Evidence Locker feedback and discussion

65d012e572c19b266cc0eba6d12f4b53.pngThis post is from a career cop perspective.65d012e572c19b266cc0eba6d12f4b53.png

The electric fence hack is too fast for police to redeploy and react to.
If this is intentional design, for the police to be arriving as the rebels need to re-position, it still doesn't work because no one is actually in an animation or outside of a vehicle to physically stop.
The terrain in the area favors defenders with excellent bushes for ambushes and roaches, meaning the cops arriving in sports hatchbacks are food for the rebels on site already on location.

The reinforcement time (respawn, re-gear and return) is probably the longest and least intuitive for cops.
The closest HQ is Highway Patrol, which doesn't have access to an aircraft garage.
The most direct route is south down the highway until you have a straight-shot in and can floor it.
748ec376f5de6136f22d31229dc6d9e7.jpg

It's the lowest priority 'incident', and arguably the fastest to lose.
If the first cops on scene don't stall the rebels by immediately shooting the tires or people out of an Ifrit (xd), rebels can plant and cruise out 2km away to the closest rebel, which in an active pursuit is an uphill battle, literally.
Personally, I wouldn't bring a Hunter or Orca in and have it tossed into the rebel loot pot when I have to respond to the bank/prison/fed that just started.
Failing that, there's more than enough time to to destroy or steal it while I'm spending 4 minutes regearing the driving back.

This is ignoring the shed, which is a sick meme. The ability to just cruise up and bank your loot is hilarious.

The elevated security period is the effectively the shortest.
The timer starting when the vault is cracked means that any fight over the HEMTT, be it spiked gates or the cops managing to down or kill anyone, cuts into the elevated period meaning that there's no rest or cooldown period between events.

Any other thoughts? I've heard some gripes and didn't see a general feedback thread for any discussion for it.

Rhetoric, Bandit and Bag Of Funyuns like this

Today a gang did it 3-4 times while I was on, they have a house at lumbermill and so they can quickly store the good gear. The cops usually always won but that was after all the good gear was stored and only bad guns remained. There is also alot of confusion about when you can go to rebel while fighting evidence locker and what to do with the hemmt after the rebels are eliminated.

Also a thing that is dumb is you need to wait a long time before being able to stop the fence and you have to be in a animation for about 2-3 minutes where you can easily be killed

I would suggest reducing the time to 1 minute and add a message that tells the rebels it's being repaired. I would also suggest adding a tracker on the hemmt that breaks after 5 minutes and that you cannot take the stuff inside the hemmt until that 5 minute has passed. This would be good for cops because the rebels would have to decide if they want to protect the hemmt at the evidence locker or to drive it to rebel to defend and it would also be a counter to the bringing to your house before cops have a good chance to make a defence.

PS: you need to manually give the charge for robbing the evidence locker and I think it should auto-charge like at bank or fed

Edited by Nicolas March
9 hours ago, Sheriff Rick said:

If anything, the evidence locker should be made easier/reworked because I never see people do it.  It's the least rewarding event to do and the hardest

One day, as Nicolas said, a gang literally did it multiply times, almost every time it went off, and ofcourse we’re all over the map doing other stuff and nowhere near it, and by the time we even get there to engage, the fence is usually down, and within the next 10-15 seconds they already demo the gate and are on the move. Depending on how many officers on scene to rebels, you might not even be able to get enough people on the hemit before they floor it to Rebel, and (at least with that gang before) theyve posted up at rebel with Zafirs and just annihilate any active pursuit cops. Its definitely the fastest and easiest to get away with, especially with it being low priority.

41 minutes ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

Cops saying they dont have enough time is bullshit. I done 4 the other day, 3 of which no cops showed up too AT ALL. And anytime im on cop i get there no problem 9/10, unless im dealing with someone.

Its not hard to stop, use your head.

When it's bank then evidence locker, it's hard to get on time when you need to go procces the rebels that did it earlier, and then you have to drive the long distance to evidence locker and by the time you get there and die they are already gone. A suggestion would be to move hq closer and maybe change the Sofia rebel to somewhere else.

1/2 times they have a armed car at rebel or machine guns just spraying you from 1 km away and it's hard to deal with both at the same time

Edited by Nicolas March
Ryan2150 likes this

The issue with the evidence lockup at the moment from a cop perspective is another event say a bank starts. Cops respond to the bank and while enroute, the evidence alarm goes off. With the current mechanics of the evidence lockup it is not designed for an absence of cop presenses as there is little time delays between the stages of the lockup allowing for the event to be over in less time then the bank drill in many ways. Arguablly there is little reperccusion from the cops for this especally when people have houses less than 1 KM from the lockup itself. Logically I also find it very strang that we have a rebel outpost approximately 1 kilometer from a police lockup. As it stand no matter the cop presence there are logical issues with the lockup that affect the balance and experience quite negatively. I say this as the evidence is intended to the biggest piece of late game content but to many it feels more like a gimmick then an actual piece of playable content with an enjoyable experience then anything else.

Kernikov, Bandit and Ryan2150 like this

Fed has a HQ 951 meters from fed... Cops can FULLY gear up and be at fed event in 1min?  Can pull out armour or a orca.... 

Locker has a rebel outpost 1.2k from it and both events require a SLOW moving truck. U have to unload and then load while getting pushed and shot at in 10min or else the truck despawns. And then take it to a house to store the guns.

I get its supposed to be a end game event. Remember what happened when u guys changed prison?????? Do we need a repeat? 

Fed already requires 8+ people to even try. You guys are forgetting about roaches. You got other gangs/ APD rejects that are jealous that someone is having fun fighting cops so they sit and camp at a rebel to vest the truck...

Or you just have a LT call a rebel raid on the rebel thats 1km away from ur truck and have cops sitting there waiting for you instead of rebels...

I honestly do not understand why the career cops/ admins (that dont need to buy gear) are so upset about a event thats being used alot now... So you lost? Big deal.

Invictus , Crackbaby, Batcan and 1 other like this
4 minutes ago, bigjohn561 said:

Fed has a HQ 951 meters from fed... Cops can FULLY gear up and be at fed event in 1min?  Can pull out armour or a orca.... 

Locker has a rebel outpost 1.2k from it and both events require a SLOW moving truck. U have to unload and then load while getting pushed and shot at in 10min or else the truck despawns. And then take it to a house to store the guns.

I get its supposed to be a end game event. Remember what happened when u guys changed prison?????? Do we need a repeat? 

Fed already requires 8+ people to even try. You guys are forgetting about roaches. You got other gangs/ APD rejects that are jealous that someone is having fun fighting cops so they sit and camp at a rebel to vest the truck...

Or you just have a LT call a rebel raid on the rebel thats 1km away from ur truck and have cops sitting there waiting for you instead of rebels...

I honestly do not understand why the career cops/ admins (that dont need to buy gear) are so upset about a event thats being used alot now... So you lost? Big deal.

+1

Crackbaby likes this

Smash and grabs were always a thing. People started doing them alot? Lets put spikes, lets not let critters open the domes. Lets add the van so we can make another opening since we cant push the other 3. Ok real feds are gone most of the time now.... Lets see... They are doing locker tooo much... And getting away with free guns... Time to nerf it or make it were you need 10+ rebels so then its not worth their time since spliting guns between that many guys isnt worth it.

Doing crank too much? Nerf it.  Crafting to much? Nerf it. OMG they are doing to much uranium and making money. The Answer? You guessed it. Nerf it. All you need is ONE large gang to just do one thing ALOT and it will get nerfed.

Invictus , Batcan and Crackbaby like this
Just now, Sean That Irish Guy said:

You know what would make it easier? No cop limit or up the limit. Cops are afraid to soft log for events across the map. Problem solved.

We also suggested having a teleport option. Teleports you to the nearest PD depending on what's being robbed. But I'd prefer just removing the cap.

1 hour ago, bigjohn561 said:

That actually sums up fed nicely and what will probably happen with the evidence locker.  Evidence locker hardly gets done anyway and it seems one gang is basically specializing in it so that means nerf it entirely.  All that will happen is that nobody will do it just like before.

49 minutes ago, bigjohn561 said:

I disagree with the teleporting..

Its just making it easier and easier for the APD. And the cap? Its at least making it fair fighting numbers.

How is it making it easier for the APD? It wouldn’t take much longer than softlogging and it removes the chance of losing your slot. It would be a QoL fix, not a gameplay one.

HEYSOOS? likes this

The ease of smash and grabs killed federal reserve warefare. Rebels must have forgot that all deerstand have returned, profit from bars as well as spawn rates increased. The vans have some natural restrictions CPL+ to pull, no backpacks, csat uniform, carrier lite wearing will restrict the ability to jump on vans. I would argue the vans could be restricted IF at least one of two possibilites occured. First is the return of SWAT and the re-introduction of the SWAT ladder or having the SWAT ladder be made as a purchaseable item for cops with policy restrictions.

Overall you have to look at the median, because honestly theres different perspectives and different variables, there might be a lot of cops/bare minimum cops, they might be tied up, busy, across map, etc. There are times where rebels get shit on and dont even open the dome, or the truck doesn't get away, and other times almost no cops show up/show up in time, and its a lose battle, but you can't isolate everything based on perfect circumstances, but thats why certain things might need to be buffed/nerfed. (But thats also why we have these discussions to get everyones opinion.)

Too fast for police isn't really true. When I redeployed the other day I was in there in position before power was even offline. I don't think the hacking power should be the fighting place cause rebels will just get dicked in that position.

I agree the route to rebel is aids compared to cop spawn, but on the other end this stimulates cops to come in waves and think for once. I've only been playing cop again a couple days and if evidence locker is approached cleverly and communicated it's not to bad. I think this is way of fighting is way more interesting then a bank.

I agree with lowest event thing it should be :

fed - bank - evidence - prison

The timer I don't care about but here is what should be fixed :

fix it so u can't start evidence and then a bank right after eachother. Right now if u start the evidence u can still start banks leading to a free evidence lockup.

federal reserve

nobody does them (seriously). I don't even bother respawning / softlogging because it's a smash and grab. 

create rules regarding the paddy wagons and other vehicles relating entry towards the federal reserve (@apd captains).

for instance using the paddy wagon to acces the sandbag wall leads to instant removal of certain rank. Give them 1 ladder like the older times. Just make it spawn on the highest ranking officer on or something. 

This could just be me but I would love to hear when the latest serious federal reserve was.

On 12/3/2019 at 5:10 AM, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

Changes will be made, it currently has a near perfect success rate for the rebels.

Can we see statistics on what succes is exactly. I am curious where this rate is gotten from. 

If u mean they succeed when u start an evidence and then some1 starts a bank because it wasn't made well then yes I can see how the success rate is high.

Right now I see evidence as a fair fight. And I am saying this from a cop perspective