Well, it's my first day...

Hello all,

I'd like to start this by thanking the people who steered asylum before me. Between @Clint Beastwood, @Jesse, and @BaDaBiNg_10-8 they truly made this dream possible for all of us. It was not long ago that all of us were worried about the existence of Asylum. Now I believe that we are doing great, with room left to improve. 

Since I was approached about this opportunity and accepted their offer. I have been thinking of what I wanted to say. I was only able to come to a simple conclusion. Talk is cheap, don't talk about it, be about it. 

In early 2015, I never would have imagined that I would be anywhere close to the spot that I am today. At heart I am still a troll from Kavala. Long live the resistance...!

Moving on-

With a server that is performing this well. I think we are all ready for some much needed content additions. I have been talking with the development team about plans to bring just that. I am confident that these plans will be something that everyone enjoys in once aspect or another. Some of my initial plans include.

• Swat
  • Player Owned Shops
  • Marshal law
  • Civ Drug houses (think drug dealer)
  • Money making seasons (Increased sell price for X product. Legal and illegal)
  • A return of player to player sales of goods and weapons
  • Stats page 
  • Actual reasons to war, war kills, war points etc.

It should be noted that these cannot be done at the snap of a finger and will require some hard work and dedication by our development staff. But I wanted you to be aware of these ideas. It is my hope that you guys can provide feedback and ideas of your own. 

Now the tough topic. Donations and server sustainability.

With me being a fresh new owner. I am starting from scratch. At the end of the month, there will be server cost that will need to be covered. In the coming days, I intend to rework some of the rewards for donating to ensure we are able to meet these needs. I also believe that a way to show my appreciation for your continued support, I want to run a sale on keys. More information will come on that when the sale is started. If you do choose to make a donation, it will directly benefit our future here. I will get a goal bar implemented so that everyone can be informed on our status with meeting the needed goal. I believe information is power.  

I am truly looking forward to the future and the possibilities it brings. I am grateful for the support and understanding that you guys give me. I'm sure i'll bump my head a time or two. But just know, i am here to ensure you get the gaming experience that you deserve.

Mitch 

@Mitch (IFRIT) , I am really proud of you to see you as an owner now (I still remember you as a fucking troll on civ).

@Clint Beastwood already gave you a good start with such a good server now and I do wish you the best of luck.

I have no doubt that you can bring Asylum even further.

I wish you the best of luck and hope you wont fall apart.

Edited by HomeTrlx
Bag Of Funyuns and Yuki Hayami like this
7 minutes ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

Hello all,

I'd like to start this by thanking the people who steered asylum before me. Between @Clint Beastwood, @Jesse, and @BaDaBiNg_10-8 they truly made this dream possible for all of us. It was not long ago that all of us were worried about the existence of Asylum. Now I believe that we are doing great, with room left to improve. 

Since I was approached about this opportunity and accepted their offer. I have been thinking of what I wanted to say. I was only able to come to a simple conclusion. Talk is cheap, don't talk about it, be about it. 

In early 2015, I never would have imagined that I would be anywhere close to the spot that I am today. At heart I am still a troll from Kavala. Long live the resistance...!

Moving on-

With a server that is performing this well. I think we are all ready for some much needed content additions. I have been talking with the development team about plans to bring just that. I am confident that these plans will be something that everyone enjoys in once aspect or another. Some of my initial plans include.

• Swat
  • Player Owned Shops
  • Marshal law
  • Civ Drug houses (think drug dealer)
  • Money making seasons (Increased sell price for X product. Legal and illegal)
  • A return of player to player sales of goods and weapons
  • Stats page 
  • Actual reasons to war, war kills, war points etc.

It should be noted that these cannot be done at the snap of a finger and will require some hard work and dedication by our development staff. But I wanted you to be aware of these ideas. It is my hope that you guys can provide feedback and ideas of your own. 

Now the tough topic. Donations and server sustainability.

With me being a fresh new owner. I am starting from scratch. At the end of the month, there will be server cost that will need to be covered. In the coming days, I intend to rework some of the rewards for donating to ensure we are able to meet these needs. I also believe that a way to show my appreciation for your continued support, I want to run a sale on keys. More information will come on that when the sale is started. If you do choose to make a donation, it will directly benefit our future here. I will get a goal bar implemented so that everyone can be informed on our status with meeting the needed goal. I believe information is power.  

I am truly looking forward to the future and the possibilities it brings. I am grateful for the support and understanding that you guys give me. I'm sure i'll bump my head a time or two. But just know, i am here to ensure you get the gaming experience that you deserve.

Mitch 

Reading this just makes me want to delete my farewell post right now 

Mitch (IFRIT) likes this
Just now, Dick Romney said:

Mitch, 

Are you going to be adding your own twists to these things in comparison to last time? Or will they be mostly the same? 

Did we have player owned shops before?

As for marshal law and swat. I have a hard time remembering what they exactly were before. But none the less, they will be designed with today's mentality and direction of the community in mind.

Just now, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

As for marshal law and swat. I have a hard time remembering what they exactly were before. But none the less, they will be designed with today's mentality and direction of the community in mind.

forgot to unbold player shops, my bad chief. 

53 minutes ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

Back in the day Swat had more access ingame (I think like a whitelist), they had to do multiple trainings to maintain the swat rank (or even get in).

They got striders, 7.62 etc. "Swat helmet" (Pilot helmet) and pilotcoveralls

EDIT: In 2014

Edited by HomeTrlx
Rodrigo likes this
56 minutes ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

• Swat - Should be the main priority on this list.
  • Player Owned Shops -We can live without this for now but still a good idea.
  • Marshal law - +1
  • Civ Drug houses (think drug dealer) - Would be a nice addition.
  • Money making seasons (Increased sell price for X product. Legal and illegal) - More money making is always good.
  • A return of player to player sales of goods and weapons - Im guessing like the exchange?
  • Stats page - +1
  • Actual reasons to war, war kills, war points etc. - +1

41 minutes ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

Swat was basically spawn 1st ATM, get killed, come back with normal loadout.

Marshal law was pretty much how it sounded. Todays mentality wont change it that much i dont think.

Spoiler

Also dont fuck this up hillybilly.

giphy.gif?cid=790b761141dc54ddbc64b878ae

1 hour ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

Actual reasons to war, war kills, war points etc.

Please.

Needs to be something what self sustains fights since nobody wants to grind money for hours anymore.

Also you guys desperately need to rethink the talent system, any players from other servers won't bother sticking around since they literally can't defib get cars and just basic things which really isn't new player friendly..

Goofi likes this
6 minutes ago, Mason Statham said:

Also you guys desperately need to rethink the talent system, any players from other servers won't bother sticking around since they literally can't defib get cars and just basic things which really isn't new player friendly..

+1 , A friend of mine recently bought the game and its cancer for him to try to start up on the server, even if we give him money. Reworking talents to be new player friendly would definitely ease the burden on new players and increase player retention.

Edited by Stratego
new
Goofi likes this

I just returned after a long hiatus and i can already see the dedication and hard work the staff put into Asylum. One of the biggest changes i noticed immediately is the server not lagging.

The only thing i would like to point out is that it can be overwhelming for newbies and returning players to get adjusted to Asylum Life. Once you spawn in Kavala, your only option is to go with the flow(In many cases this leads to being gunned down). There is a lack of on boarding, the players are left on their own to make their path. For newbies it means standing around until something happens - and there is always something happening in Kavala. 

The reason why i returned was because there is no game like this. Second Life comes close but still a huge difference. I enjoy the business to business aspects like selling weapons, buying houses, hiring security, creating companies, investing, employing, and making money.

Here is some ideas: 

- A platform to see what houses are on sale from your phone instead of relaying on the forum. 

- Jobs board on the phone app so i can immediately hire someone, my text chats get lost with the constant feeds. 

- Incorporate the Asylum Wiki within the phone app. 

- Develop opportunities for us to spend money on like player owned shops.

Thank you for the hard work, looking forward to a good time.