Why does Y inventory drop on the ground when someone dies?

So someone gets shot and all of their inventory just explodes out all over the place? What was the point of doing that?

Also, is there a way to make your Y items not appear as briefcases? Maybe something with little to no mass? Nothing worse than pushing a tower just to have 10 suitcases lined up blocking the stairs so you cant make it to the top, or pushing a bank as cop and they dropped berries all over the entrance, killing you in your hatch when you strike a berry at full speed. Maybe make it something that can be picked up but you can walk or drive right over them.

Wouldnt using a berry like that almost be the same as exploiting?

Yuki Hayami likes this

All your Y pools into one briefcase when you die, would you rather have it be some tiny prop that is hard to find and scroll wheel on?
And the briefcase doesn't have mass. It's a simple object to reduce server performance impact, you don't want a bunch of tiny physics enabled objects being thrown around all over the place

Disabling collision with every object on the server is very performance heavy

J9HUNNA, Yuki Hayami and Fried Rice like this
1 hour ago, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

All your Y pools into one briefcase when you die, would you rather have it be some tiny prop that is hard to find and scroll wheel on?
And the briefcase doesn't have mass. It's a simple object to reduce server performance impact, you don't want a bunch of tiny physics enabled objects being thrown around all over the place

Yeah, there are things I dont know from a developer standpoint....thats for sure, thats ya'lls area of expertise.

But why make all my Y spill out all over the ground anyways?

1 hour ago, breezy said:

In my opinion it’s fine. I’ve fought people who block with berries and it’s actually easier to win then you think. I think people need to learn how to adapt and overcome. Everyone wants things easier 

Its not about easier, its about what makes sense. Getting killed because I struck a single berry on the ground at 150 KPH just doesnt make sense.

Can we change it back so we don't have to access each Briefcase individually? It used to be that you can see all Y inventory on the ground in a certain radius, which means you don't have to take longer to search through each individual case, or take 20+ minutes to move 50 briefcases that are blocking your path, like the tower stairs for example.

Fried Rice and Copa like this
4 hours ago, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

simulation*

6 hours ago, Kitsune Neko said:

Can we change it back so we don't have to access each Briefcase individually? It used to be that you can see all Y inventory on the ground in a certain radius, which means you don't have to take longer to search through each individual case, or take 20+ minutes to move 50 briefcases that are blocking your path, like the tower stairs for example.

Use Action 2

you’re welcome.

6 hours ago, pr0digyt said:

It doesn't work the way it used to. It's basically useless now.

6 hours ago, Hoodlum Priest said:

Exactly, and you cant spam pick up. it takes so long that while youre trying to clear brief cases youre getting domed in the head.

Weird, I haven’t had much issue with it except for the slight delay in the pick-up menu popping up.