It's been years of this shit.

11 minutes ago, Stratego said:

Everybody not in your gang is considered bad so whats the point? Anybody can claim that they are good at the game. Keep lying to yourself though partner!!!!

i could come back after 4 months of not playing, cut off all of my fingers, play with a STEERING WHEEL, and turn my monitor off and still be better than you

Edited by thero
Good Lub, Space and Rodrigo like this
3 hours ago, Steve said:

You might say that my opinion is swayed because I am an Admin. You haven't yet, I am simply anticipating that. However I had these opinions long before I was ever considered for being staff.

I learned to deal with it, why can't you? I kicked at least a handful of people from the gangs I've lead for spawning in donor when I deliberately told them not to and then they got arrested. I don't even personally like bounty hunting, nor do I typically roll with people who are bounty hunting. Even then I would still want bounty hunting to (for the most part) remain as is. Now, pertaining to the ability for you to return to the fight fast enough. If you are fighting a gang, that wants the cap and wants to fight you they will stay there. If they just want the cap then they will leave. Here is what I would do. Your gang is gang A and they are B.

A attacks B > B wipes A > A doesn't get back to the fight in time so B leaves.

Go take another cartel or expect them to take another one of yours. Alternatively go hunt them down for bitching out on the second fight.

I think part of what this comes down too, is that I find some fun in all of that and maybe you don't. Something worth considering, what if all 6 rebels ended up being camped by bounty hunters? Does the problem then become bounty hunters camping rebel? Or is the problem then just bounty hunters? I personally believe it is crucial to take situations into your own hands as well, I got satisfaction out of saving my friends from the odd bounty hunter camping a rebel. Remember now, most of the time I would agree with you just based on the principle that we likely many of the same opinions regarding rebel life. So when I essentially "say just deal with it," that is because I was able to deal with it, and I taught my gang(s) how to deal with it, I hope you can open your mind up to new possibilities and ways you can deal with it. I recognize that you don't have fun in getting arrested, but that bounty hunter does get a lot of fun in arresting you. As much as a scumbag as he is and I would kill him every chance I get, how can you justify taking his fun away?

In all my years of philosophy, I have never been granted such a perfect, self-demonstrating, cookie-cutter instance of a straw man fallacy. You LITERALLY invented a new position (you’re an admin, therefore x,y,z) and then proceeded to attack it without any input from myself at all. Admin or no admin, people can be mislead.

Ping ponging around to different cartels instead of concentrating the location results in a LOT of downtime. Starting a new cap while someone is finishing the first one is not only ratty, but it means you're sitting there doing additional waiting while they finish and they’re sitting there waiting for the timer so they can leave and push you. Funnily enough, it cuts into their time to push as well which causes you to screw around again with travel time and starting another cartel. There’s enough ghost capping as is. 

waiiiiiiit, are you about to argue that rebel camping is also good gameplay? Whaaaaaaaaat. 

There’s a crucial distinction between “just deal with it” and “counter the enemy’”. Games allow players to commit to actions that penalize their opponents save for if their opponents recognize what’s going on and have an appropriate means of countering it. Good games make that countering fun. There is nothing fun about choosing another spawn zone or playing running simulator on foot or in a vehicle so that you can get gear to BEGIN to fight back. Bad games allow players to commit to actions that penalize their opponents save for if the opponents recognize what’s going on and have to do unpleasant and time consuming actions in response. Notice how I didn’t complain about rebels camping Therisa. It’s because that shit isn’t an expensive loss. I die, sure I lose 30s-1min. But I just pick another spawn point. If it’s a BH, I lose 10 minutes. That. Shit. Is. Stupid. It’s not proportionate. Games BAN leavers in matchmaking for 10 minutes. They don’t do that shit as a result of gameplay. It would kill the game if they did. Now imagine you have a particularly toxic bounty hunter who takes a minute or two to put you on a boat and push you out into the ocean. Now you’re looking at a choice: 10 minutes and suicide, or 20 minutes to DC, swim to surface, and someone else’s time to pick you up.

”As much as a scum bag as he is, how can you justify taking his fun away?” The fact that this remains a question for you is alarming. I justify taking his fun away with the fact that he’s being a scumbag. It’s fucking self-evident. Imagine trying to discourage toxic behaviour in your game... unthinkable.

Edited by pr0digyt
7 hours ago, pr0digyt said:

”As much as a scum bag as he is, how can you justify taking his fun away?” The fact that this remains a question for you is alarming. I justify taking his fun away with the fact that he’s being a scumbag. It’s fucking self-evident. Imagine trying to discourage toxic behaviour in your game... unthinkable.

Asylum has always had lax rules bro, where have you been?

Just now, pr0digyt said:

Maybe that has something to do with why its community is so toxic.

If Asylum didn't have a fairly relaxed set of rules like it does, I personally would have left the community a long time ago as would others. It isn't meant to be a daycare. People are legitimately attracted to the play style that can entail. There is little need to worry about breaking a rule when playing, unlike other life servers you will find things are very strict and some rules just plainly restrict fun because people get butt hurt. Take matters into your own hands.

Good Lub likes this
Just now, Steve said:

If Asylum didn't have a fairly relaxed set of rules like it does, I personally would have left the community a long time ago as would others. It isn't meant to be a daycare. People are legitimately attracted to the play style that can entail. There is little need to worry about breaking a rule when playing, unlike other life servers you will find things are very strict and some rules just plainly restrict fun because people get butt hurt. Take matters into your own hands.

I feel like you're not connecting the dots I'm laying out. I literally just implied that the people attracted to that "playstyle" are toxic. Shit isn't a dichotomy between North Korean rules and no rules at all.

Just now, pr0digyt said:

I feel like you're not connecting the dots I'm laying out. I literally just implied that the people attracted to that "playstyle" are toxic. Shit isn't a dichotomy between North Korean rules and no rules at all.

I think the rules are pretty much fine where they are. Most of the community would agree with that.

2 minutes ago, pr0digyt said:

I would also like to add that you are complaining about something that makes up (I would say) 1/5 of the game at the most when for there to be a rule change regarding it, it could negatively impact the entire game. You are in a very niche clique of people with similar game play styles. And while we are at it, lets not pretend like you haven't been toxic.

25 minutes ago, Steve said:

I think the rules are pretty much fine where they are. Most of the community would agree with that.

I would also like to add that you are complaining about something that makes up (I would say) 1/5 of the game at the most when for there to be a rule change regarding it, it could negatively impact the entire game. You are in a very niche clique of people with similar game play styles. And while we are at it, lets not pretend like you haven't been toxic.

Remind me what I've done in the game to be toxic. I don't sui-vest, I don't bounty hunt, I don't camp, I don't kill people indiscriminately and am generally friendly, I don't rat, I don't pussy out of fights, I generally stay out of side, I actually RP (shocker), I ecnourage fair fights... I could continue to list but my point should be made. You can accuse me of being in a niche, but you can't accuse me of being toxic.

Remind me additionally where I suggested a rule change that you seem intent on harping upon. There is more than one way to discourage bad gameplay; to think otherwise is to lack creativity.

Edited by pr0digyt
19 minutes ago, pr0digyt said:

Remind me what I've done in the game to be toxic. I don't sui-vest, I don't bounty hunt, I don't camp, I don't kill people indiscriminately and am generally friendly, I don't rat, I don't pussy out of fights, I generally stay out of side, I actually RP (shocker), I ecnourage fair fights... I could continue to list but my point should be made. You can accuse me of being in a niche, but you can't accuse me of being toxic.

Remind me additionally where I suggested a rule change that you seem intent on harping upon. There is more than one way to discourage bad gameplay; to think otherwise is to lack creativity.

I would imagine you either want bounty hunting to be removed or you want it to be against the rules to camp Theresa.

6 hours ago, pr0digyt said:

If you don’t like the way the server is, play another one. Go play koth or another game. Why are you making a post in the first place other to complain? You are saying that you never suggested a rule change, so what do you want? Clearly you care about the server or you wouldn’t spend so much time replying to this thread.

thero likes this
11 hours ago, pr0digyt said:

Is there a day when you don’t complain constantly 

Masonn likes this
9 minutes ago, Master27411 said:

Is there a day when you don’t complain constantly 

No. I am a perfect example of the disagreeable personality trait in action.

1 hour ago, Rodrigo said:

What about my playtime? Tried to understand why im being brought up here

You're one of the only cops that can hit a shot past 10 metres so we started paying attention to whether or not you were online when we started banks, which led us to realizing you're at every bank we do, which makes it look like you never log off. Ergo, your playtime sort of became a meme

Rodrigo likes this
11 minutes ago, pr0digyt said:

You're one of the only cops that can hit a shot past 10 metres so we started paying attention to whether or not you were online when we started banks, which led us to realizing you're at every bank we do, which makes it look like you never log off. Ergo, your playtime sort of became a meme

Hahaha oh I see. No worries my playtime has been a meme before so all good.

pr0digyt likes this
On 11/14/2019 at 8:41 PM, Sheriff Rick said:

You guys have it coming when all you do is cartels and nothing else.  It ruins the server when people are fighting in an isolated area where they are free from any risk from outside sources like rebels who don't give a fuck about cartels, cops and bounty hunters.  You guys just want catered to for your wannabe esports that literally nobody else gives a fuck about and cry anytime anyone interrupts your fighting.

Oh my god, did I just agree with this guy?

On 11/17/2019 at 3:18 PM, Rodrigo said:

Hahaha oh I see. No worries my playtime has been a meme before so all good.

When I have sniped you off 1st ATM I save the clip and log off calling it a win for the day. A montage will follow.

Rodrigo likes this