The Scotch System

Scotch System   

38 members have voted

1. 1. Which System is best

• Keep the system its fine
    • I like this plan (Squelchy's plan)
    • I WANT THE OLD SYSTEM BACK

The current scotch system is a thing that most old asylum member dislike because they remember the good old days were you scotch would age up to 25 year. The new system has changed that now instead you have to go back to distillery and change that 15 year into  25 year. Although not only is that annoying part you only ages 50 per restart but to be honest that was broken in the first place. But in my option the ageing process should only take place in your house. What should happen is your house should age 50 at a time (which we already have) but we shouldn't have to go back to distillery to change it into 25 year old scotch. I am going to put a pull below please VOTE I just want to get the communities input on this situation  

zgillette2018 and ZeroHD like this

Reserved spot for when I get home from work to post my reply... tldr scotch is better now

Changes to scotch in v2:

-Your whole house acts like a ageing barrel. Your scotch ages as if you had 3 individual barrels and let’s you store ingredients together.

-Server stability is 100% reliable, no unexpected crashes to mess something up.

-You can now age as much as you want of your tier 2 scotch to tier 3 without having to wait for a server restart.

-You don’t have to show storage on each house to age your scotch, it’s all automatic now.

-The price/profit of the activity is unaffected. There is just a slightly higher risk to an already low risk activity that is still done by many people and even the richest in game.

Quenton and WolfLeader like this

I was once, such as yourself a scotch runner and potentially one of the biggest scotch runners. It was the easiest money I've ever made. I estimate that I made 25-30 mil of scotch over the years and I was never once caught by the cops. I was robbed maybe 6 or 7 times in total. The amount of risk that scotch took to produce seriously did need to change. In my opinion it still is one of the most lucrative ways to make money when you consider the risk involved and how much actual effort is involved in the start to finish process. I personally feel like they may have gone just a tad too far in the balancing, but that is quite frankly negligible. If you wanna hit me with the "you're an admin now, your money is free" argument, then go ahead. Even when I was not an admin I would try to get my gang to run scotch on the massive scale that I ran it on, and I explicitly  encouraged them to do so because it was OP. If you don't believe me, hit up all the people I played with over the years and I'm quite confident that the majority of them will back up what I am saying.

ColtonB205 and WolfLeader like this
  • 2 weeks later...