Cop cap

Cop cap  

354 members have voted

1. 1. Cop cap

2 hours ago, Barack Hussein Osama said:

i won't forget when I was driving around with my friend that had a 5k bounty (I had no bounty) and the cops pulled hunters to get us

I won't forget when I was a SGT Hunters were slow pieces of shit and were either used on patrol for the memes or to push/disable rebel vehicles/positions. Idk what you're complaining about all you have to do is get on the highway and drive faster than 100km/hr and the Hunter would quickly be lost.

Back to the post, honestly the cop slot is stupid imo. Yes you may have 18 cops online but first off the rebels make the decision 90% of the time to take a fight to the cops so the whole "Wahhh 4 rebels to 18 cops at a bank" shit is stupid you decided to take that fight. Most of the time, before I un-installed the game, I wanted to play cop i'd load up the game look and see if there was a cop slot for like 5 minutes get bored because they were all full and just close the game not to mention there are people who HAVE to play to keep their rank... it's just stupid.

Edited by Tyler
Fried Rice and Rodrigo like this

Then dont complain bout being bored and NOONE doing events since 20 cops are online. 

Ive been in channel and people complain about nothing going on. When asked why dont we change over and start something.... Um... I dont play civ.... Lol. Its the same thing besides you have to pay for ur gear lol.

Edited by bigjohn561
5 hours ago, bigjohn561 said:

Then dont complain bout being bored and NOONE doing events since 20 cops are online. 

Ive been in channel and people complain about nothing going on. When asked why dont we change over and start something.... Um... I dont play civ.... Lol. Its the same thing besides you have to pay for ur gear lol.

My cop loadout is 14k my guy, close to what I would spend on civ.

Fried Rice likes this
17 minutes ago, bigjohn561 said:

Ur not included. Its free for u man. 14k is still half anyways.

If I go with a full loadout for UC it is around 17K and that is not including flashbang grenades or smokes. We are talking Mk18 (rod knows how much that costs on cop), Pilots, helmet, mags 10ish, vest, bag, and faks.

Before anyone develops the though I earned all my cash through the grind on civ, specifically, scotch. Cop is as much if not more of a money sink for staff members then rebels going to the rebel outposts.

Edited by ColtonB205
Rodrigo, Fried Rice and Bandit like this
42 minutes ago, ColtonB205 said:

If I go with a full loadout for UC it is around 17K and that is not including flashbang grenades or smokes. We are talking Mk18 (rod knows how much that costs on cop), Pilots, helmet, mags 10ish, vest, bag, and faks.

Before anyone develops the though I earned all my cash through the grind on civ, specifically, scotch. Cop is as much if not more of a money sink for staff members then rebels going to the rebel outposts.

I've generally held that staff members end up with a large money sink, but I've also assumed parts of that are their own fault. There is no reason to pull expensive gear when cruising around the island and walking around Pyrgos square. It's unnecessary. As a poor analogy, when I'm on cop you don't see me buying an MX every life like I see higher ups pulling out larger weapons or Coveralls. I buy an MX when I know there are are rebels nearby, or if I'm responding to a bank/ fed. And I don't pull one out if there are higher ups or other people with MXs on. Generally when I buy an MX, I don't behave as though I have a spar. I behave much more similarly to a civ, staying at a medium range and sniping without getting sniped. Unless you're pulling a Rodrigo and sniping from Telos for the duration of the Fed, there is no reason for ANY cop to get a better weapon. It's so close range that the Spar handles it just fine, especially with the proximity with which you can respawn and return. And yet, I see full loadouts at feds all the time.

So while I agree higher-ups do have a money sink, I imagine that can at least be partially mitigated by conscientiousness. 
Your average constable on the other hand has basically no excuse - free loadouts.

Edited by pr0digyt
bigjohn561 and Stratego like this
1 hour ago, bigjohn561 said:

Money sink for staff? They get free money

Free money? How did you come to that conclusion? Staff are required to perform the day to day operations of the APD (interviews, apps, disciplinary action) to keep rank. We do not get paid with the only exception being for the completion of trainings which meet the requirements to be paid. I don't know what you mean by free money if you imply that people pay for ranks. I have to pay the same as a civilian for an Orca that has a higher probability of being shot down then do rebels. 

2 hours ago, pr0digyt said:

I've generally held that staff members end up with a large money sink, but I've also assumed parts of that are their own fault. There is no reason to pull expensive gear when cruising around the island and walking around Pyrgos square. It's unnecessary. As a poor analogy, when I'm on cop you don't see me buying an MX every life like I see higher ups pulling out larger weapons or Coveralls. I buy an MX when I know there are are rebels nearby, or if I'm responding to a bank/ fed. And I don't pull one out if there are higher ups or other people with MXs on. Generally when I buy an MX, I don't behave as though I have a spar. I behave much more similarly to a civ, staying at a medium range and sniping without getting sniped. Unless you're pulling a Rodrigo and sniping from Telos for the duration of the Fed, there is no reason for ANY cop to get a better weapon. It's so close range that the Spar handles it just fine, especially with the proximity with which you can respawn and return. And yet, I see full loadouts at feds all the time.

So while I agree higher-ups do have a money sink, I imagine that can at least be partially mitigated by conscientiousness. 
Your average constable on the other hand has basically no excuse - free loadouts.

In average patrol we cannot store our gear in a house/locker to pull out at a later date. If we get the gear for a bank and no longer need it you have to patrol with it or pay for a less expensive loadout losing money on the last. As a Lieutenant it is completely expected to have a 7.62 this is not deniable. With the APD having limited ways of dealing with orcas, heavy weaponed vehicles, and ifrits; it is almost required that Lieutenants get Mks. To protect that investment into a weapon I want to have good armor which means paying for PCs in many ways.That adds up quick. On top of that both rebels and cops make the complaint that "why don't higher-ups pull armor?" Answer is simple and two part for me. The first it is expensive to use that equipment. Second it is much harder to get that equipment back when it inevitably ends up in the hands of rebels. I say this as everyone is aware that it is much easier to shoot out a person from armor with a 7.62 then say a 6.5 or 5.56.

I say all this as many have no idea how expensive it has now become to use the equipment of the APD at the highest levels with Rebel gear getting a price decrease recently.

On 12/10/2019 at 5:02 AM, bigjohn561 said:

You have medics now so considering the cap on server is 115. 6 on medic 20+ on cop. Rest is rebels. How many is kavala or athira ratting? How many is mining diamonds? How many is in a real gang? 

WHO DOESNT look at the amount of cops before doing a event?

How many times do i hear, hey guys wanna do a bank? Nvm it will be a 4 v 12. 

And of course ADMINS would say i want more to shoot at. Admins not paying for the gear lol. Admins are NEVER trying to escape with the payout. Admins can care less if they win or lose. In fact a CAPTAIN complained about fighting against the "free ifirit" lol. Unless ur fighting against a rich group (that made their money before v2) ur normally not going to see much armour at a event.

Yall seem to think admins have nothing to lose, i've played with countless admins who don't pull free ifrits and buy 20 grenades and suicide vests and shit because they were told if they didn't play like this before with their money they made, don't do it with there admin money. Plus, the admins are the ones being looked at by everyone, of course they have to show a good example, 95% of a time the admin gets caught he roleplays his charges or gets sent straight to jail because the cops have already lost enough so they deserve money. Its not a big deal unless the admin is a piece of shit and we only have 2 of those

43 minutes ago, ColtonB205 said:

If we get the gear for a bank and no longer need it you have to patrol with it or pay for a less expensive loadout losing money on the last.

That totally explains why when there are no banks or feds, or active fights with rebels, I see LTs carrying around full gear. Oh wait. /s I'm not talking about carrying around gear from a previous event, I'm talking about when you're all preemptively purchasing it when there are no fights.

49 minutes ago, ColtonB205 said:

As a Lieutenant it is completely expected to have a 7.62 this is not deniable.

This is not an argument. It's a fallacy from tradition.

50 minutes ago, ColtonB205 said:

On top of that both rebels and cops make the complaint that "why don't higher-ups pull armor?" Answer is simple and two part for me. The first it is expensive to use that equipment. Second it is much harder to get that equipment back when it inevitably ends up in the hands of rebels. I say this as everyone is aware that it is much easier to shoot out a person from armor with a 7.62 then say a 6.5 or 5.56.

Who the hell is complaining that "higher-ups don't pull armor"? Combat-illiterate constables you shouldn't pay mind to? You guys pull them in every situation that requires it and even some that don't. I actually think it's part of the problem. Too often I see LTs treat hunters as though they are Police Ifrits, dropping out solo on rebels and then losing the hunter if they lose the drop. Whatever happened to telling a constable to get in the back and then hop in driver if a drop fails to save and re-use the Hunter?

On 12/10/2019 at 12:13 AM, Chow Mein said:

We only remove someone if they do something wrong thats is severe, usually its a slap on the wrist or a severe warning not to do it again. You seem to know an awful lot about cops when you're only a constable...

Bro I watched and reported a LT search a house come out and say "not worth raiding nothing of interest" his gang mate captain was like "so who cares he didnt take anything"?  We all know the APD is a corrupt pile of shit and has been since the days of Edge Gamer save a few months when BAMF was in charge. Anyone with integrity quit a long time ago when the realized itll never change.  But we remove people for changing their TS names as a meme tho right?  Fucking joke

Kawaii likes this
On 12/9/2019 at 9:57 PM, bigjohn561 said:

@Mitch (IFRIT) 

Only people complaining is the career cops. 8 rebels start a bank against the 7 cops. 8v7.. No cap means it becomes a 8 rebels against 20+ cops. Everyone knows when u start a event more cops log in when they see people moving in the channels. The events are already rare as it is (Real ones) . u remove cap it will be rare again. The current gangs that are around right now will be lucky to get 8 people online and skilled enough to fight these events.

Higher ups complained that they are not able to log in and help out the fight? Ok? So they lose the fight This time. Alot of times a event is only started if certain cops are online. Ive seen a event get started and then 4 admins pop in channel just to fight. Now the 8 rebels are fighting against 12+ and 4+ are 7.62 which are most likely going to sit out and snipe ya. 

dudes retarded but i agree with him here

Twinkie and Good Lub like this

This is not an argument. It's a fallacy from tradition.

If you were a lieutenant who wanted to experiment with different guns other than a 7.62 it is inevitable that you get asked: "why don't you have 7.62?" This isn't a fallacy it is a reality, any LT who hangs out with more then friends on the regular knows this.

Who the hell is complaining that "higher-ups don't pull armor"? Combat-illiterate constables you shouldn't pay mind to? You guys pull them in every situation that requires it and even some that don't. I actually think it's part of the problem. Too often I see LTs treat hunters as though they are Police Ifrits, dropping out solo on rebels and then losing the hunter if they lose the drop. Whatever happened to telling a constable to get in the back and then hop in driver if a drop fails to save and re-use the Hunter?

Cannot attest to the total number of scenarios which all higher-ups use armor both the strider/hunter as well as the orcas. I do know that it is a direct cost of the higher-up to lose that armored vehicle or helicopter and no one else. The point I am making here is that it is very expensive for higher-ups to afford to fight with all the equipment they have access to as the same level of payment is sent to a constable with low cost loadouts following a fight. 

1 hour ago, ColtonB205 said:

If you were a lieutenant who wanted to experiment with different guns other than a 7.62 it is inevitable that you get asked: "why don't you have 7.62?" This isn't a fallacy it is a reality, any LT who hangs out with more then friends on the regular knows this.

If you were a person who wanted to experiment with eating foods other than meat (vegetarian), it is inevitable that you get asked: "why don't you eat meat?" The correct answer of course is, "none of your business, go fuck yourself." This is in contrast to, "You're right, allow me to change my behaviour to conform with your expectations despite the obvious deficits I will run by doing so". And yes, it is a fallacious argument known as an appeal to tradition. Even if you weaseled out of that label, you'd end up under (another fallacious argument) argumentum ad populum.

1 hour ago, ColtonB205 said:

I do know that it is a direct cost of the higher-up to lose that armored vehicle or helicopter and no one else.

I'm not sure what you're after here. I already agreed that higher ups experience a money sink. I'm now making the case that they can do things to mitigate it that they don't do. 

On 12/11/2019 at 7:18 PM, pr0digyt said:

Unless you're pulling a Rodrigo and sniping from Telos for the duration of the Fed, there is no reason for ANY cop to get a better weapon. It's so close range that the Spar handles it just fine, especially with the proximity with which you can respawn and return. And yet, I see full loadouts at feds all the time.

Damn dude you seem to use me as an example quite often, there is more cops than me pal.

31 minutes ago, Rodrigo said:

Any updates on this @Mitch (IFRIT) ?

We need more UC slots brother

People made valid arguments for both sides, both here, and in my inbox. While looking at the pro's and con's of having the system, I can easily understand why both "Sides" are frustrated with it. Removing it doesn't seem like the greatest idea as it does solve a problem when the server is a lower pop. Due to the one server, and over 1,000 white-listed constables, I find there to be a in balance that is impossible to solve. I do think some work can be done to better suit the community when we are at full pop. At the current cap, we are limited to 15 officers on when we are at capacity. I believe we should increase that to 17 officer at cap, and add in a additional slot that is for Sgt+. This slot will ensure that in the event the lower ranks fill all the other slots, we are able to get some APD leadership onto the server to help direct the forces, and to give them access to the tools that come along with those ranks such as armor. This change has not been implemented yet, but will hopefully soon. 

I appreciate the feedback you guys gave me!

ColtonB205 and Rodrigo like this
11 minutes ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

People made valid arguments for both sides, both here, and in my inbox. While looking at the pro's and con's of having the system, I can easily understand why both "Sides" are frustrated with it. Removing it doesn't seem like the greatest idea as it does solve a problem when the server is a lower pop. Due to the one server, and over 1,000 white-listed constables, I find there to be a in balance that is impossible to solve. I do think some work can be done to better suit the community when we are at full pop. At the current cap, we are limited to 15 officers on when we are at capacity. I believe we should increase that to 17 officer at cap, and add in a additional slot that is for Sgt+. This slot will ensure that in the event the lower ranks fill all the other slots, we are able to get some APD leadership onto the server to help direct the forces, and to give them access to the tools that come along with those ranks such as armor. This change has not been implemented yet, but will hopefully soon. 

What about no cap beyond 65ish players on the server and a cap of 8 for anything below that

Gagss and Dman1233 like this
1 hour ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

f2b06ef55fafd0801839a9fc2a98464b.png

Rhetoric and Mitch (IFRIT) like this
2 hours ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

just remove the cop cap there has ben no cop cap for so many years why change it now. Just because of those retards who is makin money all day and nothing els says it's not fair?

3 minutes ago, Zaka said:

just remove the cop cap there has ben no cop cap for so many years why change it now. Just because of those retards who is makin money all day and nothing els says it's not fair?

We also had 4 servers for years, 

If you look at the data theirs a direct correlation with cop cap and the rise in our population.

What was happening was 25 civs would be on and 15 cops would choke them out making them rage quit. Cant have cops without civs.