Hopefully the permanent end of server lag

Azeh

12 minutes ago, Azeh said:

As most of you probably know, the update released near the end of October re-introduced the lovely server lag that existed for about 3.5 years prior to V2's release. Since the October update was released I've been trying to narrow down the issue. And well, around 18 hours ago while away from my PC I had an "Aha" moment. 

Basically, when you're in jail and not in a game of laser tag - your weapons will be removed. This check happens multiple times per frame, meaning the command to remove your weapons also gets executed multiple times per frame. The effects of this command get broadcasted over the network to everyone else too. Now when there's a lot of people on the server and potentially multiple people in jail and this network broadcasting happens so frequently, shit eventually hits the fan. Solution? Check if you have any weapons before attempting to remove them.

So essentially, this is the same issue that plagued V1 with server lag - and has finally been solved. It sucks that it took so long to find, but that's just how it is.

This also means that the remainder of the update (along with some additional bug fixes) is now live. That includes bounty hunting and medic. Honor talents and honor xp will likely be given back sometime next week when Jesse isn't busy (he's still quitting though). There's likely still some bugs, so please do report them. However I have exams starting in 6 days, so it's limited how much time I wanna spend on Asylum until I'm done with them which is in about 2 weeks.

Lastly, fuck you @Paratus🙂🖕

SHOULD HAVE JUST USED A EVENT HANDLER @Paratus DUMMY

Also it did this for medics too

Edited by Infamous [FULL SEND]
27 minutes ago, Azeh said:

As most of you probably know, the update released near the end of October re-introduced the lovely server lag that existed for about 3.5 years prior to V2's release. Since the October update was released I've been trying to narrow down the issue. And well, around 18 hours ago while away from my PC I had an "Aha" moment. 

Basically, when you're in jail and not in a game of laser tag - your weapons will be removed. This check happens multiple times per frame, meaning the command to remove your weapons also gets executed multiple times per frame. The effects of this command get broadcasted over the network to everyone else too. Now when there's a lot of people on the server and potentially multiple people in jail and this network broadcasting happens so frequently, shit eventually hits the fan. Solution? Make it check if you have any weapons before attempting to remove them.

So essentially, this is the same issue that plagued V1 with server lag - and has finally been solved. It sucks that it took so long to find, but that's just how it is.

This also means that the remainder of the update (along with some additional bug fixes) is now live. That includes bounty hunting and medic. Honor talents and honor xp will likely be given back sometime next week when Jesse isn't busy (he's still quitting though). There's likely still some bugs, so please do report them. However I have exams starting in 6 days, so it's limited how much time I wanna spend on Asylum until I'm done with them which is in about 2 weeks.

Lastly, fuck you @Paratus🙂🖕

Love you dad

8 hours ago, Azeh said:

Basically, when you're in jail and not in a game of laser tag - your weapons will be removed. This check happens multiple times per frame, meaning the command to remove your weapons also gets executed multiple times per frame. The effects of this command get broadcasted over the network to everyone else too. Now when there's a lot of people on the server and potentially multiple people in jail and this network broadcasting happens so frequently, shit eventually hits the fan. Solution? Make it check if you have any weapons before attempting to remove them.

Dear god

1 hour ago, Infamous [FULL SEND] said:

To still let the loop run just have it run every two seconds to stop the stress. also I understand that the whole script for the prison runs under one loop so just have another separate loop for the weapon check and run it every 2 seconds. So that you dont screw up the prison time lowering loop.

On 11/9/2019 at 11:49 PM, Azeh said:

Solution? Make it check if you have any weapons before attempting to remove them.