem like the AFD will prioritise the APD over civs. and if they revive civs are they going to be shot/detained by the APD? i mean its a firefight after all.. 

Ive seen some of shit that has been done so far and its gonna be a sick addition to asylum. Finally having WL medics is gonna be a nice game changer.

17 minutes ago, Mason Statham said:

Looking forward to this.

I'm presuming cop medics are going to lose slot of their shit to even make medics worth being at federal events ?

From what ive been told it'll be reworked AFTER the new medic shit comes in.

3 hours ago, Redtails2000 said:

where do i apply :P

Applications will be opened before the weekend, I’m hoping sooner than that but I recently accepted a promotion within my company and it is requiring me to move, most of the policies are already done, just some things we need to hash out yet... That being said, applications will be open in under 7 days, in-game stuff is unknown to me because I don’t have any idea how they do what they do, but I can promise you they are working since I can see progress on the back end

2 hours ago, Dillon said:

Any idea what the age requirement will be?

Nothing set in stone yet, but we will have a lower age requirement than the APD

7 hours ago, Reformed epTic said:

Are you guys ready for them to remove defibs from everyone but medics? 

Makes sense with the cop limit ;)

We're trying very hard to avoid that. I've seen in the past problems that require a hammer be hit with a bulldozer IE: Prowlers/quillins. We are planning some small changes to gameplay mechanics to promote allowing a medic revive over a cop or civ, but in case a medic isn't available we still want players to be able to revive.

9 hours ago, Reapered said:

@Leady can you still get in medic if you’re blacklisted on cop

Yes they will have separate blacklisting/points or what ever the chiefs decide for handling disciplinary actions.

Fried Rice likes this
31 minutes ago, Leady said:

We're trying very hard to avoid that. I've seen in the past problems that require a hammer be hit with a bulldozer IE: Prowlers/quillins. We are planning some small changes to gameplay mechanics to promote allowing a medic revive over a cop or civ, but in case a medic isn't available we still want players to be able to revive.

Yes they will have separate blacklisting/points or what ever the chiefs decide for handling disciplinary actions.

Ok I’ll take my captain position now then

Azeh likes this
1 hour ago, Leady said:

The limit needs to be severe then. 

Civs wanna complain about getting zerg rushed by cops, but it's fine for captains and lts to form a massive group of 10+ people and fuck with the 4-5 cops that are online in the overnight hours. 

On 9/23/2019 at 12:55 AM, Leady said:

The APD and AFD will have joint communication channels for all federal events as well

This will be interesting.

20 hours ago, Leady said:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I can see it now ~~~~~~~~~

Medic in Kavala doesnt want to drive/fly or cant, 10 km, civilian cant get revived because a medic is online or there are no defibs, :peperage:

On 9/23/2019 at 12:55 AM, Leady said:

8e90b2137c227d088932283ef6d06da4.png

Also, ALTIS is off centered 

.Casper and Boonie Hat like this
17 minutes ago, Alex Longmire said:

This will be interesting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I can see it now ~~~~~~~~~

Medic in Kavala doesnt want to drive/fly or cant, 10 km, civilian cant get revived because a medic is online or there are no defibs, :peperage:

Also, ALTIS is off centered 

Thanks, I modified the font last second and didn't notice. Fixed now