Lucien

Suggestions Thread

Bounty Hunter Suggestions

Spoiler
  • Allow master crusader bounty bonus to not be effected by the bounty reward cap
    • Could have its own cap to prevent people from making ridiculous amounts of money off of unusually high bounties
  • Allow master crusader bounty bonus to be shared with groupmates if the bounty is shared
    • Will encourage those running with groups to become a master crusader instead of apex predator, which is much better for team play
  • Allow apex predator to buy lethal mags for other bounty hunter guns at skip
    • Spar-16, TRG, Vermin all have lethal mags available at rebel, no reason to not let apex predators to get them if they can buy mx lethals.
  • "Lockpick and a Dream" currently gives the BH a discount on vehicle claiming. Would be nice to also have a bonus on vehicle chopping.
  • For the love of god please allow people to spend excess honor on something.
    • Even if it is just a new title that gives a global discount on bounty hunter equipment at 100k excess honor or something.
  • Add medical at skiptracer or modify an honor talent to allow us to buy it there

Cop Suggestions

Spoiler
  • Allow prestige gain to correlate to bounty value when sending a target to jail, instead of the bounty reward cap.
    • No reason to get the same amount of prestige for sending a 200k bounty and a 1mil bounty
  • Be rewarded prestige for seizing illegal vehicles
    • Should only be for illegal vehicles to not encourage people to be dicks
  • Add various random non overpowered weapons to the undercover corporal shop, now that the downing script is a scroll wheel option for all ranks
    • No reason for corporals to not be able to roll around with guns such as the Katiba, PDW, AKS-74u, and the CAR-95
  • Remove the script that checks if people are in combat and prevents vehicle seizing.
    • Can create situations where an illegal vehicle can never be seized including after a 1 minute timer because its slightly too close to something like a fed, even when it wasn't involved in the fight
    • Just rely on IAs to punish people for it instead of something ingame please
  • Remove police vr suit from non-UC clothing shop because AFAIK the captains don't want non-UC cops wearing it

Rebel Suggestions

Spoiler
  • When/If the war system is added back, add a war point shop
    • Considering there are now weapons only available through specific activities (Zafir), somethings to add could include mags only for the zafir, etc
  • Remove ability to sell gold bars at turfs
  • If hunters are going to be somewhat illegal might as well sell them for cheaper than ifrits at rebel as well.

General Civ Suggestions

Spoiler
  • Remove restriction of donor rewards to skip/rebel
    • No reason I have to buy my black qilins/prowlers/etc at only one of the shops
  • Add wetsuits and civ clothing shop specific items (messenger bag, etc) to both skiptracer and rebel clothing shops
  • Various monthly/weekly buffs to activites
    • For example fed bars sell more for a period of time, encouraging people to do more feds, etc
    • Monthly buffs to federal events/weekly buffs to certain drugs runs maybe?
  • Add titles/achievements with effects to the server for doing various things
    • Effects only work when title is equipped
    • Examples could include "Designated Driller" - Drill 50 Fed/Bank Vaults successfully - 25% off diamond tipped drills; "Executioner" - Execute 150 people - bounty reduction for executing others; "Terrorist" - Use 50 suicide vests - 25% off grenades (Just some starting suggestions)
  • Lower price of the tracksuit as it is not csat - from the 6k it is to a reasonable not armored price - added to list 1/12/19

As you might be able to tell, I play mostly cop and bounty hunter and may be kind of biased. Therefore, feel free to post feedback/constructive criticism below.

Edited by Lucien

12 minutes ago, DankBud said:

all sound good but one....How come take out selling gold bars at turf? It makes sense to go to a turf over a rebel most times imo (situation dependent)..

Its both a positive and a negative for those who do feds. Owning rodopoli makes smash and grabs much easier, and for those doing real feds it greatly decreases the risk of doing them, as turfs are not redzones most of the time and you would be unlikely to find a guy with a sui hiding there. However by selling your gold bars at a turf, there is a faster police response with no restriction on entering the area. If you go to rebel, you just have to wipe the cops most of the time and thats the fight. While it does make sense to go to the turf over the rebel outpost, it also ruins the endgame feel of the content. 

A compromise could be that selling gold bars at a turf decreases the value.

Also I am not sure if it is even intended as AFAIK it wasn't in V1.

JamieH, Donald Clinton and DankBud like this

Just now, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

I am traveling again sadly. Will be back at desktop tomorrow night. I'll take another look.

Just now, Bag Of Funyuns said:

How dare you have a life

On 12/25/2019 at 6:10 PM, Lucien said:

Hide contents
  • Allow master crusader bounty bonus to not be effected by the bounty reward cap
    • Could have its own cap to prevent people from making ridiculous amounts of money off of unusually high bounties
    • So you want us to remove a cap in pay, to allow higher bounites to be claimed, just to add another cap in pay? Since that money comes from thin air, and is easily exploitable. And 90 percent of the bounties that are turned in are RDM'd in the first place to obtain that bounty. No. The cap will stay where it currently  is, but i will look at a across the board increase in the future. 
  • Allow master crusader bounty bonus to be shared with groupmates if the bounty is shared 
    • Will encourage those running with groups to become a master crusader instead of apex predator, which is much better for team play
    • Let's make this happen 
    • Spar-16, TRG, Vermin all have lethal mags available at rebel, no reason to not let apex predators to get them if they can buy mx lethals.
    • Lethal and non lethal ammo will remain where it is at. I don't see the need for a BH to really have access to lethal mags, especially since the purpose isn't to kill in the first place. 
  • "Lockpick and a Dream" currently gives the BH a discount on vehicle claiming. Would be nice to also have a bonus on vehicle chopping.
  • I think the benefit for that talent within that system is appropriate. I do not see the need to add anything further to it
    • Even if it is just a new title that gives a global discount on bounty hunter equipment at 100k excess honor or something.
    • I wonder what could be done. At some point, every faction will have excess prestige, honor and infamy. I think we should take some time to explore the options that can address all the systems.
  • Add medical at skiptracer or modify an honor talent to allow us to buy it there
  • Let's make it happen

Cop Suggestions

Hide contents
  • Allow prestige gain to correlate to bounty value when sending a target to jail, instead of the bounty reward cap.
    • No reason to get the same amount of prestige for sending a 200k bounty and a 1mil bounty
    • If we choose to raise the minimum bounty as stated above, we can look into increasing this.
    • Let's make it happen
  • Add various random non overpowered weapons to the undercover corporal shop, now that the downing script is a scroll wheel option for all ranks
    • No reason for corporals to not be able to roll around with guns such as the Katiba, PDW, AKS-74u, and the CAR-95
    • I will defer to the APD leadership. If they wish their force to have these weapons, I wouldn't have an issue. 
  • Remove the script that checks if people are in combat and prevents vehicle seizing.
    • Can create situations where an illegal vehicle can never be seized including after a 1 minute timer because its slightly too close to something like a fed, even when it wasn't involved in the fight
    • That's going to remain. We have had to proven too many times that we can't just rely on the ability for people to be aware of the misconduct being done to them, or the ability for them to appropriately report it.
  • Remove police vr suit from non-UC clothing shop because AFAIK the captains don't want non-UC cops wearing it
  • If that's in the shop, then it's not needed there. 

Rebel Suggestions

Hide contents
    • Considering there are now weapons only available through specific activities (Zafir), somethings to add could include mags only for the zafir, etc
    • While we fine tune the lock up, we will keep it where it's at for now. If we add a new event to the server, we could look at the mag idea. But it's intended to be a limited resource as it is.
  • Done
  • If hunters are going to be somewhat illegal might as well sell them for cheaper than ifrits at rebel as well.
  • People get shot out of those quickly, I have a hard time believing there is a demand for that 

General Civ Suggestions

Hide contents
    • that's a good idea. If development can make that happen. That would be great!
  • Add wetsuits and civ clothing shop specific items (messenger bag, etc) to both skiptracer and rebel clothing shops
  • Sure
    • For example fed bars sell more for a period of time, encouraging people to do more feds, etc
    • Buffs are always a tricky ordeal. Due to people exploiting those perks in the past, we are pretty limited. I think we have a general buff to how much people make off with at the bank and fed. 
    • Examples could include "Designated Driller" - Drill 50 Fed/Bank Vaults successfully - 25% off diamond tipped drills; "Executioner" - Execute 150 people - bounty reduction for executing others; "Terrorist" - Use 50 suicide vests - 25% off grenades (Just some starting suggestions)
    • Coming in the future.
  • Lower price of the tracksuit as it is not csat - from the 6k it is to a reasonable not armored price - added to list 1/12/19
  • Some prices are being reworked for the better across the rebel shop.

As you might be able to tell, I play mostly cop and bounty hunter and may be kind of biased. Therefore, feel free to post feedback/constructive criticism below.

Batcan and Bag Of Funyuns like this

13 minutes ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

Mx needs to be legal otherwise we end up with unnecessary violence between bounty hunters and cops. Situation ends up with a bunch of restrained and blindfolded cops or rebels losing bounties they worked hard for because they have an illegal gun and then they lose their gear and license. Same with spar-16 no reason for it to be illegal.

Edited by Batcan

2 minutes ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

Hide contents
    • So you want us to remove a cap in pay, to allow higher bounites to be claimed, just to add another cap in pay? Since that money comes from thin air, and is easily exploitable. And 90 percent of the bounties that are turned in are RDM'd in the first place to obtain that bounty. No. The cap will stay where it currently  is, but i will look at a across the board increase in the future. 
      • I was not referencing an increase to the cap of normal bounty reward, but instead referencing that when you process someone as a master crusader - giving you a 50% bonus on their bounty - the 50% bonus is being lumped into the original bounty reward cap, making it pointless to master crusade bounties close to reward cap as it won't give you additional rewards. What I am proposing would basically be in the specific instance of master crusading at skiptracer, the cap would be 150% of the normal cap - allowing the perk to actually have a use on high bounties. My original suggestions was pretty unclear about what I meant.
    • Let's make this happen 
    • Lethal and non lethal ammo will remain where it is at. I don't see the need for a BH to really have access to lethal mags, especially since the purpose isn't to kill in the first place. 
      • To be fair they wouldn't be available to everyone, as access to lethal mags is already restricted to a 50k honor end of tree perk at the end of the dedicated "criminal" tree
  • I think the benefit for that talent within that system is appropriate. I do not see the need to add anything further to it
    • I wonder what could be done. At some point, every faction will have excess prestige, honor and infamy. I think we should take some time to explore the options that can address all the systems.
      • I have seen various suggestions before, such as transfering prestige/honor/infamy into cash, a prestige/honor/infamy shop, basically just a sink that could encourage people to still grind
  • Let's make it happen

Cop Suggestions

Hide contents
    • If we choose to raise the minimum bounty as stated above, we can look into increasing this.
      • I don't remember if it was like this in V1, but in both V1 and V2 bounty hunter honor gain was not hindered by the cap ex. sending a 600k bounty would give you 600k worth of honor but not a 600k paycheck
    • Let's make it happen
    • I will defer to the APD leadership. If they wish their force to have these weapons, I wouldn't have an issue. 
    • That's going to remain. We have had to proven too many times that we can't just rely on the ability for people to be aware of the misconduct being done to them, or the ability for them to appropriately report it.
      • If it will remain, could the radius be reduced in terms of the combat check if thats possible? Sometimes there are cops being shot at/shooting 1km away, a few hundred meters would be more appropriate
  • If that's in the shop, then it's not needed there. 

Rebel Suggestions

Hide contents
    • While we fine tune the lock up, we will keep it where it's at for now. If we add a new event to the server, we could look at the mag idea. But it's intended to be a limited resource as it is.
  • Done
  • People get shot out of those quickly, I have a hard time believing there is a demand for that 

General Civ Suggestions

Hide contents
    • that's a good idea. If development can make that happen. That would be great!
  • Sure
    • Buffs are always a tricky ordeal. Due to people exploiting those perks in the past, we are pretty limited. I think we have a general buff to how much people make off with at the bank and fed. 
    • Coming in the future.
  • Some prices are being reworked for the better across the rebel shop.