Remove the option for Lethals

7 hours ago, Leady said:

Something that has been suggested many times is removing the pay out/bounty clear for lethals. I would be interested to see how that plays out. Could go along way to reducing their use.

It shouldn't clear your bounty. This way, it would encourage the police to think "Do we really need to make sure this person is out of the fight, so we can restrain the remaining people? We will have to go and find them again another time." instead of "We can just lethal everyone and not have to deal with their bounty anymore."

I personally support the idea of lethals not clearing bounties and cops not getting paid. This is however, the long term solution. I do have a short term one.

If officers and abusing lethals file a report here. Please continue to read prior to complaining that all reports are no action taken. If officers are lethaling as soon as they get on scene you need to show that is what happened. Show video prior to cops arriving on scene and the first thing they do is lethal someone. While there could be a valid reason (you just went from a bank to a prison and they know how many of you there are) this is what we need to see to understand what is going on. Simply telling us "they lethaled two people, you can see it in chat" is not enough evidence. For all I know those people were in unreachable locations.

This evidence requirement is not meant as a slight against the reporter. In fact the requirement is the same for all members of the community regardless of their status with the exception of senior APD staff. Even then we need to have video for certain violations. For minor infractions of the guidebook the higher up witnessed without video, they are required to write a detailed account of what happened.

We understand there are people in the APD who do not follow the guidebook, but we need sufficient evidence of these situations issue disciplinary action.

Fried Rice likes this
On 11/16/2019 at 5:29 PM, NotMike said:

Hey Im down for that too.

maybe you shouldn't shoot from benches of a hummingbird and you won't get lethaled. Just because you can't hit one shot doesn't mean we should be nerfed because of it

1 hour ago, bbgreg17 said:

I personally support the idea of lethals not clearing bounties and cops not getting paid. This is however, the long term solution. I do have a short term one.

If officers and abusing lethals file a report here. Please continue to read prior to complaining that all reports are no action taken. If officers are lethaling as soon as they get on scene you need to show that is what happened. Show video prior to cops arriving on scene and the first thing they do is lethal someone. While there could be a valid reason (you just went from a bank to a prison and they know how many of you there are) this is what we need to see to understand what is going on. Simply telling us "they lethaled two people, you can see it in chat" is not enough evidence. For all I know those people were in unreachable locations.

This evidence requirement is not meant as a slight against the reporter. In fact the requirement is the same for all members of the community regardless of their status with the exception of senior APD staff. Even then we need to have video for certain violations. For minor infractions of the guidebook the higher up witnessed without video, they are required to write a detailed account of what happened.

We understand there are people in the APD who do not follow the guidebook, but we need sufficient evidence of these situations issue disciplinary action.

tbh everyone on the server these days has lots of money, so we don't care about the payout. Most of these kids post on the forums after getting shot once because they shoot from heli benches and expect to be downed

5 hours ago, Master27411 said:

maybe you shouldn't shoot from benches of a hummingbird and you won't get lethaled. Just because you can't hit one shot doesn't mean we should be nerfed because of it

tbh everyone on the server these days has lots of money, so we don't care about the payout. Most of these kids post on the forums after getting shot once because they shoot from heli benches and expect to be downed

I dont do that, I get lethaled when Im standing in athira by cops that flew into athira tracking my 25k bounty on their second wave. 

This is pathetic. If you dont want to risk getting lethald, dont do the fucking crime. Its apart of the server, you will be lethal'd. The standards for lethals are not equal among cops. Some Sergeants + go lethals more than others, some groups of cops vote on lethals more than others. It all depends, but, dont complain when it happens to you as it is apart of the server. If you dont like being lethaled in a given situation, then try to get better at the game so you wont be. l

Edited by Dick Romney
Bherky likes this

All I know is an unnamed LT was literally *yelling* at me for not lethalling at a fed,  watching the kill chat for my downings. I had gotten the gates opened and was downing 2+ guys each life I had and was successfully restraining them. They did *eventually* lockpick out because the rest of the force was horribly, horribly uncoordinated but it legitimately shook me that shit has gotten so bad that the LTs can’t be trusted to be the voice of reason anymore. I expect it from constables but damn. We were WINNING, every gate was compromised, several were restrained, and they wanted to lethal.

Bherky likes this
1 hour ago, pr0digyt said:

All I know is an unnamed LT was literally *yelling* at me for not lethalling at a fed,  watching the kill chat for my downings. I had gotten the gates opened and was downing 2+ guys each life I had and was successfully restraining them. They did *eventually* lockpick out because the rest of the force was horribly, horribly uncoordinated but it legitimately shook me that shit has gotten so bad that the LTs can’t be trusted to be the voice of reason anymore. I expect it from constables but damn. We were WINNING, every gate was compromised, several were restrained, and they wanted to lethal.

They are trying take out a couple of people till everything is under control. It doesn’t matter if you get a bunch of people restrained. One person can wipe out a ton of cops. 2 of us mowed down like 5 or 6 cops that had our boys in restraints and we got away. Plus you guys have to respawn; whereas, rebels have a good chance to get revives off once cops are wiped, so you can lose ground really quick

Edited by Master27411
Ryan2150 likes this

I haven't read anyone comments so don't flame me for it. 

Lethals are sort of abused I agree, and its frustrating when a higherup or everyone agrees on the use of lethals because it ruins the gameplay as a cop even. 

I think lethals should be only used mainly for unreachable suspect (roofs, car gunners, etc) but should not be used on people simply do to being "outnumbered" in a fight of 3v6. If there are only 2 cops, and 8+ then lethals are understandable. 

The only time other than those listed above, lethals seem viable for example during a prison break, lethaling one of the people in the front deerstands (if there are people in both deerstands) to allow entry to take the other deerstand out with non lethals. But then again the use of flashbangs and smoke grenades are not utilized. (side note: using a shit ton of smokes during a prison break is very effective.)

All in all, lethals should be strictly used on rare occasions.

Edited by eRr0r : n0 UnIT
11 hours ago, eRr0r : n0 UnIT said:

I haven't read anyone comments so don't flame me for it. 

Lethals are sort of abused I agree, and its frustrating when a higherup or everyone agrees on the use of lethals because it ruins the gameplay as a cop even. 

I think lethals should be only used mainly for unreachable suspect (roofs, car gunners, etc) but should not be used on people simply do to being "outnumbered" in a fight of 3v6. If there are only 2 cops, and 8+ then lethals are understandable. 

The only time other than those listed above, lethals seem viable for example during a prison break, lethaling one of the people in the front deerstands (if there are people in both deerstands) to allow entry to take the other deerstand out with non lethals. But then again the use of flashbangs and smoke grenades are not utilized. (side note: using a shit ton of smokes during a prison break is very effective.)

All in all, lethals should be strictly used on rare occasions.

I mean no point in downing someone you would die trying to restrain in a 3v6. The point of lethals is to get someone out of a fight when it’s unreasonable to restrain them.

I think it should be the cops discretion if who they are fighting is using lethal force. If You are shooting at me with a 7.62 and all I have is an MX, then I should be able to load lethals. It only makes sense to match lethal force with lethal force. If I kill you though, you shouldnt lose your bounty and the cop should get no money for it. 

Bounties should only be paid on living prisoners. 

If I load lethals, I lose out on the option to capture and get the bounty. If I want the bounty, I have to risk using downing rounds and get to you to restrain you without getting killed myself.

Doing it this way dismisses all the issues regarding the grey areas of when using lethals or not should or shouldnt be approved. If youre robbing fed and shooting it out with cops, getting lethaled should be expected.

Rhetoric likes this
On 11/20/2019 at 12:55 PM, Hoodlum Priest said:

I think it should be the cops discretion if who they are fighting is using lethal force. If You are shooting at me with a 7.62 and all I have is an MX, then I should be able to load lethals. It only makes sense to match lethal force with lethal force. If I kill you though, you shouldnt lose your bounty and the cop should get no money for it. 

Bounties should only be paid on living prisoners. 

If I load lethals, I lose out on the option to capture and get the bounty. If I want the bounty, I have to risk using downing rounds and get to you to restrain you without getting killed myself.

Doing it this way dismisses all the issues regarding the grey areas of when using lethals or not should or shouldnt be approved. If youre robbing fed and shooting it out with cops, getting lethaled should be expected.

I disagree... If im going to lose my 30k load at least give me my pardon.... 

Masonn and NotMike like this