Where the AFD at?

32 minutes ago, Ernie M said:

Where is the AFD at? Who is in charge of the AFD? I applied a several days ago and haven't heard or seen anything with it happen. I've been monitoring the TS channels for the AFD and haven't seen anyone in there either. I just want to play as a medic and help the poor dead people.

A few days. That is cute, try over a month.
8ffd0dae1d9d95e470304c1b77f6618d.png

18 minutes ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

All ive seen so far is friends of friends getting in thus far. I know its early days still and its not even implemented fully but yeah, someones gotta say it.

May seem like it, but I hate everyone equally. I agree with you and it's already been acknowledged, but like you said this is the early stage. We just wanted a few trustworthy guys to be able to seek out and bear the hiccups, then advise devs on what kinks should be ironed out. Applicants who were accepted so far (who are not part of asylum staff) are at the 2 lowest levels, and my hope is that they will remain there until we get the majority of applicants in. Then we'll focus on seeking out new blood to climb up rather than letting the washed up folks (like myself) hog the role. 

TL:DR We don't intend to let the AFD become a circlejerk for friends. 

Jake likes this
55 minutes ago, Sky said:

May seem like it, but I hate everyone equally. I agree with you and it's already been acknowledged, but like you said this is the early stage. We just wanted a few trustworthy guys to be able to seek out and bear the hiccups, then advise devs on what kinks should be ironed out. Applicants who were accepted so far (who are not part of asylum staff) are at the 2 lowest levels, and my hope is that they will remain there until we get the majority of applicants in. Then we'll focus on seeking out new blood to climb up rather than letting the washed up folks (like myself) hog the role. 

TL:DR We don't intend to let the AFD become a circlejerk for friends. 

I just feel like it would've been better to bring in more people outside of the current cliche that have been added currently at the beginning so that there would be different opinions all round and not the same one from the same group. Right now there is pretty much only cops, career or ex higher ups,  and i feel like some outside influences would benefit just as well.

Rafael, HomeUser and Gaskal like this
1 hour ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

I just feel like it would've been better to bring in more people outside of the current cliche that have been added currently at the beginning so that there would be different opinions all round and not the same one from the same group. Right now there is pretty much only cops, career or ex higher ups,  and i feel like some outside influences would benefit just as well.

I absolutely agree and I had vouched for more players outside of the usual clique when we voted for the first wave, but they wanted to go with people that they know to be trustworthy and active. I see their POV as well and I'm okay with it 'cause it's not like we intend to prioritize APD perspectives. It's a game, we're all in it for the fun. People from from entire spectrum of Asylum's playerbase will get in, so I'm sure development and policies can be altered based on what people contribute to the conversation. Just because the outside influences are delayed a bit doesn't mean their opinions will be valued any less than those of anybody else. 

I'll propose some more names to add to the initial wave, but can't guarantee it will happen just yet.  

16 hours ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

All ive seen so far is friends of friends getting in thus far. I know its early days still and its not even implemented fully but yeah, someones gotta say it.

What a bunch of faaauuucking caaaunts! Hang em all I say, power is getting to peoples heads! Especially @Azeh hes gone mad with power!

55 minutes ago, Jake said:

1- it’s funny how people bitch about a group of friend yet NOBODY has come to me about it aside from Asylum Staff

2- I’m VERY aware that people think that though I think more people should have reached out to me than cried on the forums

3- there is very very few people even accepted let alone made staff, as @Sky said, it’s to iron out the kinks, I actually plan to have more people I don’t know (who are also newer to the server) join the AFD staff structure, but for now, I’m keeping it small to trustworthy non-troll people for testing purposes

4- There are currently 52 applications for AFD staff, that isn’t even counting the 4-6 I ignored that weren’t even filled out... why did I ignore them? Because if they can’t fill it out the right way they obviously can’t follow simple steps and therefore don’t need to be staff

im not troll and trustworthy :)

eta on app reviews? 

Edited by Reformed epTic

Yesterday was the first full day of the AFD being released in a working state. We were able to identify a couple of minor issues and 1 major issue that were relayed to the Devs. IMO none of the issues found are game breaking or would prevent one from enjoying their time as a medic. I've encouraged the Chiefs to open up interviews, but as Jake stated it wont be a flood gate at first. The more people that you bring in the more issues that will be found, to ensure they are reported and handled promptly small waves of interviews seems like the best solution. 

Reformed epTic likes this
37 minutes ago, Leady said:

Yesterday was the first full day of the AFD being released in a working state. We were able to identify a couple of minor issues and 1 major issue that were relayed to the Devs. IMO none of the issues found are game breaking or would prevent one from enjoying their time as a medic. I've encouraged the Chiefs to open up interviews, but as Jake stated it wont be a flood gate at first. The more people that you bring in the more issues that will be found, to ensure they are reported and handled promptly small waves of interviews seems like the best solution. 

poggers. i can't wait, it'll be nice to be able to focus on having fun with rping instead of being forced to fight every 4 minutes. 

2 hours ago, CamMan said:

So Does this mean everyone application is on hold for now because i applied 1 week ago

Everyone's applications are still on hold.  We are bringing in more people slowly to help us find bugs that were missed on testing times.  As of right now we still keep a small testing circle of people to help find bugs and as they get found and fixed we are adding in players who weren't really in a big position to the community