It's been years of this shit.

I just want to fight other rebels at the cartels and cops. Instead what I get is getting suicide vested (fair enough, you have to get within melee distance so good on you I suppose), and then when I respawn at Therisa so I can re-gear so I can redeem myself for my lost gear/ ifrit I get immediately downed by one of the billion bounty hunters before I can get a debit card. This game was never more fun than when bounty hunters camped towns by pulling idle vehicles on top of all vehicle spawn zones and waiting, or more fun than when they come en-masse to cartel zones.

If you're trying to encourage rebels like my gang to stop playing the server, you're doing a damn fine job.

Edited by pr0digyt
3 minutes ago, pr0digyt said:

I just want to fight other rebels at the cartels and cops. Instead what I get is getting suicide vested (fair enough, you have to get within melee distance so good on you I suppose), and then when I respawn at Therisa so I can re-gear so I can redeem myself for my lost gear/ ifrit I get immediately downed by one of the billion bounty hunters before I can get a debit card. This game was never more fun than when bounty hunters camped towns by pulling idle vehicles on top of all vehicle spawn zones and waiting, or more fun than when they come en-masse to cartel zones.

If you're trying to encourage rebels like my gang to stop playing the server, you're doing a damn fine job.

You guys have it coming when all you do is cartels and nothing else.  It ruins the server when people are fighting in an isolated area where they are free from any risk from outside sources like rebels who don't give a fuck about cartels, cops and bounty hunters.  You guys just want catered to for your wannabe esports that literally nobody else gives a fuck about and cry anytime anyone interrupts your fighting.

10 hours ago, Sheriff Rick said:

You guys have it coming when all you do is cartels and nothing else.  It ruins the server when people are fighting in an isolated area where they are free from any risk from outside sources like rebels who don't give a fuck about cartels, cops and bounty hunters.  You guys just want catered to for your wannabe esports that literally nobody else gives a fuck about and cry anytime anyone interrupts your fighting.

Okk but Once big gangs stopped playing the server died bruvv

1 hour ago, Steve said:

This hand holding asked for from the newer breed of rebels is so cringe. 

xd newer breed of rebels, the new breed of people on the server dont even fight, they bounty hunt you in therisa so they have no competition, theyd rather the server have 0 gangs so they can own everything. Sad days 😞

pr0digyt likes this
18 hours ago, pr0digyt said:

uhhh you dont have to be within melee distance to kill someone with a sui

pr0digyt likes this
3 hours ago, Steve said:

For the love of god just get a gang house. There is also 6 rebel outposts now. So before you complain about that, you really can't. Even with a full server of 120/120 it should not be a problem. If you are too poor to get a gang house, that is also on you and no one else. This hand holding asked for from the newer breed of rebels is so cringe. When fighting cartels, you should assume that people are gonna camp donor for your gang members bounties, and if you don't well then tough shit.

I know it in my bones with out even checking what house your gang owns that you guys couldn't be bothered with investing the time or the money to find a decent gang house and for that reason you suffer the consequences of getting bounty hunted in donor like every other person who whines and complains about it. If you put shit in, you get shit out. Is it ratty for them to do that? Yes, but it's part of the game.

Our gang houses/bank got wiped since we last played.  I offered the same complaints when we did have decent houses.

See, I could contest the fact that we could be considered "new breed of rebels", but I have a much better refutation of your garbage. It's *bad game design* to say "fuck the new players, the old players have endured terrible gameplay for years and you have to suffer too". Because that's what this shit is: it's gameplay. And it's terrible. You also don't get to absolve yourself of responsibility for shit gameplay by saying "it's just a mod". You acknowledge it's shit and then you may say "it would take too much work to fix it". But you don't put glitter on your turd and pretend you're holding the crown jewels. Jesus, we might as well just go back to 2014 and start camping Bambis in DayZ. It's toxic, it's not fun, so stop defending it.

TLDR; I complain "this part of the game is shit" and you respond with "it's part of the game". No shit sherlock, I said that. It shouldn't be.

15 minutes ago, Chesra said:

uhhh you dont have to be within melee distance to kill someone with a sui

<Within a reasonably close distance>
Also the money cost and high risk you won't deal any real dmg with it

Just now, GO7NEY said:

I am presuming that since you wrote everyone else a big paragraph but replied to me with a meme means that I am right? :pepe_48x48:

You've read it backwards. The other people had views worthy of being entertained. Yours was literally the embodiment of a termed logical fallacy, a "Straw Man". The response to you stands out because of how stupid your post was.

16 hours ago, cHIP oTLE said:

Wait, is this kid in Recursion V2 or SIN??  The gang that has 3 or 4 bounty hunters tagging along to cartels... like wHaT?!?!?

Yh wants to cry on the forums when we got him in donor but it was bh's vs bh's so like ;/

Edited by Toxicc
9 hours ago, pr0digyt said:

Our gang houses/bank got wiped since we last played.  I offered the same complaints when we did have decent houses.

See, I could contest the fact that we could be considered "new breed of rebels", but I have a much better refutation of your garbage. It's *bad game design* to say "fuck the new players, the old players have endured terrible gameplay for years and you have to suffer too". Because that's what this shit is: it's gameplay. And it's terrible. You also don't get to absolve yourself of responsibility for shit gameplay by saying "it's just a mod". You acknowledge it's shit and then you may say "it would take too much work to fix it". But you don't put glitter on your turd and pretend you're holding the crown jewels. Jesus, we might as well just go back to 2014 and start camping Bambis in DayZ. It's toxic, it's not fun, so stop defending it.

TLDR; I complain "this part of the game is shit" and you respond with "it's part of the game". No shit sherlock, I said that. It shouldn't be.

<Within a reasonably close distance>
Also the money cost and high risk you won't deal any real dmg with it

Lets take a step back my guy.

I'm a career rebel, always have been and always will be. That being said with 80 percent of the issues that have/will arise I will more then likely be on the same side as you in regards to my opinion on a given issue. However, this is not a even an issue within the game. This is an issue within the mentality of the players. If you are a fighting cartels, don't spawn donor. In every single gang that I had a leadership position in, I discouraged the gang not to go to donor for obvious reasons. The point I'm trying to get across here is that you can avoid the problem of players camping donor if you simply don't spawn in donor.

Yes, this will take you 5-7 minutes longer to get back to the fight(I have timed it on more then one occasion) based on your gang house location and what rebel you go to, but by that same token you don't run nearly the same amount of risk running into a bounty hunter or cops. So instead of basically being impatient as fuck about getting back to the fight within 10 minutes you could take the extra step to be careful, and in turn not get your whole gang arrested. @Nomadox @Fudger I've played quite a bit with these 2 kats. We didn't always agree on everything but I'm sure if that they agree with me that 95 percent of the time "I said don't spawn donor", it had a damn good reason behind it. I guarantee you with absolute certainty that if you get a good gang house at a different rebel you will have a much more stress free experience in game. That being said, I speak solely from my own experience and nothing else.

In addition, this whole "bounty hunters shouldn't camp donor" ordeal (which is really what this comes down too lets be honest) is an ideology that seems to exclusively be followed by people who log on to fight cartels and log off. For that reason and that reason alone, you make up a small population within the community that likely has a low play time compared to the rest of the community. Don't get me wrong here, I love fighting cartels and I have since I first started fighting back in 2014/2015.  I want this community to keep growing as it has been in the past few weeks and even the past few months. Catering to your desires in this thread is not the right move.

Edit: Get a new gang house and play enough for it not to get removed. I think that is pretty straight forward.

TLDR: I don't write TLDR's for people who can't take less then a minute to read through 3 short paragraphs.

Fried Rice, Ghouh and FudgeR like this
12 hours ago, Steve said:

So instead of basically being impatient as fuck about getting back to the fight within 10 minutes you could take the extra step to be careful, and in turn not get your whole gang arrested.

I guarantee you with absolute certainty that if you get a good gang house at a different rebel you will have a much more stress free experience in game. 

In addition, this whole "bounty hunters shouldn't camp donor" ordeal (which is really what this comes down too lets be honest) is an ideology that seems to exclusively be followed by people who log on to fight cartels and log off. For that reason and that reason alone, you make up a small population within the community that likely has a low play time compared to the rest of the community. Don't get me wrong here, I love fighting cartels and I have since I first started fighting back in 2014/2015.  I want this community to keep growing as it has been in the past few weeks and even the past few months. Catering to your desires in this thread is not the right move.

Edit: Get a new gang house and play enough for it not to get removed. I think that is pretty straight forward.

TLDR: I don't write TLDR's for people who can't take less then a minute to read through 3 short paragraphs.

By paragraph:

1) Cartel caps last 20 minutes, less if it wasn’t capped to completion or if there is more than one gang fighting over it at the same time or if a myriad of other possible extenuating circumstances occur. If you fail to wipe defenders on your first push and you don’t want to wait 30 minutes AFTER the 20 minutes completion for the cool down to recede, you’re required to be “impatient as fuck about getting back to the fight within 10 minutes”. This problem is exacerbated by terrible cartel locations that encourage you to double down on particular areas. (OG Drug, North Wong’s). Nobody wants to get wiped attacking Church Arms, not have enough time to be making a competent push at Church, and instead rat the gang at Church by giving up the fight early and starting a cap on Tower Drug. Nobody can afford to take too long getting back to a reasonable fight at a decent cartel if the alternative is North Wongs because it’s a shit cartel that’s light years away from everything else on the map. 

2) Been there, done that, it’s a band-aid for aids gameplay. It’s more feasible now that rebel life is essentially dead, but there is a point at which this bandaid eventually stops working in the future because real estate is finite.

3) Idk who you’re comparing playtime to, maybe it’s Rodrigo or someone who would play through their children’s birth, but my playtime is most certainly not dwarfed to any reasonable “rest of the community”.

4) How coincidental that “this whole ‘bounty hunters shouldn't camp donor‘ ordeal... seems to exclusively be followed by people who log on to fight cartels“ AND Therisa is the town closest to 5/6 Cartels and is very much the only town within a reasonable distance of one. Wonder if we should read into this. No, that would be too nuanced. Let’s just blame the players’ mentality.

The point is Bounty Hunters make playing rebel less fun, when it should be making it more fun by adding diversity. We can argue about the specifics of what is causing that lack of fun, but I won’t accept a “just learn to deal with it” mentality and I won’t accept that somehow I’m deluded and that it really is fun! That’s not how we improve products and it’s not how we’ll improve the server.

TLDR; I think unfortunately you overestimate the internet’s literacy and willingness to read

Edited by pr0digyt
1 hour ago, pr0digyt said:

By paragraph:

1) Cartel caps last 20 minutes, less if it wasn’t capped to completion or if there is more than one gang fighting over it at the same time or if a myriad of other possible extenuating circumstances occur. If you fail to wipe defenders on your first push and you don’t want to wait 30 minutes AFTER the 20 minutes completion for the cool down to recede, you’re required to be “impatient as fuck about getting back to the fight within 10 minutes”. This problem is exacerbated by terrible cartel locations that encourage you to double down on particular areas. (OG Drug, North Wong’s). Nobody wants to get wiped attacking Church Arms, not have enough time to be making a competent push at Church, and instead rat the gang at Church by giving up the fight early and starting a cap on Tower Drug. Nobody can afford to take too long getting back to a reasonable fight at a decent cartel if the alternative is North Wongs because it’s a shit cartel that’s light years away from everything else on the map. 

2) Been there, done that, it’s a band-aid for aids gameplay. It’s more feasible now that rebel life is essentially dead, but there is a point at which this bandaid eventually stops working in the future because real estate is finite.

3) Idk who you’re comparing playtime to, maybe it’s Rodrigo or someone who would play through their children’s birth, but my playtime is most certainly not dwarfed to any reasonable “rest of the community”.

4) How coincidental that “this whole ‘bounty hunters shouldn't camp donor‘ ordeal... seems to exclusively be followed by people who log on to fight cartels“ AND Therisa is the town closest to 5/6 Cartels and is very much the only town within a reasonable distance of one. Wonder if we should read into this. No, that would be too nuanced. Let’s just blame the players’ mentality.

The point is Bounty Hunters make playing rebel less fun, when it should be making it more fun by adding diversity. We can argue about the specifics of what is causing that lack of fun, but I won’t accept a “just learn to deal with it” mentality and I won’t accept that somehow I’m deluded and that it really is fun! That’s not how we improve products and it’s not how we’ll improve the server.

TLDR; I think unfortunately you overestimate the internet’s literacy and willingness to read

You might say that my opinion is swayed because I am an Admin. You haven't yet, I am simply anticipating that. However I had these opinions long before I was ever considered for being staff.

I learned to deal with it, why can't you? I kicked at least a handful of people from the gangs I've lead for spawning in donor when I deliberately told them not to and then they got arrested. I don't even personally like bounty hunting, nor do I typically roll with people who are bounty hunting. Even then I would still want bounty hunting to (for the most part) remain as is. Now, pertaining to the ability for you to return to the fight fast enough. If you are fighting a gang, that wants the cap and wants to fight you they will stay there. If they just want the cap then they will leave. Here is what I would do. Your gang is gang A and they are B.

A attacks B > B wipes A > A doesn't get back to the fight in time so B leaves.

Go take another cartel or expect them to take another one of yours. Alternatively go hunt them down for bitching out on the second fight.

I think part of what this comes down too, is that I find some fun in all of that and maybe you don't. Something worth considering, what if all 6 rebels ended up being camped by bounty hunters? Does the problem then become bounty hunters camping rebel? Or is the problem then just bounty hunters? I personally believe it is crucial to take situations into your own hands as well, I got satisfaction out of saving my friends from the odd bounty hunter camping a rebel. Remember now, most of the time I would agree with you just based on the principle that we likely many of the same opinions regarding rebel life. So when I essentially "say just deal with it," that is because I was able to deal with it, and I taught my gang(s) how to deal with it, I hope you can open your mind up to new possibilities and ways you can deal with it. I recognize that you don't have fun in getting arrested, but that bounty hunter does get a lot of fun in arresting you. As much as a scumbag as he is and I would kill him every chance I get, how can you justify taking his fun away?

thero and Donald like this
On 11/15/2019 at 12:29 PM, Stratego said:

xd newer breed of rebels, the new breed of people on the server dont even fight, they bounty hunt you in therisa so they have no competition, theyd rather the server have 0 gangs so they can own everything. Sad days 😞

He is talking about you and your gang being the new breed of rebels you retard. While you may say that you've been here for X amount of years, you're still on the same skill level as the "newer breed" of rebels. The problem isn't the bounty hunters, its you STILL being terrible at the game. There are SIX rebel outposts and hundreds of houses near them, literally spawn anywhere else other than Therisa and your problem is solved. Or you could just win a cartel fight and not have to respawn but hey we all know thats out of reach for the skill level of you and your gang

Toxicc, K1NG, Good Lub and 2 others like this
14 minutes ago, thero said:

He is talking about you and your gang being the new breed of rebels you retard. While you may say that you've been here for X amount of years, you're still on the same skill level as the "newer breed" of rebels. The problem isn't the bounty hunters, its you STILL being terrible at the game. There are SIX rebel outposts and hundreds of houses near them, literally spawn anywhere else other than Therisa and your problem is solved. Or you could just win a cartel fight and not have to respawn but hey we all know thats out of reach for the skill level of you and your gang

Imagine not playing on the server but still shit posting the forums, hate to see that.