I have my opinion on the current situation of asylum

manhua

46 minutes ago, danile666 said:

I play civ on server 2.  I dont have all my stuff on server 1 so no point in playing civ with the current set up.  So its only cop, and there is the cap now.  I also was playing on server 2 with 80+ people reguarly right up until they closed it down.  and shit was fine.  Seems like our fearless leaders here are burning the server to the ground as a social experiment or something?

S2 will have its time soon.  TBA.

Nino Brown likes this
36 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I mean but then you get rid of server 2 losing a ton of players to gain like 20 extra POP on server 1

There was not a "ton of players on S2":
server_players.php?GSID=5989723&start=-1

As you can see the PEAK was only ever maybe 30... So I guess if you use your brain you'd see that moving those 20 people you say we gained on S1 was a good move...
Since on gametracker we were ranked 31st, now S1 is ranked 15th. That increases the likely hood of new players coming to replace those old players who we aren't getting back.

No one wants to play on a server where the cop ratio is jacked. There is 1,100 whitelisted cops that can potentially join at anytime before, we needed to adjust for that. We scaled back servers from what was once 4 servers. The cop force was never scaled back to reflect. You got a bunch of high ranks that can potentially roll with friends and destroy the low population when it's there. That's not what we want. We need people to be having a good time. The cop cap isn't going to be permanent. It's a trial right now to see if we can work on essentially "coddling" our S1 population to grow it. We want people playing and having good interactions.

This is now the chart for S1:
server_players.php?GSID=5989722&start=-1

As you can see the decision has increased the player counts for the most part. The lows are higher and the highs are higher. That's good...

I stand by our decision and think it was a good move. I think the data here provides to us that it was also a good move... If not, I guess I'm a bonehead.

^^ This is quite accurate. I'm glad you understand why we did what we did.

Glad you're not blind as well. Thank you for your understanding.

Really? Please look at the charts and tell me when there was 80+ people on S2.... (see below for a 3M outline of Max, average, min players on the server for each date, hover over it)
https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/arma3/3267121?playerCount=3M

can we just get warrant, prestige infamy and BH back? 

18 hours ago, danile666 said:

I mean but then you get rid of server 2 losing a ton of players to gain like 20 extra POP on server 1, and then limit the amount of cops online.  It is like you want asylum to fail at this point with the bonehead decisions of late.  Idgi.

That may be your opinion on matters but I don't agree with what you are saying personally.  

1 hour ago, Clint Beastwood said:

I'm a glutton for punishment, I like proving people wrong, even at the end of the day I gain literally nothing.

Who knows maybe it all just falls apart.  But the ride is a learning experience.  Patch notes soon btw.

This shit is never dying, Arma 4/bohemian game will eventually come and that’s when you, Jesse, and Azeh need to pop the fuck off and throw up an RP server as quick as possible. Retards who say this shit is dying have been saying that since 2016, I believed it was when the greedy cunt and fat fuck were running things but you guys did what those 2 lazy cunts couldn’t do in 3 years. 

People think I did the teamspeak and abusing admin shit because I was done with Asylum and wanted it to die, there’s some truth to that but it was mainly Bamf’s and Gnashes’s Asylum. I never hated you or anyone else on the staff.I did care a lot about the community when i was an admin and I’m actually happy that you guys are continuing the legacy.

Edited by Reapered

Medic will dabble into Police Prestige, we have to rework Prestige to make medic worth having so those perks will change.

Infamy will be reworked entirely overhauled, also certain perks will be applied to our new medic roles so those things have to change.

Warrant wont be in until Bounty Hunter comes back, a lot of those things, scripts, intertwine.

Let us launch medic (soon) and we'll talk about the rest.

Fried Rice likes this
On 9/26/2019 at 4:11 PM, danile666 said:

I mean but then you get rid of server 2 losing a ton of players to gain like 20 extra POP on server 1, and then limit the amount of cops online.  It is like you want asylum to fail at this point with the bonehead decisions of late.  Idgi.

So far the added pop and cop cap has made the game more fun to play and the servers are more lively.  

Kawaii likes this

It’s a smart move to drop server 2 indefinitely.  Keep S1 pop as high as possible to attract new players.  Then if server 1 becomes spam fest to enter.  Reintroduce S2.  

However, for the time being, I’d prefer to liquidate my assets on S2.

I personally think the staff is doing a wonderful job.  Don’t listen to these butthurt basement dwellers...

The server performance is PERFECT.  And there is PLENTY to do to make money, have fun, or just troll...

7 hours ago, cHIP oTLE said:

Then if server 1 becomes spam fest to enter.  Reintroduce S2.  

However, for the time being, I’d prefer to liquidate my assets on S2.

This is our plan. S2 will be available just in a different fashion soon hopefully....

2 hours ago, Reformed epTic said:

i was never out of mod queue LOL people just keep approving my shit 

i'm not saying olympus is better. both servers are shitty and dying, arma 3 in general is shitty and dying

I approve a lot of his shit. 😃

If both are shitty. Why are you still here then....

DankBud likes this
19 hours ago, Reapered said:

This shit is never dying, Arma 4/bohemian game will eventually come and that’s when you, Jesse, and Azeh need to pop the fuck off and throw up an RP server as quick as possible. Retards who say this shit is dying have been saying that since 2016, I believed it was when the greedy cunt and fat fuck were running things but you guys did what those 2 lazy cunts couldn’t do in 3 years. 

People think I did the teamspeak and abusing admin shit because I was done with Asylum and wanted it to die, there’s some truth to that but it was mainly Bamf’s and Gnashes’s Asylum. I never hated you or anyone else on the staff.I did care a lot about the community when i was an admin and I’m actually happy that you guys are continuing the legacy.

I think in reality this is what everyone is waiting for.  Arma 3 is just stale, the concept of life servers is fun and entertaining, but there are just too many better games now even if you dont have that aspect. 

DankBud likes this
On 9/26/2019 at 2:37 AM, GO7NEY said:

The answer to “the server is dead” or “the server is dying” is simple. The server is currently ranked 16th out of thousands of Arma 3 servers. All servers are “dieing” due to lack of interest in the game from players. It’s a 6 year old game.

super niche server on a niche game... thats 6 years old.

Asylum would thrive if Arma was bigger.

goyney likes this
3 hours ago, Sheriff Rick said:

Really I don't get shitting on Asylum.  You really want Olympus to be the only option?  Do you like NLR, more overpowered cops and having to wait for a medic to revive you?  No weapon crafting? Like come on now

Do you like NLR - Yes 

more overpowered cops - At least the higher ups @ Olympus have half a brain cell. 

having to wait for a medic to revive you - Yes, makes fights more tactical instead of the constant zerg rush. Oh I get shot? No problem. I've got 15 people around me with defibs 

No weapon crafting - crafting is dead content

Edited by Reformed epTic
5 hours ago, MrJackintheBox said:

Server dead....should have kept BH. O well. 

There’s MUCH better ways of making money than bounty hunting.

There’s much better ways to have fun than bounty hunting.

if you choose not to play due to one missing aspect of the game, that’s your decision.

and no one gives a shit whether you wanna play or not.  So grow up and stop whining, child.

Master27411 and bigjohn561 like this