CONTROVERSIAL THREAD

Reapered

Something similar to what the brave Americans did back in 1776, rid themselves of a over controlling government.

Image result for hong kong protest american flag

OK, maybe not as intense as the revolutionary war but definitely a beginning. All countries go through a sort of enlightenment when powerful groups of people corrupt your government, although its definitely reappearing in the US, and I'm not talking about some moronic senators who barely got elected who don't know what they're doing. I'm talking about powerful, global almost oligarchical corrupted politicians in the US (Clinton's, Biden, Kennedy's, etc).  

Corruption in HK: https://www.transparency.org/country/HKG

Chances are some admin who watches CNN is going to delete this, but if not I hope everything is well with you  @Reapered

Edited by justi
32 minutes ago, justi said:

Something similar to what the brave Americans did back in 1776, rid themselves of a over controlling government.

OK, maybe not as intense as the revolutionary war but definitely a beginning. All countries go through a sort of enlightenment when powerful groups of people corrupt your government, although its definitely reappearing in the US, and I'm not talking about some moronic senators who barely got elected who don't know what they're doing. I'm talking about powerful, global almost oligarchical corrupted politicians in the US (Clinton's, Biden, Kennedy's, etc).  

I could recommend a couple of good sites. 

Corruption in HK: https://www.transparency.org/country/HKG

Cradle of power in the US, use links on side to guide through the site if you so desire: https://thezog.wordpress.com/

Chances are some admin who watches CNN is going to delete this, but if not I hope everything is well with you  @Reapered.

Thank you for your opinion but I think you kinda went way off topic my friend.

i was mainly questioning the power of china over a lot of u.s companies. This has nothing to do with Republicans or Democrats lmao.

BlackShot, Bag Of Funyuns and thero like this
28 minutes ago, Reapered said:

i was mainly questioning the power of china over a lot of u.s companies. This has nothing to do with Republicans or Democrats lmao.

Well you questioned how people in China are reacting to what really is a start of a revolution, or at least reform of their government policies that genuinely  take away what we see as basic freedoms here in the states or the rest of the free world. I was just giving examples. Also I agree this has nothing to do with Democrats or Republicans. That picture has nothing to do with a certain party but the US as a whole being the leader of the free world, and that we hold a certain responsibility to help people in search of the same values.

I know I am probably getting too far into this for some Asylum political opinion but really, I did feel the pain of a lot of these protesters, and it was amazing to see many waving our flag that represents freedom while they sang our anthem. 

That's all I have to say. Goodluck.

Edited by justi
Quenton likes this
3 hours ago, Reapered said:

Like the U.S requesting that the daughter of Huawei's CEO to be extradited to the US?

It's under fraud and I guess that's reasonable, but China could soon drop US companies and make it so manufacturing will have to move. 

I mean you'd think the Chinese people would have caught on years ago that their government attempts to brainwash them and control every aspect of their lives from birth through spying, censorship, and punishing people who step too far out of line. I don't blame HK for wanting freedom nor do i think China has nearly as much control over the USA as it would seem considering how much money we have borrowed from them. If you take a look at why China hasn't invaded Taiwan even though they have been massing their forces in the region is because they are scared. Although the show of force in the region has slowly mounted over the past 40 years it should be noted that China has had the military capabilities to retake Taiwan for DECADES but never have since they seemed to be afraid of retribution. China is slowly falling apart and seems to be scrambling to regain total control over its citizens and the neighboring region retaking Taiwan would be the first steps towards that end. Personally I feel a declining China is a dangerous China especially if you look at their track record of mostly ignoring building their military v.s. their more recent views of wanting to become a military powerhouse. China will pose a global threat soon but will probably start with further subjugation of it's people and their neighbors.

TLDR: While China may not pose a major military threat to the US just yet (without using nuclear weapons) they are so extremely close and for sure could win the Asian continent against our allies if need be and soon we will need all the help we can get to fend them off if it comes down to that.

A few news/information sources for people really interested in the topic

Chinese Military spending compared to the USA and Russia: 

-1x-1.png

Chinese Military vs the USA: https://www.ibtimes.com/us-vs-china-military-strength-comparing-defense-capabilities-2789735

Pressure mounting against Taiwan: https://www.foxnews.com/world/taiwan-president-rejects-china-offer-of-one-country-two-systems

USA and China tensions rising in the South China Sea: https://www.scmp.com/news/china/military/article/2166910/us-navy-plans-major-show-strength-south-china-sea-warning

Edited by Tyler
2 hours ago, Tyler said:

I mean you'd think the Chinese people would have caught on years ago that their government attempts to brainwash them and control every aspect of their lives from birth through spying, censorship, and punishing people who step too far out of line.

Image result for tiananmen square pictures reddit

I dont know a whole lot about Chinese history, but im pretty sure they did.

18 minutes ago, •ÐŠ• Randy said:

I dont know a whole lot about Chinese history, but im pretty sure they did.

Funny a 1.35 billion civilian population and a military of around 3 million but they are still all being oppressed by a Communist regime. Doesn't sound like many Chinese citizens are really trying to be free.

Just now, Tyler said:

Funny a 1.35 billion civilian population and a military of around 3 million but they are still all being oppressed by a Communist regime. Doesn't sound like many Chinese citizens are really trying to be free.

Well when there are 1.35 billion unarmed people vs 3 million armed people with tanks, aircraft, and guns, the disparity isn't about the difference in population but the fact that any sort of uprising would result in entire villages, towns, and cities being turned into parking lots.

GravL likes this
7 minutes ago, Emma said:

Well when there are 1.35 billion unarmed people vs 3 million armed people with tanks, aircraft, and guns, the disparity isn't about the difference in population but the fact that any sort of uprising would result in entire villages, towns, and cities being turned into parking lots.

If 1% of those people banded together and asked for help from the USA, India, UK, France, Canada, Australia, Germany, Italy, etc we could provide the means. They have to really WANT it though. We have funded so many coups and uprisings in the past and given Chinas history of war crimes and violations of human rights we could justify the supply of arms to India for rebels to take across the border.

Pertinent to the list below obviously overthrowing a large Government like the Communists in China would be extremely difficult but it has been done before. The Chinese people are some of the bravest, intelligent, vicious, and frankly insane group of people basically ever to walk the earth. The Chinese people have kicked ass for over a thousand years i doubt a few decades of poverty and oppression changed much in that department.

a list of coups and rebellions we have supplied/funded/assisted in the past:

An * means it was successful.

China 1949 to early 1960s

Albania 1949-53

East Germany 1950s

Iran 1953 *

Guatemala 1954 *

Costa Rica mid-1950s

Syria 1956-7

Egypt 1957

Indonesia 1957-8

British Guiana 1953-64 *

Iraq 1963 *

North Vietnam 1945-73

Cambodia 1955-70 *

Laos 1958 *, 1959 *, 1960 *

Ecuador 1960-63 *

Congo 1960 *

France 1965

Brazil 1962-64 *

Dominican Republic 1963 *

Cuba 1959 to present

Bolivia 1964 *

Indonesia 1965 *

Ghana 1966 *

Chile 1964-73 *

Greece 1967 *

Costa Rica 1970-71

Bolivia 1971 *

Australia 1973-75 *

Angola 1975, 1980s

Zaire 1975

Portugal 1974-76 *

Jamaica 1976-80 *

Seychelles 1979-81

Chad 1981-82 *

Grenada 1983 *

South Yemen 1982-84

Suriname 1982-84

Fiji 1987 *

Libya 1980s

Nicaragua 1981-90 *

Panama 1989 *

Bulgaria 1990 *

Albania 1991 *

Iraq 1991

Afghanistan 1980s *

Somalia 1993

Yugoslavia 1999-2000 *

Ecuador 2000 *

Afghanistan 2001 *

Venezuela 2002 *

Iraq 2003 *

Haiti 2004 *

Somalia 2007 to present

Honduras 2009 *

Libya 2011 *

Syria 2012

Ukraine 2014 *

Edited by Tyler
26 minutes ago, Tyler said:

If 1% of those people banded together and asked for help from the USA, India, UK, France, Canada, Australia, Germany, Italy, etc we could provide the means. They have to really WANT it though. We have funded so many coups and uprisings in the past and given Chinas history of war crimes and violations of human rights we could justify the supply of arms to India for rebels to take across the border.

Pertinent to the list below obviously overthrowing a large Government like the Communists in China would be extremely difficult but it has been done before. The Chinese people are some of the bravest, intelligent, vicious, and frankly insane group of people basically ever to walk the earth. The Chinese people have kicked ass for over a thousand years i doubt a few decades of poverty and oppression changed much in that department.

a list of coups and rebellions we have supplied/funded/assisted in the past:

An * means it was successful.

China 1949 to early 1960s

Albania 1949-53

East Germany 1950s

Iran 1953 *

Guatemala 1954 *

Costa Rica mid-1950s

Syria 1956-7

Egypt 1957

Indonesia 1957-8

British Guiana 1953-64 *

Iraq 1963 *

North Vietnam 1945-73

Cambodia 1955-70 *

Laos 1958 *, 1959 *, 1960 *

Ecuador 1960-63 *

Congo 1960 *

France 1965

Brazil 1962-64 *

Dominican Republic 1963 *

Cuba 1959 to present

Bolivia 1964 *

Indonesia 1965 *

Ghana 1966 *

Chile 1964-73 *

Greece 1967 *

Costa Rica 1970-71

Bolivia 1971 *

Australia 1973-75 *

Angola 1975, 1980s

Zaire 1975

Portugal 1974-76 *

Jamaica 1976-80 *

Seychelles 1979-81

Chad 1981-82 *

Grenada 1983 *

South Yemen 1982-84

Suriname 1982-84

Fiji 1987 *

Libya 1980s

Nicaragua 1981-90 *

Panama 1989 *

Bulgaria 1990 *

Albania 1991 *

Iraq 1991

Afghanistan 1980s *

Somalia 1993

Yugoslavia 1999-2000 *

Ecuador 2000 *

Afghanistan 2001 *

Venezuela 2002 *

Iraq 2003 *

Haiti 2004 *

Somalia 2007 to present

Honduras 2009 *

Libya 2011 *

Syria 2012

Ukraine 2014 *

Don't know where you got that list from, but the only thing the US "assisted" Brazil in was brutally undermining the country's democracy amongst a paranoid fear of seeing it being taken by "the commies". The military took over power and forcefully removed a legitimately elected president. Right after that, media began getting censored and many individuals got summarily arrested, tortured or killed. Even kids. Democracy was restored after decades of protest and resentment, among other things.

Would definitely not call that a "success".

Bag Of Funyuns and Mr. Linux like this
11 hours ago, Tyler said:

That’s because a large majority of Chinese are living good lives and believe the current government are the cause of that. 

If you mention Tibet, Hong Kong, or Taiwan to a normal Chinese citizen, they will legit get angry. They are brainwashed.

18 hours ago, Tyler said:

I mean you'd think the Chinese people would have caught on years ago that their government attempts to brainwash them and control every aspect of their lives from birth through spying, censorship, and punishing people who step too far out of line. I don't blame HK for wanting freedom nor do i think China has nearly as much control over the USA as it would seem considering how much money we have borrowed from them. If you take a look at why China hasn't invaded Taiwan even though they have been massing their forces in the region is because they are scared. Although the show of force in the region has slowly mounted over the past 40 years it should be noted that China has had the military capabilities to retake Taiwan for DECADES but never have since they seemed to be afraid of retribution. China is slowly falling apart and seems to be scrambling to regain total control over its citizens and the neighboring region retaking Taiwan would be the first steps towards that end. Personally I feel a declining China is a dangerous China especially if you look at their track record of mostly ignoring building their military v.s. their more recent views of wanting to become a military powerhouse. China will pose a global threat soon but will probably start with further subjugation of it's people and their neighbors.

TLDR: While China may not pose a major military threat to the US just yet (without using nuclear weapons) they are so extremely close and for sure could win the Asian continent against our allies if need be and soon we will need all the help we can get to fend them off if it comes down to that.

A few news/information sources for people really interested in the topic

Chinese Military spending compared to the USA and Russia: 

-1x-1.png

Chinese Military vs the USA: https://www.ibtimes.com/us-vs-china-military-strength-comparing-defense-capabilities-2789735

Pressure mounting against Taiwan: https://www.foxnews.com/world/taiwan-president-rejects-china-offer-of-one-country-two-systems

USA and China tensions rising in the South China Sea: https://www.scmp.com/news/china/military/article/2166910/us-navy-plans-major-show-strength-south-china-sea-warning

What are you talking about? Everyone in China is very happy and their lives are 10x better than any other country's  people.

5 hours ago, Reapered said:

That’s because a large majority of Chinese are living good lives and believe the current government are the cause of that. 

If you mention Tibet, Hong Kong, or Taiwan to a normal Chinese citizen, they will legit get angry. They are brainwashed.

China like North Korea, communist governments.   @Tyler I hope you do know that the U.S does this proxy stuff to gain power and put in their own regimes or upset the nations economic stability.

Edited by Wop

It's almost like when you kill millions during the great leap forward that the people left are either loyal or learn to shut up and then the generations to come are either loyal or learn to shut up.  Also the Chinese are more nationalist than anyone, they like their country and to their credit China is doing very well because they are fucking everyone in trade and showing what a joke free trade is.

18 hours ago, BlackShot said:

Don't know where you got that list from, but the only thing the US "assisted" Brazil in was brutally undermining the country's democracy amongst a paranoid fear of seeing it being taken by "the commies". The military took over power and forcefully removed a legitimately elected president. Right after that, media began getting censored and many individuals got summarily arrested, tortured or killed. Even kids. Democracy was restored after decades of protest and resentment, among other things.

Would definitely not call that a "success".

I never said the aftermath was a success. Were there nations that benefited greatly from US involvement? Of course there were... were there countries where we implemented a US supported government and it was either later abolished or just didn't work out? Of course look at Afghanistan, Iraq, and Iran.

7 hours ago, Reapered said:

It's not so much that a "majority" of Chinese people are living good lives. It's that a minority are and then through censorship and limited information make the majority think if they keep working and support the Chinese government unequivocally that they will eventually be able to live a wealthy and fulfilling life too. +1 on the brainwashing though i 100% agree... after decades and decades of Chinese officials exclaiming that Tibet, HK, and Taiwan are "rogue nations" that are stealing from the Chinese population of course people will believe it ESPECIALLY when your source of information is also your source of money, food, and water.

1 hour ago, Wop said:

China like North Korea, communist governments.   @Tyler I hope you do know that the U.S does this proxy stuff to gain power and put in their own regimes or upset the nations economic stability.

Yes I understand that the USA normally only intervenes when it is either useful or provides a political advantage, when you think though China and Russia are the two largest competitors to the USA right now. If we were able to kick China out of the running with a coup you don't think the US govt wouldn't support it?

38 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick said:

It's almost like when you kill millions during the great leap forward that the people left are either loyal or learn to shut up and then the generations to come are either loyal or learn to shut up.  Also the Chinese are more nationalist than anyone, they like their country and to their credit China is doing very well because they are fucking everyone in trade and showing what a joke free trade is.

The Chinese people ARE more nationalist than anyone except maybe the Japanese, but it's not like China hasn't booted their government before. Shit China has performed more civil wars and revolutions than any one else in the world. The Chinese people are being exploited and subjugated by the hands of their government who are the only ones to profit. China as a country is doing great economically and militarily. Unfortunately for the Chinese people their country rakes in a 12 trillion GDP but their GDP per capita is around $8,900 while the American GDP per capita is $59,500. Trust me capitalism is alive and well and doing much better than China our citizens on average produce 6x more GDP per year than the Chinese who have around 4x the population of the USA meaning they should have around a 48 trillion a year GDP if they were performing the same as the USA per capita.

23 minutes ago, Tyler said:

The Chinese people ARE more nationalist than anyone except maybe the Japanese, but it's not like China hasn't booted their government before. Shit China has performed more civil wars and revolutions than any one else in the world. The Chinese people are being exploited and subjugated by the hands of their government who are the only ones to profit. China as a country is doing great economically and militarily. Unfortunately for the Chinese people their country rakes in a 12 trillion GDP but their GDP per capita is around $8,900 while the American GDP per capita is $59,500. Trust me capitalism is alive and well and doing much better than China our citizens on average produce 6x more GDP per year than the Chinese who have around 4x the population of the USA meaning they should have around a 48 trillion a year GDP if they were performing the same as the USA per capita.

They haven't successfully gotten rid of their government after Mao took power and made China communist.  And what made China powerful was retarded American leaders who thought that allowing China into the WTO and removing tariffs was going to be good for anybody except for greedy corporations that moved their plants and manufacturing over there and are now owned by the Chinese.  Of course, the Chinese people don't get to see the profits of their labor but that's what you get when you're ran by communist.  Also how are they going to get rid of their government when they don't even have guns?  Which most Chinese don't really seem interested in because their wages and quality of living is rising and they're brainwashed. 

1 hour ago, Sheriff Rick said:

They haven't successfully gotten rid of their government after Mao took power and made China communist.  And what made China powerful was retarded American leaders who thought that allowing China into the WTO and removing tariffs was going to be good for anybody except for greedy corporations that moved their plants and manufacturing over there and are now owned by the Chinese.  Of course, the Chinese people don't get to see the profits of their labor but that's what you get when you're ran by communist.  Also how are they going to get rid of their government when they don't even have guns?  Which most Chinese don't really seem interested in because their wages and quality of living is rising and they're brainwashed. 

You should read the previous comments i explained a little bit of a possibility. Guns find their ways into hands who want/need them regardless of laws if people are willing to supply them. Also China has only gone through like 42 (exaggerated) dynasties through the hundreds of years just because Mao claimed and established power is the same as the Qing, Song, Zhou, etc dynasties just because the communists hold power now doesn't make China forever a communist nation.

Edited by Tyler

Yes I understand that the USA normally only intervenes when it is either useful or provides a political advantage, when you think though China and Russia are the two largest competitors to the USA right now. If we were able to kick China out of the running with a coup you don't think the US govt wouldn't support it?

Unless low key they are trying to actually make USA like China and Russia... o.O... or it may just be because a world war with current tech would be very bad to say the least.  Yes I used to be a conspiracy theorist and still am to some degree.

Edited by Wop
On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 4:19 PM, justi said:

See @YuSheng I told you the Hong Kong protests are real... @justi is that yusheng with 911?