Cooler advice

1 hour ago, Jake said:

Never used that personally... I had a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo... worked well but then I went to liquid cooled... personally I’ll never go back.. I suggest buying another if you feel you need to, or try to clean yours up first and go from there

When i first started the build i was originally gonna spend the extra money on a custom closed loop set up but the h100 was cheap af at the time so i said fuck it and not 2 years later its sounding funny, first time today actually my PC shut down over temps. Before on previous builds ive used a 212 which never gave me issues until i upgraded everything so thats why im leaning more towards the Noctua. I cleaned everything up and do a few tests an hour ago which came up problem free so ill see if that might sort it for the time being.

49 minutes ago, eazy:( said:

am i retarded or did anyone take the title too literally and expected an advice on how to be cooler

tenor.gif?itemid=7344135

Innate likes this
3 hours ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

So my H100i v2 is making some funky noises and im pretty sure its on its last leg so im debating on whether i should get a another H100i v2 or ditch water cooling and get a Noctua NH-D15 SE-AM4, which runs the same temps pretty much. Ive a i7 7700k. Anyone use/used a Noctua NH-D15 SE-AM4 before?

Get a water cooled router

20 hours ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

So apparently when i reinstalled windows the voltages fucked up some how and made everything go fucking bananas (?). Reset bios, cleaned the cooler, all is well now.

Was gonna say, I have the same cooler and mine would sound like a jet was taking off every time I started my pc and it would last for a little bit until it stopped. I guess something was wrong so I told them, sent mine in and got a new one.