A Needed Cartel Update

As i am sure it has been said before, the cartels should get a buff as well as more information should be provided. Nobody is fighting cartels as much as the old days and it blows so here’s how i see could help bring it back. 

Provide more information about each cartel in the gang bank. I know it is easier said than done but what about adding another button under withdraw and deposit that says something like “Money Intake” or something like that where it shows all three of the cartels that bring money into the gang bank. Maybe something else that shows the last 10 cartel caps that also shows who was on cap, how long they were there/ held the cartel, as well as the money it took in. Even if this wasn’t added to your in game menus it would also be cool to see this on the new asylum stats page for the gang area.

Ex:

Drug Cartel - $50,000 - Held for 1 Hour(s) - Captured by [ zdeat - 20, Leroy Jenkins - 17, Hoodlum Priest - 8 ] 

( Numbers at the end would mean the time they were on cap )

Something that could possibly help with more cartel fighting is increase the amount of money it takes in, while still taking away the current amount of money from a person selling something without a cartel ( if that makes sense ). These are just ideas what do you guys think?

Edited by zdeat
Yuki Hayami and breezy like this

Cartels shouldn't have to generate extra money over the processing cuts taken.  If you own a cartel, you have the advantage of no cut while processing, take advantage of that when you can.  Honestly, the 2 best cartels to own are Wongs and Oil.  They probably bring in the most money.  Arms & Drug are more "for the fight" cartels.

As for the stats, i'd like to see a cartel section on the stats page that shows what each cartel generated per day and lengths of ownership.  i think that'd be interesting.  What they don't need is individual stats like "time in cap" just so those Boomer gang leaders can figure out gang paychecks...

I see your point and I was hoping for this to come to because fights are dead. I understand gang life is dead but as of right now there is nothing encouraging gang life in the first place if they put some things like this is in the game maybe some rats will fight. However when it comes to tracking how much each of you get you can just use a simple point spreadsheet. Someone told me back in the day there would be money generating even when no one was doing runs or buying guns. If it was like that again I would not complain. Im one of the richest people on the server yet the cartels still don't pay enough to be worth the fight sometimes.

I always find this topic hard.  "in the old days" gangs would fight just for the ability to say they shit on whoever and they gained some money. There wasn't as much scheduled fighting iirc. Now today, we have to make it content driven to encourage fights. And if my time here so far has taught me anything. No matter what we implement into the server. People will still not use that mechanic to fight. I believe there are things that we can implement to help encourage it. But I don't see any true rebels giving a hell about the money intake via a phone app. But what do i know. 

6 hours ago, Mason Statham said:

People nowadays want self sustainable fights where you can actually live off the money or things you get from fighting other then having to do runs.

The federal reserve.

1 hour ago, breezy said:

I see your point and I was hoping for this to come to because fights are dead. I understand gang life is dead but as of right now there is nothing encouraging gang life in the first place if they put some things like this is in the game maybe some rats will fight. However when it comes to tracking how much each of you get you can just use a simple point spreadsheet. Someone told me back in the day there would be money generating even when no one was doing runs or buying guns. If it was like that again I would not complain. Im one of the richest people on the server yet the cartels still don't pay enough to be worth the fight sometimes.

To make the cartel worth it you gotta hold it. So what I mean by that is, if your gang holds drug for 3-4 hours a gang might finally contest it when you are doing x/y/z with your gang. In that time frame you could make it worth holding. Additionally, the reason gangs made so much off the cartels back in the day is for two reasons, number 1 they held them for at least 8 hours of the day. The second reason is that there were gangs that would encourage people to run meth under their protection, and effectively gave them the ultimatum that if they didn't run meth when they had the cartel they weren't gonna run meth at all.

6 hours ago, Mason Statham said:

People nowadays want self sustainable fights where you can actually live off the money or things you get from fighting other then having to do runs.

It's almost as if people want to sustain fun gameplay with fun gameplay instead of funding their activities with sitting still "gather barley" gameplay.

1 hour ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

But I don't see any true rebels giving a hell about the money intake via a phone app. But what do i know. 

Demand is too low as only a small % of the server actually fights cartels. Not worth development time imo.

Edited by pr0digyt
Yuki Hayami likes this
50 minutes ago, Steve said:

The federal reserve

You need a decent amount of people to hold gates drill etc cover and w/e I usually get on with a couple of other people fight a couple cartels fuck about and get off. Just speaking from what I see from other servers which actually offer self sustaining fights people seem to prefer to play them to fight

1 hour ago, Steve said:

To make the cartel worth it you gotta hold it. So what I mean by that is, if your gang holds drug for 3-4 hours a gang might finally contest it when you are doing x/y/z with your gang. In that time frame you could make it worth holding. Additionally, the reason gangs made so much off the cartels back in the day is for two reasons, number 1 they held them for at least 8 hours of the day. The second reason is that there were gangs that would encourage people to run meth under their protection, and effectively gave them the ultimatum that if they didn't run meth when they had the cartel they weren't gonna run meth at all.

Lol yeah ik we owned the cartels pretty much everyday all day and made a lot but my point is that there is no encouragement to fight when they lose the cartel in 5 mins and only make 5k. I hate to bring up olympus but just for example you make a fuck ton on olympus compared to the server and that's my theory on why olympus fights are much bigger but idk. I'm just stating my opinion because I was to roll up to cartels and fight and not have to wait 3 hours for one fight.

55 minutes ago, breezy said:

Lol yeah ik we owned the cartels pretty much everyday all day and made a lot but my point is that there is no encouragement to fight when they lose the cartel in 5 mins and only make 5k. I hate to bring up olympus but just for example you make a fuck ton on olympus compared to the server and that's my theory on why olympus fights are much bigger but idk. I'm just stating my opinion because I was to roll up to cartels and fight and not have to wait 3 hours for one fight.

That’s why i think increasing the amount it brings in is a better idea. It would make other gangs almost have to go cap a cartel so they don’t lose out on money.

3 hours ago, breezy said:

Steve lowkey triggers me but then makes me laugh in these threads. Where's oblivion?

I haven't been putting in the necessary effort to make my gang as active or as big as it could be. That's on me and me alone, not the game design.

Edit: there is no group cap any more to stop you from having an army of players if you tried hard enough.

On 12/10/2019 at 2:28 PM, breezy said:

I think he’s talking about bad blood