Jump to content
Azeh

Hopefully the permanent end of server lag

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Reformed epTic said:

 

To be fair we have no proof that Jessie was indeed a she.

wasnt there nudes floating around?

although there is no way to confirm they were hers...


 

at any rate @Azeh that's really fucking awesome that you were able to fix something that has been plaguing our community for years. It's a shame that it has taken this long to fix the problem but not something that was your fault. I'm sure the rest of the community agrees when I say that we are grateful for everything you have done and everything you are doing for us.

Edited by Sp0on
Gaskal and Lucien like this

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Sp0on said:

wasnt there nudes floating around?

although there is no way to confirm they were hers...


 

at any rate @Azeh that's really fucking awesome that you were able to fix something that has been plaguing our community for years. It's a shame that it has taken this long to fix the problem but not something that was your fault. I'm sure the rest of the community agrees when I say that we are grateful for everything you have done and everything you are doing for us.

I've heard of a few nudes, but never of Jessie...I'm just disappointed that nobody ever leaked nudes of Edge. He's probably got a massive fucking hog. 

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/9/2019 at 5:49 PM, Azeh said:

As most of you probably know, the update released near the end of October re-introduced the lovely server lag that existed for about 3.5 years prior to V2's release. Since the October update was released I've been trying to narrow down the issue. And well, around 18 hours ago while away from my PC I had an "Aha" moment. 

Basically, when you're in jail and not in a game of laser tag - your weapons will be removed. This check happens multiple times per frame, meaning the command to remove your weapons also gets executed multiple times per frame. The effects of this command get broadcasted over the network to everyone else too. Now when there's a lot of people on the server and potentially multiple people in jail and this network broadcasting happens so frequently, shit eventually hits the fan. Solution? Make it check if you have any weapons before attempting to remove them.

So essentially, this is the same issue that plagued V1 with server lag - and has finally been solved. It sucks that it took so long to find, but that's just how it is.

This also means that the remainder of the update (along with some additional bug fixes) is now live. That includes bounty hunting and medic. Honor talents and honor xp will likely be given back sometime next week when Jesse isn't busy (he's still quitting though). There's likely still some bugs, so please do report them. However I have exams starting in 6 days, so it's limited how much time I wanna spend on Asylum until I'm done with them which is in about 2 weeks.

Lastly, fuck you @Paratus🙂🖕

Are you fucking shitting me @azeh

4? years and thats what it fucking was?

@gnashes you fat fucking turd. "its bohemia not us, every server has this problem, complain to them"  Useless fucking sausaged fingered fuck. 

Couple questions i have though,
1. As far as im aware, the old progressively worse lag till everyone gets a yellowchain came back the day of the last patch that gave us bounty hunter.. was the coding re entered there? 
2. I thought all the coding was rewritten for V2?  wouldn't this have been solved?

i know shit all about coding, genuine curiosity. 

Gnashes i hope you get diabetes. 

Good work, long pointless chapter closed, to the future :D

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, DS_Billy said:

Are you fucking shitting me @azeh

4? years and thats what it fucking was?

@gnashes you fat fucking turd. "its bohemia not us, every server has this problem, complain to them"  Useless fucking sausaged fingered fuck. 

Couple questions i have though,
1. As far as im aware, the old progressively worse lag till everyone gets a yellowchain came back the day of the last patch that gave us bounty hunter.. was the coding re entered there? 
2. I thought all the coding was rewritten for V2?  wouldn't this have been solved?

i know shit all about coding, genuine curiosity. 

Gnashes i hope you get diabetes. 

Good work, long pointless chapter closed, to the future :D

A bit toxic ngl.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, DS_Billy said:

Are you fucking shitting me @azeh

4? years and thats what it fucking was?

@gnashes you fat fucking turd. "its bohemia not us, every server has this problem, complain to them"  Useless fucking sausaged fingered fuck. 

Couple questions i have though,
1. As far as im aware, the old progressively worse lag till everyone gets a yellowchain came back the day of the last patch that gave us bounty hunter.. was the coding re entered there? 
2. I thought all the coding was rewritten for V2?  wouldn't this have been solved?

i know shit all about coding, genuine curiosity. 

Gnashes i hope you get diabetes. 

Good work, long pointless chapter closed, to the future :D

I doubt that it's being rewritten.  What they are doing/did was reuse the initial life frame work and then would read over the code for the previously used scripts and would decide to redo it, touch it up or leave as is before adding back to the mission.  So they probably just left the jail/laser tag script the same. 

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, DS_Billy said:

1. As far as im aware, the old progressively worse lag till everyone gets a yellowchain came back the day of the last patch that gave us bounty hunter.. was the coding re entered there? 
2. I thought all the coding was rewritten for V2?  wouldn't this have been solved?

1. Yes.
2. Some things get rewritten, everything else gets refactored. The former is a lot more time consuming as you have to re-think the approach, take exploits into account, spend more time testing/fixing etc. It was one line of code that caused the lag issue, the fix was to add a few words/characters. I had read said line multiple times, but the realization came randomly.

BlackShot likes this

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Azeh said:

1. Yes.
2. Some things get rewritten, everything else gets refactored. The former is a lot more time consuming as you have to re-think the approach, take exploits into account, spend more time testing/fixing etc. It was one line of code that caused the lag issue, the fix was to add a few words/characters. I had read said line multiple times, but the realization came randomly.

gotchya. good work. one line of code for 4 years of crashes.

Destrah, Lucien and Copa like this

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...