Jump to content

Cop cap  

244 members have voted

  1. 1. Cop cap



Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, Steve said:

If a Sgt dislikes someone he can't just remove him. There has to be a rule broken. Not being a  shit shot isn't a rule for police. I only edited grammatical errors and things I mistyped. I think I got my point across.

24 minutes ago, Chow Mein said:

We dont deny anyone from the APD as long as they meet the requirements. We only remove someone if they do something wrong thats is severe, usually its a slap on the wrist or a severe warning not to do it again. You seem to know an awful lot about cops when you're only a constable...

Rules and requirements are set out by the APD gang. You have to follow their rules and processing procedures and not do things against their rules like be unprofessional or toxic. You have to be able to roleplay as well. Maybe if there are too many people wanting to play cop while the cap is necessary, tighten your rules to weed out the bad cops just like gangs do until you have decent fighters who follow the rules instead of petitioning to have the gang cap raised.

Edited by pr0digyt

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, pr0digyt said:

Rules and requirements are set out by the APD gang. You have to follow their rules and processing procedures and not do things against their rules like be unprofessional or toxic. You have to be able to roleplay as well. Maybe if there are too many people wanting to play cop while the cap is necessary, tighten your rules to weed out the bad cops just like gangs do until you have decent fighters who follow the rules. 

I'm not saying there no rules. Gangs are typically ran differently then the APD. Here's an example, the most successful gangs I've been in will typically allow basic members to have a valuable input on whether or not they like someone and whether or not they should be in the gang. For this reason, those basic members have the ability to chose their team mates. In the APD that is not how it works. If they aren't breaking rules, they can't really get removed.

Chow Mein likes this

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Steve said:

I'm not saying there no rules. Gangs are typically ran differently then the APD. Here's an example, the most successful gangs I've been in will typically allow basic members to have a valuable input on whether or not they like someone and whether or not they should be in the gang. For this reason, those basic members have the ability to chose their team mates. In the APD that is not how it works. If they aren't breaking rules, they can't really get removed.

My gang is an oligarchy consisting of two people. We don't have enough members that we can't give them personal attention. The APD is similarly structured as my gang, but with a slightly less centralized Oligarchy because of the number of people needing management, run by the Captains and second in Commands. Some Civ gangs are democracies, some are oligarchies, some have dictators. This isn't relevant. The point is you're sitting here asking for more slots to log cops in with while simultaneously saying that rebels just need to train people better to keep up. The hypocrisy. Cops are the largest gang on the server with a low bar for entry. Then their gang cap was lowered, because there were too many and it was a monopoly. Now people complain that they can't win and accuse rebels of not recruiting good enough people or teaching their existing people. Bro. Raise the requirements to be a cop. Add an actual roleplay scenario to the interview or something. Tell your Gang Leaders to change your rules and start being more elite because there's too many retards for the number of slots.

Edited by pr0digyt

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, pr0digyt said:

My gang is an oligarchy consisting of two people. We don't have enough members that we can't give them personal attention. The APD is similarly structured as my gang, but with a slightly less centralized Oligarchy because of the number of people needing management, run by the Captains and second in Commands. Some Civ gangs are democracies, some are oligarchies, some have dictators. This isn't relevant. The point is you're sitting here asking for more slots to log cops in with while simultaneously saying that rebels just need to train people better to keep up. The hypocrisy. Cops are the largest gang on the server with a low bar for entry. Then their gang cap was lowered, because there were too many and it was a monopoly. Now people complain that they can't win and accuse rebels of not recruiting good enough people or teaching their existing people. Bro. Raise the requirements to be a cop. Add an actual roleplay scenario to the interview or something. Tell your Gang Leaders to change your rules and start being more elite because there's too many retards for the number of slots.

If you have ever done a 3 man bank against 20+ cops and got out of there, you would have a different opinion.

Chow Mein and Sp0on like this

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, Steve said:

If you have ever done a 3 man bank against 20+ cops and got out of there, you would have a different opinion.

Unless you’d care to elaborate on that thought further I’ll just consider it a genetic fallacy.

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, pr0digyt said:

Unless you’d care to elaborate on that thought further I’ll just consider it a genetic fallacy.

I've successfully done a handful of banks against 20+ cops with ease while only having 2 other people with me. I realize this might be harder now with the stair case added but it is still doable.

Edit: so it should be doable with 10. Recruit more, and improve.

Zaka likes this

Share this post


Link to post

You have medics now so considering the cap on server is 115. 6 on medic 20+ on cop. Rest is rebels. How many is kavala or athira ratting? How many is mining diamonds? How many is in a real gang? 

WHO DOESNT look at the amount of cops before doing a event?

How many times do i hear, hey guys wanna do a bank? Nvm it will be a 4 v 12. 

And of course ADMINS would say i want more to shoot at. Admins not paying for the gear lol. Admins are NEVER trying to escape with the payout. Admins can care less if they win or lose. In fact a CAPTAIN complained about fighting against the "free ifirit" lol. Unless ur fighting against a rich group (that made their money before v2) ur normally not going to see much armour at a event.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, bigjohn561 said:

How many times do i hear, hey guys wanna do a bank? Nvm it will be a 4 v 12. 

And of course ADMINS would say i want more to shoot at. Admins not paying for the gear lol. Admins are NEVER trying to escape with the payout. Admins can care less if they win or lose. In fact a CAPTAIN complained about fighting against the "free ifirit" lol. Unless ur fighting against a rich group (that made their money before v2) ur normally not going to see much armour at a event.

I preferred having more cops to shoot at long before I was an Admin.

Copa likes this

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, Steve said:

I preferred having more cops to shoot at long before I was an Admin.

fucking admins using esp, spawning loadouts, aimbot, zeus they use all this so ofc they want more cops to kill!!!! fucking abusers!!!!1

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Mason Statham said:

Gonna be a sad day for people tryna make money when there's 10 cops and 10 civs in the dead times of the server.

10 cops for 30 civs is still sad... 

pr0digyt likes this

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Reformed epTic said:

get rid of it, limit group size. 

FORCE PEOPLE TO SPREAD THE FUCK OUT. 

the issue isn't 20 cops online. the issue is of those 20 cops, 18 of them are in one big group trying to circlejerk each other for promotions.

Well from what I have noticed the reason we have been in one group is because we are constantly rotating between bank -> federal reserve -> prison -> evidence lockup. Or which ever rotation you prefer.Rinse and repeat. At least with the amount of time I was on that is pretty much how it felt.

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, Sandman1996 said:

Well from what I have noticed the reason we have been in one group is because we are constantly rotating between bank -> federal reserve -> prison -> evidence lockup. Or which ever rotation you prefer.Rinse and repeat. At least with the amount of time I was on that is pretty much how it felt.

it's always been one big group, even when nobody was doing feds. 

pr0digyt likes this

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Stratego said:

Gang life is already dead on the server, this will kill it two times over, how are the gangs supposed to do a fed or bank or anything cop related if its 25 cops with unlimited lives vs 8 civs with 1 life and 20 rnd mag? Only one logical vote here

so if u got 8 rbl and fight 7 cops at bank or fed is that fun? NO 

10 hours ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

easy question here

get it out.. let ppl do a real fed or bank again vs 15+cops more fun!! 

only 7 cops vs a fed or bank is not funny for both side 

Rodrigo likes this

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, Reformed epTic said:

 

go post another sound cloud that everybody think is shiit 

Edited by Zaka

Share this post


Link to post

I just wish constables got something better. Would love to be undercover or a cop medic which im sad got removed. Constables could definitely use a buff of sorts. Anything would be nice. Like a change in the talent tree to for faster bloodbags or even a helmet. (No im not paying for a chance to get one. My luck isnt that good). I know corporal has undercover but Its difficult to get promoted at all especially since there was leaks and they did not promote this month. Could happen again many times and no one gets to move up and such. If it happens once its bound to happen again.

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Stratego said:

Gang life is already dead on the server, this will kill it two times over, how are the gangs supposed to do a fed or bank or anything cop related if its 25 cops with unlimited lives vs 8 civs with 1 life and 20 rnd mag? Only one logical vote here

Doesn’t matter what the cop vs civ ratio is at a fed when the hemmits go boom!

GO7NEY likes this

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Zaka said:

go post another sound cloud that everybody think is shiit 

10k followers

some of the tracks i've produced have 500k+ on youtube

obviously doing something right
 

 

Edited by Reformed epTic

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Flare Chaser said:

I just wish constables got something better. Would love to be undercover or a cop medic which im sad got removed. Constables could definitely use a buff of sorts. Anything would be nice. Like a change in the talent tree to for faster bloodbags or even a helmet. (No im not paying for a chance to get one. My luck isnt that good). I know corporal has undercover but Its difficult to get promoted at all especially since there was leaks and they did not promote this month. Could happen again many times and no one gets to move up and such. If it happens once its bound to happen again.

This is the whole motivation to get to Corporal. Constables are considered the "basic" rank of the APD and need the basic equipment to perform their role. If you want the more "advanced" equipment you are supposed to go through the ranks like everyone else to unlock the equipment.

Azeh and Kernikov like this

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Stratego said:

Gang life is already dead on the server, this will kill it two times over, how are the gangs supposed to do a fed or bank or anything cop related if its 25 cops with unlimited lives vs 8 civs with 1 life and 20 rnd mag? Only one logical vote here

Get good

Sp0on likes this

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, pr0digyt said:

@Mitch (IFRIT) Consider: Cops HAVE to have a forum account to become a cop, so the forums will be represented disproportionately by (career) cops and the cop cap does NOTHING but nerf cops. It's not hard to see which way this vote will swing.

Ask yourself: "will the server ever have a shortage of cops"? Now ask yourself "will the server ever have a shortage of civs"? 

That tells you all you need to know. The cop cap has helped regrow the civ playerbase, and removing it is just going to be encouraging the APD to recontrol the server like they did in the year the server was truly dead. If you lose a couple cops to the cap, it's worth the civs you gained because of it.

 

10 hours ago, pr0digyt said:

My gang is an oligarchy consisting of two people. We don't have enough members that we can't give them personal attention. The APD is similarly structured as my gang, but with a slightly less centralized Oligarchy because of the number of people needing management, run by the Captains and second in Commands. Some Civ gangs are democracies, some are oligarchies, some have dictators. This isn't relevant. The point is you're sitting here asking for more slots to log cops in with while simultaneously saying that rebels just need to train people better to keep up. The hypocrisy. Cops are the largest gang on the server with a low bar for entry. Then their gang cap was lowered, because there were too many and it was a monopoly. Now people complain that they can't win and accuse rebels of not recruiting good enough people or teaching their existing people. Bro. Raise the requirements to be a cop. Add an actual roleplay scenario to the interview or something. Tell your Gang Leaders to change your rules and start being more elite because there's too many retards for the number of slots.








shut the fuck up

Edited by Sp0on

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, •ÐŠ• Randy said:

I feel like it should be kept at lower pops, and just remove the cap once theres like 75=80 civs on

15 cops is plenty to fight any group. The only issue is the 15 cops hitting up the 2 guys doing meth or the 5 guys doing a bank. 

Not everyone has 10k hours and have the skills to wipe 10 cops each.

Even doing a fed or locker. We have had cops chase and then sit out and snipe and return over and over and over.

Edited by bigjohn561
Filemón likes this

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Steve said:

I've successfully done a handful of banks against 20+ cops with ease while only having 2 other people with me. I realize this might be harder now with the stair case added but it is still doable.

Edit: so it should be doable with 10. Recruit more, and improve.

First off, to fail a 20v3 bank defense just stands to demonstrate my point that it’s the APD that needs to train their people if they feel they aren’t winning enough, not asking for a gang cap raise and then blaming the enemy gang for not keeping up with their numbers. 

Second, you still haven’t addressed my previous comments. You just restated your position without any supporting argumentation. 
 

Third, do you expect the entire civ base to “git guud” until they can 4v20+respawns because removing cop cap is going to require civs to do just that. Oh wait, except they won’t because that’s unrealistic and they’ll just go play another game.

1 hour ago, Sp0on said:

shut the fuck up

With such brilliant reasoning skills and private insight, thank god we have people like you helping to guide server development.

Edited by pr0digyt
Filemón likes this

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, pr0digyt said:

First off, to fail a 20v3 bank defense just stands to demonstrate my point that it’s the APD that needs to train their people if they feel they aren’t winning enough, not asking for a gang cap raise and then blaming the enemy gang for not keeping up with their numbers. 

Second, you still haven’t addressed my previous comments. You just restated your position without any supporting argumentation. 
 

Third, do you expect the entire civ base to “git guud” until they can 4v20+respawns because removing cop cap is going to require civs to do just that. Oh wait, except they won’t because that’s unrealistic and they’ll just go play another game.

With such brilliant reasoning skills and private insight, thank god we have people like you helping to guide server development.

I'll admit you are quite good at debating. I still think your reasoning is flawed for the simple reason that you haven't had the chance to experience the side of my argument.

Share this post


Link to post

Tbf it goes both ways.

Not fun doing a bank against 7 cops, the more cops the more action as a rebel being honest. Unless you are busy fighting cartels obviously.

Let's say im playing with 4-5 other guys and we do a bank against 15+ cops that's a fun time 👍

Chow Mein likes this

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Steve said:

I'll admit you are quite good at debating. I still think your reasoning is flawed for the simple reason that you haven't had the chance to experience the side of my argument.

In logic, we call that a genetic fallacy. This is the same bad argument that modern feminists make to argue that men are not allowed to have an opinion on abortion, since they don't experience childbirth, or the argument creationists make when they argue your reasoning is flawed because you haven't experienced personally the one true love and divine insight of our holy lord. 

What, specifically, have I not experienced? Being good enough to contest multiple times my team's numbers? I'll accept the charge for the sake of argument. Suppose I'm shit and everyone else is shit. How the hell are you going to say "you're all shit and we're going to buff your enemies anyway"? How did you get from "You haven't experienced being good" to "Thus we must raise the gang cap for APD"?

The server doesn't have civs that are prepared, that are good enough, to fight a larger APD. Until it does, the cap has to stay.

Edited by pr0digyt

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, pr0digyt said:

In logic, we call that a genetic fallacy. This is the same bad argument that modern feminists make to argue that men are not allowed to have an opinion on abortion, since they don't experience childbirth, or the argument creationists when they argue your reasoning is flawed because you haven't experienced personally the one true love and divine insight of our holy lord. 

What, specifically, have I not experienced? Being good enough to contest multiple times my team's numbers? I'll accept the charge for the sake of argument. Suppose I'm shit and everyone else is shit. How the hell are you going to say "you're all shit and we're going to buff your enemies anyway"? How did you get from "You haven't experienced being good" to "Thus we must raise the gang cap for APD"?

Looks like you are overthinking this super hard atm.

Imagine our server being at 115 people online playing, only 15 of them can be cops atm. Having that number increased with lets say 5 or so would not make that big of a difference. It looks like you think the APD is some super gang with infinite numbers and they all have the power of Thanos camping Meth cartel.

thero, GO7NEY and Chow Mein like this

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, bigjohn561 said:

@Mitch (IFRIT) 

Only people complaining is the career cops. 8 rebels start a bank against the 7 cops. 8v7.. No cap means it becomes a 8 rebels against 20+ cops. Everyone knows when u start a event more cops log in when they see people moving in the channels. The events are already rare as it is (Real ones) . u remove cap it will be rare again. The current gangs that are around right now will be lucky to get 8 people online and skilled enough to fight these events.

Higher ups complained that they are not able to log in and help out the fight? Ok? So they lose the fight This time. Alot of times a event is only started if certain cops are online. Ive seen a event get started and then 4 admins pop in channel just to fight. Now the 8 rebels are fighting against 12+ and 4+ are 7.62 which are most likely going to sit out and snipe ya. 

I love when people bring up this argument.  You realize there are multiple gangs/groups on at once right?  So it's not 8 v 20 or whatever.  Yeah maybe for a short bit at a fed event (which is defend for rebels giving them advantage) but it's really 8 + 6 + 9 + 3 + 5 + and so on v 20 for cops overall especially when multiple fed events are going on at once. 

Chow Mein likes this

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Rodrigo said:

It looks like you think the APD is some super gang with infinite numbers and they all have the power of Thanos camping Meth cartel.

They were a super gang with infinite numbers that had the power of Thanos camping Meth cartel when the server died. It took entirely too long to get them under control. Right now, they're not a super gang with infinite numbers of elite soldiers. The APD is pretty trash all around, heavily carried by just a few good shots and the few people who can pull armour. The problem is the rebels are worse. Rebels are terrible right now. I'm pretty sure we need to sit on our hands until rebels get unwashed/ train some new kids. Then I'm all for a cap raise.

17 minutes ago, Destrah said:

I love when people bring up this argument.  You realize there are multiple gangs/groups on at once right?  So it's not 8 v 20 or whatever.  Yeah maybe for a short bit at a fed event (which is defend for rebels giving them advantage) but it's really 8 + 6 + 9 + 3 + 5 + and so on v 20 for cops overall especially when multiple fed events are going on at once. 

When considering balance, I look at any particular fight. I don't say, "There are 6cops v 7bls here, and 8cops v 9recursion there so cops are OP because it's 9 recursion against 14 cops." 

Edited by pr0digyt

Share this post


Link to post

Trust me man, cops have never been a super gang, never will. Before we got v2 out and running me and some other guys were the only one's fighting the cops, giving them a proper fight. They got smacked every single day, they were tired of showing up because they knew it was the same group doing all the banks, feds, prison etc. They even changed it to a 2 life rule, before you were forced to show up until the situation was over. 

But yeah I agree the rebels are worse than they used to be. hopefully that will change in the future.

I didn't use to be a " career cop " like I am now, but I wish the cops were like they are now when I was only playing civ. Would have been more of a challenge and alot of more fun it it was. Remember the cops are on the server to give the civs/rebels a run for their money aswell. And look at our server right now 80 people online only 4 of them are cops.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Rodrigo said:

Look at our server right now 80 people online only 4 of them are cops.

With a man of your playtime, we both know this is a minority case and the player counts do not look like that consistently. The entire catalyst of this discussion was that there were too many cops trying to log in for the slots to handle.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, pr0digyt said:

With a man of your playtime, we both know this is a minority case and the player counts do not look like that consistently. The entire catalyst of this discussion was that there were too many cops trying to log in for the slots to handle.

It's been like this the last weeks, but yeah the main issue is to few slots for cops to use.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...