Cop cap

Cop cap  

354 members have voted

1. 1. Cop cap

Just now, Stratego said:

Gang life is already dead on the server, this will kill it two times over, how are the gangs supposed to do a fed or bank or anything cop related if its 25 cops with unlimited lives vs 8 civs with 1 life and 20 rnd mag? Only one logical vote here

i've said it before, cops need to redeploy in waves to allow rebels a chance to disengage. 

10 cops get wiped at the bank? wait in HQ until everyone dies and then push as a team. this allows the APD a better chance at defending and it allows the rebels a better chance of escaping 

Filemón and Revenant like this

@Mitch (IFRIT) Consider: Cops HAVE to have a forum account to become a cop, so the forums will be represented disproportionately by (career) cops and the cop cap does NOTHING but nerf cops. It's not hard to see which way this vote will swing.

Ask yourself: "will the server ever have a shortage of cops"? Now ask yourself "will the server ever have a shortage of civs"? 

That tells you all you need to know. The cop cap has helped regrow the civ playerbase, and removing it is just going to be encouraging the APD to recontrol the server like they did in the year the server was truly dead. If you lose a couple cops to the cap, it's worth the civs you gained because of it.

Orrado likes this
Just now, pr0digyt said:

@Mitch (IFRIT) Consider: Cops HAVE to have a forum account to become a cop, so the forums will be represented disproportionately by (career) cops and the cop cap does NOTHING but nerf cops. It's not hard to see which way this vote will swing.

Ask yourself: "will the server ever have a shortage of cops"? Now ask yourself "will the server ever have a shortage of civs"? 

That tells you all you need to know. The cop cap has helped regrow the civ playerbase, and removing it is just going to be encouraging the APD to recontrol the server like they did in the year the server was truly dead. If you lose a couple cops to the cap, it's worth the civs you gained because of it.

The cops being a mega-gang has only been an issue for the past year or so. Before that, you had massive gangs constantly fucking with the APD 24/7. 30 rebels attacking HQs with 4 cops online, remember when FSA and Brotherhood would make one mega server-wide gang to attack all the HQs at once so cops couldn't even leave spawn? 

Fun times. 

pr0digyt and asiuxjau like this
4 minutes ago, pr0digyt said:

Good point here.  

But i agree with removing the gradual cap and making a hard 15 cop cap.

Bandit likes this
9 minutes ago, Reformed epTic said:

The cops being a mega-gang has only been an issue for the past year or so. Before that, you had massive gangs constantly fucking with the APD 24/7. 30 rebels attacking HQs with 4 cops online, remember when FSA and Brotherhood would make one mega server-wide gang to attack all the HQs at once so cops couldn't even leave spawn? 

Fun times. 

I long for those days to return. Unfortunately, until we start getting enough strong and large Rebel gangs we can't justify raising the cop cap. 

2 minutes ago, cHIP oTLE said:

Good point here.  

"Will we ever have a shortage of cops?" In the past we got to experience and thus have definitive evidence that we can have a shortage of civs. We know what a lack of civs look like. Ask yourself, "does the current server state of cops look like it's heading to anything like the server state of civs a year ago?"

Edited by pr0digyt
bigjohn561 likes this

@Mitch (IFRIT) 

Only people complaining is the career cops. 8 rebels start a bank against the 7 cops. 8v7.. No cap means it becomes a 8 rebels against 20+ cops. Everyone knows when u start a event more cops log in when they see people moving in the channels. The events are already rare as it is (Real ones) . u remove cap it will be rare again. The current gangs that are around right now will be lucky to get 8 people online and skilled enough to fight these events.

Higher ups complained that they are not able to log in and help out the fight? Ok? So they lose the fight This time. Alot of times a event is only started if certain cops are online. Ive seen a event get started and then 4 admins pop in channel just to fight. Now the 8 rebels are fighting against 12+ and 4+ are 7.62 which are most likely going to sit out and snipe ya. 

pr0digyt and Stratego like this
7 minutes ago, cHIP oTLE said:

Good point here.  

I disagree. Do u ever have 10+ gang mates online to even fight a 15 gang? That has cheap/free gear?  Only time cap ever is a problem is when its at the 12 man cap and more cops wanna log to overwhelm the 8 rebels doing a bank/fed/locker. Right now with the way locker is, so open its a even playing field and having alot of cops show up makes it very hard to win.

I think if a cop is online and soft logs other officers are NOT allowed to jump in and take the officers slot! That would prevent others from not soft logging to a event and officers can get to a event in a timely manner.

@Mitch (IFRIT) also anyways we can get the glitch of not being able to get away from the demo charge blasting and killing me? Maybe make the person that places the charge take no damage?

15 minutes ago, pr0digyt said:

I long for those days to return. Unfortunately, until we start getting enough strong and large Rebel gangs we can't justify raising the cop cap. 

"Will we ever have a shortage of cops?" In the past we got to experience and thus have definitive evidence that we can have a shortage of civs. We know what a lack of civs look like. Ask yourself, "does the current server state of cops look like it's heading to anything like the server state of civs a year ago?"

Those days were fucking cancerous for the server. 

17 minutes ago, Reformed epTic said:

Those days were fucking cancerous for the server. 

Career cop at the time, so I couldn't tell you how the civs rated it, but besides problems with things such as shooting cars with small arms to blow it up, it sounds like a healthy civ base and that's what I would want. I enjoyed ideas like the meth pass, feeling like there was an actual presence on the island when they would make entire cities their personal killzone you had to avoid etc.

From the cop side, I thought it was healthy for us to have an enemy to protect civs from. Cops don't get a very good rep by people who play the server more than a few weeks. The bad rep aimed at the cops from your average city dweller used to be "the cops aren't protecting us enough from rebels". Now, your poor old kavala retard dislikes the cops because the cops are just as aids as abusive civs.

Also, weren't we at all 4 servers?

Edited by pr0digyt
Just now, pr0digyt said:

I was a career cop at the time, so I couldn't tell you how the civs rated it, but besides problems with things such as shooting cars with small arms to blow it up, it sounds like a healthy civ base and that's what I would want. As a cop, I enjoyed it. It felt nice to band together in APD gang to face the common threat and try to outsmart the rebel's shenanigans by predicting it advance, etc.

Also, weren't we at all 4 servers?

Was 2 at the time I think, but the cops definitely did not band together to fight back against the shit rebels were pulling. Cops didn't even want to play because it was just a 24/7 base camping shit show. It got so bad at one point that they had to threaten to shut down the servers (think they actually did shut down S2 for a couple hours) because of the constant HQ attacks. 

6 minutes ago, Steve said:

It you vote no it's because your gang is too small or you are playing with people who can't have your back.(or both)

I agree. I do vote no because the gangs are too small and they play with people who don't have the skill to start contending with another APD take-over of the server. Glad to see you're on my side.

Eh, so it can go both ways here. Arguments can be made from everywhere on this one.

My personal opinion below.

So while I think it's very healthy to have a limit on the amount of police that can go on duty, until improvements can be made to the system in general, it is probably better off gone for now. A couple examples of what I mean:

It's currently clunky

You'll be able to load into a blufor slot and hit okay to enter the game, but you'll be hit with the cop limit message.
Potential Fix: if you are able to click an empty blufor slot to fill it, you should be able to load in. The slots change every so often based on population, I think that is good enough.

Cops on duty

As it stands, cops currently have to lobby out to be able to redeploy to federal events. Currently, federal events are a tad borked. It can get hectic at times for the cops on duty to respond to them all.
Potential Fix: teleport options for federal events to prevent the need to lobby out of the game to respond to the federal events.

These are just a couple of my own thoughts on the issue. I'm fairly indifferent to the limit.

Bazzajack likes this
16 minutes ago, pr0digyt said:

I agree. I do vote no because the gangs are too small and they play with people who don't have the skill to start contending with another APD take-over of the server. Glad to see you're on my side.

There's like 50 kids in kavala who don't know what foot to put forward first. If you put some real effort into teaching them it might pay off.

HEYSOOS? and Bag Of Funyuns like this
8 minutes ago, Steve said:

There's like 50 kids in kavala who don't know what foot to put forward first. If you put some real effort into teaching them it might pay off.

You really love to argue against yourself. There's like 50 constables who don't know what foot to put forward first. If you put some real effort into teaching them it might pay off.

4 minutes ago, pr0digyt said:

You really love to argue against yourself. There's like 50 constables who don't know what foot to put forward first. If you put some real effort into teaching them it might pay off.

I'm not gonna deny that the APD could really use some combat lessons, because they desperately need it. However the APD is a faction, a constable can't chose his team mates, a gang can.

Fried Rice likes this
7 minutes ago, Steve said:

I'm not gonna deny that the APD could really use some combat lessons, because they desperately need it. However the APD is a faction, a constable can't chose his gang mates, a gang can.

Did you just type this? I just screenshotted that so you can't remove it. The APD is a faction. The higher ups fucking choose the gang mates. There's a whole system of promotions so that they have the power to invite/remove people from the gang JUST LIKE EVERY GANG. Do you think that your average fucking gangmate has the power to invite and remove people into the gang? Why would a constable? Holy Shit

Edited by pr0digyt
Filemón likes this
Just now, pr0digyt said:

Did you just type this? I just screenshotted that so you can't remove it. The APD is a faction. The higher ups fucking choose the gang mates. There's a whole system of promotions so that they have the power to invite/remove people from the gang JUST LIKE EVERY GANG. Do you think that your average fucking gangmate has the power to invite and remove people into the gang? Why would a constable? Holy Shit

If a Sgt dislikes someone he can't just remove him. There has to be a rule broken. Not being a  shit shot isn't a rule for police. I only edited grammatical errors and things I mistyped. I think I got my point across.

thero likes this
8 minutes ago, pr0digyt said:

The higher ups fucking choose the gang mates. There's a whole system of promotions so that they have the power to invite/remove people from the gang JUST LIKE EVERY GANG.

We dont deny anyone from the APD as long as they meet the requirements. We only remove someone if they do something wrong thats is severe, usually its a slap on the wrist or a severe warning not to do it again. You seem to know an awful lot about cops when you're only a constable...

2 minutes ago, Chow Mein said:

We dont deny anyone from the APD as long as they meet the requirements. We only remove someone if they do something wrong thats is severe, usually its a slap on the wrist or a severe warning not to do it again. You seem to know an awful lot about cops when you're only a constable...

It's almost as if people in the APD leak things to their friends about the APD works. 

33 minutes ago, Steve said:

If a Sgt dislikes someone he can't just remove him. There has to be a rule broken. Not being a  shit shot isn't a rule for police. I only edited grammatical errors and things I mistyped. I think I got my point across.

24 minutes ago, Chow Mein said:

Rules and requirements are set out by the APD gang. You have to follow their rules and processing procedures and not do things against their rules like be unprofessional or toxic. You have to be able to roleplay as well. Maybe if there are too many people wanting to play cop while the cap is necessary, tighten your rules to weed out the bad cops just like gangs do until you have decent fighters who follow the rules instead of petitioning to have the gang cap raised.

Edited by pr0digyt