I have my opinion on the current situation of asylum

manhua

作为一个中国人,为目前的庇护状况。我不认为我们应该删除奖励。我们应该开放医生行业,增加反叛分子的荣誉,增加可卡因种植园和海洛因种植园的随机更新机制(多用房屋,更丰富),从而使生活服装的作用更加令人兴奋。事实上,在中国有很多服务器,比如庇护。我们中国人为什么不去那儿玩呢?第一,角色扮演经验太差,太少,其次,服务器优化不好(庇护优化不如以前那样好,有没有钱租更好的服务器,我不知道,我只是猜。管理也很差。所以我们就去了避难所,但是现在的庇护所伤害了玩家的利益(关闭2号和3号,我就丢了1000万枚硬币,我相信有很多像我这样的玩家),没有增加玩家的角色扮演体验。这应该只是大量玩家流失的原因之一,因为我是一个中国人,以上翻译错误,希望大家能理解!

Lightbulb likes this

Google Translate,

As a Chinese, the current asylum status. I don't think we should remove the reward. We should open up the doctor industry, increase the honor of insurgents, increase the random update mechanism of cocaine plantations and heroin plantations (multiple-use houses, more abundant), so that the role of life clothing is more exciting. In fact, there are many servers in China, such as shelter. Why don't we Chinese go there to play? First, the role-playing experience is too bad, too little, and secondly, the server optimization is not good (the asylum optimization is not as good as before, there is no money to rent a better server, I don't know, I just guess. Management is also very poor. So we I went to the refuge, but now the shelter has hurt the player's interests (closed on the 2nd and 3rd, I lost 10 million coins, I believe there are many players like me), without increasing the player's role play. Experience. This should be just one of the reasons for the loss of a large number of players, because I am a Chinese, the above translation error, I hope everyone can understand!

Lightbulb likes this
1 hour ago, Sheriff Rick said:

I like that you Chinese bring a lot of people and are really fun to fight.  I really don't know what you're getting at fully but sorry Chinese servers tend to be shit.  I've gone on there to troll and donors got Zafirs lol

+1 

I like the Chinese. Despite their inability to understand or speak fluent English, the majority of them are better roleplayers 99.99% of the APD. 

I spoke with Hai Dao for like 30 minutes the other day using Google translate and it was fucking dope.

Edited by Reformed epTic
2 hours ago, Sheriff Rick said:

I like that you Chinese bring a lot of people and are really fun to fight.  I really don't know what you're getting at fully but sorry Chinese servers tend to be shit.  I've gone on there to troll and donors got Zafirs lol

Thank you for your high praise of the Chinese people. Wish us a pleasant stay in asylum. Welcome to China.

1 hour ago, GO7NEY said:

The answer to “the server is dead” or “the server is dying” is simple. The server is currently ranked 16th out of thousands of Arma 3 servers. All servers are “dieing” due to lack of interest in the game from players. It’s a 6 year old game.

I mean, that number is highly inflated due to the huge amount of servers that are for private use. 

A3 in general is dying, but stripping away content and then taking forever to rerelease it is expediting the death. Jesse was in a no-win situation, people were mad because of the servers crashing, so they had to rush out a bare bones V2 before it was ready and now people are mad because of the lack of content. 

Once the Life server is up to speed, they should really look into creating an Invade and Annex server. There's a huge gap in the market and the only somewhat decent server is constantly filled but ran by complete retards. Would give people something to do to chill and practice combat.

Edited by Reformed epTic
6 hours ago, manhua said:

作为一个中国人,为目前的庇护状况。我不认为我们应该删除奖励。我们应该开放医生行业,增加反叛分子的荣誉,增加可卡因种植园和海洛因种植园的随机更新机制(多用房屋,更丰富),从而使生活服装的作用更加令人兴奋。事实上,在中国有很多服务器,比如庇护。我们中国人为什么不去那儿玩呢?第一,角色扮演经验太差,太少,其次,服务器优化不好(庇护优化不如以前那样好,有没有钱租更好的服务器,我不知道,我只是猜。管理也很差。所以我们就去了避难所,但是现在的庇护所伤害了玩家的利益(关闭2号和3号,我就丢了1000万枚硬币,我相信有很多像我这样的玩家),没有增加玩家的角色扮演体验。这应该只是大量玩家流失的原因之一,因为我是一个中国人,以上翻译错误,希望大家能理解!

i love u men

4 hours ago, GO7NEY said:

The answer to “the server is dead” or “the server is dying” is simple. The server is currently ranked 16th out of thousands of Arma 3 servers. All servers are “dieing” due to lack of interest in the game from players. It’s a 6 year old game.

We’ve heard that excuse so many times. Updates are still as rare as before v2. A lot of shit is still broken. No one gives a fuck anymore it seems like.

4 hours ago, GO7NEY said:

It's just a bad game

Altis life, was the only good thing about arma, but its so limited

5 hours ago, GO7NEY said:

People were going to actually play v2 but they butchered release dates and killed the hype. The server had a chance to absorb players from other servers, but it failed.

LOL

They're complaining about a lack of role play on their own servers when they can't communicate with 99% of our community without the use of google translate.

And so the CHINESE their idea to make more money is to make a fucking clothing factory HAHAHAHA remember we try not to use real life arguments here bud that usually doesn't work well in the asylum logic.

Maybe a rip-off phone factory for the poor people who's excuse that they didn't 911 us when they murdered 10 fully geared rebels with nothing but a rook is that they didn't have a phone will help.

Revenant likes this
3 hours ago, Bag Of Funyuns said:

We’ve heard that excuse so many times. Updates are still as rare as before v2. A lot of shit is still broken. No one gives a fuck anymore it seems like.

I mean we have lives? It's as simple as that. We fixed server crashing. The content left out was majority of what was told was going to be left out. I only have 2 days off this week. I'll maybe spend 1 night on asylum stuff this week. There's more than just in-game stuff. There's stuff that the admins need. Stuff that the forums needs done. There's support tickets that only Clint and I can do. There's a lot of stuff that needs work too.

We never claimed that once V2 released we'd be slamming out weekly updates or anything...

6 hours ago, Reformed epTic said:

Jesse was in a no-win situation, people were mad because of the servers crashing, so they had to rush out a bare bones V2 before it was ready and now people are mad because of the lack of content.

Pretty much sums it up...

We're also doing what we can, when we can. However, my real life stuff comes first. Always now. I use to put it off. Not anymore. Had things back when happened a few months sooner, things would be a lot better now for Asylum...

4 hours ago, Bag Of Funyuns said:

Stop for five minutes and put your selves in someone else shoes.

If someone told you - hey I need you to fix the teamspeak server every day after work/school for a majority of your free time.

- The first thing you would think of is "sure no big deal"
- Now do that every day for months, and months, and month's and see how you feel.
- Now picture the fact that everything your doing is for a game you didnt create so half the time the shit you do breaks because of shitty functions that are built in to the game or just for reasons that you may not be able to figure out easily without proper debugging tools that dont exist on a shitty video game server.
- Now if that wasn't annoying enough - lets pause right there and remind you that you are NOT getting paid, you are NOT getting appreciated, and you are NOT going to be able to re-use this code on a future project.

You dont think that half the people that work on this shit would rather be doing this for a GOOD game and getting paid real money? For fucks sake they could be getting paid a nice salary to go fuck around with a mobile game but there doing this to help you retards play.

I dont even play this shit game but I appreciate the effort people put in for the rest of you morons to play.

Edited by Sugarfoot
Natha, Roice, goyney and 8 others like this
2 minutes ago, Sugarfoot said:

If someone told you - hey I need you to fix the teamspeak server every day after work/school for a majority of your free time.

- Now do that every day for months, and months, and month's and see how you feel.
- Now picture the fact that everything your doing is for a game you didnt create so half the time the shit you do breaks because of shitty functions that are built in to the game or just for reasons that you may not be able to figure out easily without proper debugging tools that dont exist on a shitty video game server.
- Now if that wasn't annoying enough - lets pause right there and remind you that you are NOT getting paid, you are NOT getting appreciated, and you are NOT going to be able to re-use this code on a future project.

You dont think that half the people that work on this shit would rather be doing this for a GOOD game and getting paid real money? For fucks sake they could be getting paid a nice salary to go fuck around with a mobile game but there doing this to help you retards play.

I dont even play this shit game but I appreciate the effort people put in for the rest of you morons to play.

Nail.

Head.

/endthread

Sliick, Zoex, WolfLeader and 2 others like this
4 hours ago, Bag Of Funyuns said:

A lot of shit is still broken. No one gives a fuck anymore it seems like.

There's a handful of people making bug reports, and some bugs are easier to figure out than others.
If people actually made bug reports, that'd be helpful. Even if some are still not solved, every single one has been looked at.

It's not like we develop out of entertainment. Sometimes it's alright, but usually it's not much fun. Atleast that's what I feel, though I spent 4-12 hours nearly every day for a few weeks leading up to release - which was.. pretty burnout worthy. 

6 minutes ago, Sugarfoot said:

this ^

Fried Rice and Sail like this
44 minutes ago, Sugarfoot said:

25839167-clown-shoes-on-white-background

Alright im in them now what

Reformed epTic, Kawaii and DJB like this
1 hour ago, Reapered said:

I’m just gonna say this, Paratus was making fat stacks of cash in 2014 and not even then was he poppin out updates every fuckin week.

If you think Asylum is pulling in "fat stacks of cash" right now you're very wrong. If you're saying that he was making fat stacks and everyone expected less from him compared to how we're expected of a lot more now at not pulling in "fat stacks of cash", that I can agree with.

Fried Rice likes this
31 minutes ago, Jesse said:

If you think Asylum is pulling in "fat stacks of cash" right now you're very wrong. If you're saying that he was making fat stacks and everyone expected less from him compared to how we're expected of a lot more now at not pulling in "fat stacks of cash", that I can agree with.

The second one homie

I know you ain’t making nearly as much as it used it, PLARKA isn’t playing

Edited by Reapered
Batcan likes this
5 hours ago, Jesse said:

I mean we have lives? It's as simple as that. We fixed server crashing. The content left out was majority of what was told was going to be left out. I only have 2 days off this week. I'll maybe spend 1 night on asylum stuff this week. There's more than just in-game stuff. There's stuff that the admins need. Stuff that the forums needs done. There's support tickets that only Clint and I can do. There's a lot of stuff that needs work too.

We never claimed that once V2 released we'd be slamming out weekly updates or anything...

Pretty much sums it up...

We're also doing what we can, when we can. However, my real life stuff comes first. Always now. I use to put it off. Not anymore. Had things back when happened a few months sooner, things would be a lot better now for Asylum...

I mean but then you get rid of server 2 losing a ton of players to gain like 20 extra POP on server 1, and then limit the amount of cops online.  It is like you want asylum to fail at this point with the bonehead decisions of late.  Idgi.

1 hour ago, danile666 said:

I mean but then you get rid of server 2 losing a ton of players to gain like 20 extra POP on server 1, and then limit the amount of cops online.  It is like you want asylum to fail at this point with the bonehead decisions of late.  Idgi.

Play civ and stop complaining about a cop cap.  No new players are going to stay around if they get arrested every 3 seconds because the ratio is so shit. 

Fried Rice and Masonn like this
1 hour ago, danile666 said:

A ton of players? I never saw more than 30 people on server 2. If you really think that the cop to civ ratio was ok then you clearly dont pay attention. 

Abu and Innate like this
18 hours ago, manhua said:

As a Chinese player, to the current situation of Asylum, I think we should not delete reward, we should open Medic, add infamy point, bring back random cocaine and heroin area, more civ clothes. There is a  lot of servers in China, the reason why we play on Asylum because Chinese RP servers have bad RP, can not afford a good server for it, and admins are really bad too. that's why we play Asylum. But Asylum is hurting player's money in-game (closed Server 2 and 3, I lost over 10 million in-game, I believe there are more players like me), not add RP experience, that's only one reason of server going down.

Edited by YuSheng
Bag Of Funyuns and Subaru like this
1 hour ago, Chow Mein said:

A ton of players? I never saw more than 30 people on server 2. If you really think that the cop to civ ratio was ok then you clearly dont pay attention. 

1 hour ago, HotWings said:

Play civ and stop complaining about a cop cap.  No new players are going to stay around if they get arrested every 3 seconds because the ratio is so shit. 

2 hours ago, Good Lub said:

go civ for a while, won't hurt you

I play civ on server 2.  I dont have all my stuff on server 1 so no point in playing civ with the current set up.  So its only cop, and there is the cap now.  I also was playing on server 2 with 80+ people reguarly right up until they closed it down.  and shit was fine.  Seems like our fearless leaders here are burning the server to the ground as a social experiment or something?

1 minute ago, danile666 said:

I play civ on server 2.  I dont have all my stuff on server 1 so no point in playing civ with the current set up.  So its only cop, and there is the cap now.  I also was playing on server 2 with 80+ people reguarly right up until they closed it down.  and shit was fine.  Seems like our fearless leaders here are burning the server to the ground as a social experiment or something?

During the last 3 weeks before it was locked, it never had more than 50 players except from 2 days.

Fried Rice likes this
3 hours ago, danile666 said:

I mean but then you get rid of server 2 losing a ton of players to gain like 20 extra POP on server 1

There was not a "ton of players on S2":
server_players.php?GSID=5989723&start=-1

As you can see the PEAK was only ever maybe 30... So I guess if you use your brain you'd see that moving those 20 people you say we gained on S1 was a good move...
Since on gametracker we were ranked 31st, now S1 is ranked 15th. That increases the likely hood of new players coming to replace those old players who we aren't getting back.

No one wants to play on a server where the cop ratio is jacked. There is 1,100 whitelisted cops that can potentially join at anytime before, we needed to adjust for that. We scaled back servers from what was once 4 servers. The cop force was never scaled back to reflect. You got a bunch of high ranks that can potentially roll with friends and destroy the low population when it's there. That's not what we want. We need people to be having a good time. The cop cap isn't going to be permanent. It's a trial right now to see if we can work on essentially "coddling" our S1 population to grow it. We want people playing and having good interactions.

This is now the chart for S1:
server_players.php?GSID=5989722&start=-1

As you can see the decision has increased the player counts for the most part. The lows are higher and the highs are higher. That's good...

I stand by our decision and think it was a good move. I think the data here provides to us that it was also a good move... If not, I guess I'm a bonehead.

2 hours ago, HotWings said:

^^ This is quite accurate. I'm glad you understand why we did what we did.

2 hours ago, Chow Mein said:

Glad you're not blind as well. Thank you for your understanding.

37 minutes ago, danile666 said:

Really? Please look at the charts and tell me when there was 80+ people on S2.... (see below for a 3M outline of Max, average, min players on the server for each date, hover over it)
https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/arma3/3267121?playerCount=3M