Lucien

Legalize the MX / Other BH Stuff Poll

Bounty Hunter Related Poll - Read post before voting  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Legalize the MX

2. 2. Bounty Hunter Hunter

• Remove ability to pull without talent because who cares about hunters and make it legal again no matter what
    • Keep it the way it is (Illegal without license)
  3. 3. Skiptracer & Cops

• Prevent cops from going to skip whenever they want because its similar to a rebel now that you can buy illegal firearms and its not an illegal area
    • Keep it the way it is (no restrictions)

The following post is based on my observations as an apd officer, a bounty hunter, and the opinions and statements of other community members.

I would like to start with the legality of the mx. First, I would like to start off by posting the APD Guidebook's reasoning for seizing a bounty hunter's license.

You should seize a Bounty Hunter's license if:

1. You witness them commit a crime worth $2,500 or more (that they do not have roleplay justification for)
  2. They have a charge of "Bounty Hunter Execution".

Naturally, with most bounty hunters still wielding a mx, a majority of APD officers are given a reason to seize their bounty hunter license just due to having an illegal firearm. Most officers from my experience ignore the second part which references roleplay justification. A majority of officers do not properly follow this as they will just seize a BH license along with their illegal firearms. I do my best while on or off duty to correct these misconceptions, however that in the current state of the apd, where the quality of constables is lower than in the past, by giving the officer the discretion of whether something is roleplay justification or not is a bad idea. If the mx was legalized, you would not have the complication of possibly losing your license by solely doing your job. When there were community polls in the past, a majority of people who wanted to nerf bounty hunters was from a civ vs bh perspective, instead of apd and bh relations. With the mx being made illegal, the only thing that has been effected from my point of view has been how apd officers treat bounty hunters. A legal faction that is intended to enforce the law should not automatically be at odds with the police due to not wanting to use the dogshit gun that is the TRG. A bad idea that could be improved by just reverting the decision. This would not in anyway effect a BH actually fighting the cops with their mx, as they would still be able to seize it, so I do not see why it needs to be illegal.

Now onto the bounty hunter hunter.

By making a vehicles legallity dependent on whether someone has the license or not, then a variety of problems can arrive in admittedly common situations. Most people will not pull out a hunter if they are not a bounty hunter. There is no reason to as they would have access to ifrits, a superior vehicle in all regards and would be just as illegal to drive. By having a confusing legality around the hunter, a hunter could be seized by accident by people seizing a BH license/the owner was sent to prison and got out when the pulled it legally etc. These are a few situations where the legality becomes a grey area and this is a very weird policy to have overall compared to the old way where you needed the license to pull it. 

Skiptracer APD policies

Skiptracer is frequently visited by police officers due to the high number of pings. This is in part due the fact that there are some bugs with bounty hunters being charged for unlawful detainment of their friends bounties, etc. Almost everytime someone with a bounty visits skiptracer, I see a ping on cop. Skiptracer has basically no policies on it similar to gang turfs as it is not an illegal area and there are no restrictions on entering. If the mx and hunter stay illegal (situational for the hunter) then there is no reason not to have some sort of policy for checking it as it becomes a pseudo-rebel base where criminals buy illegal firearms, illegal y inventory, and illegal vehicles. Obviously if the previous two points are popular and agreeable with the masses and are implemented, then this point is obsolute and the current guidebook rules for entering skiptracer (none) are fine.

I would like to remind people looking at poll results that bounty hunter is a minority faction, and due to the high amounts of conflict and saltiness that it can cause people will be inclined to vote against these ideas in the poll. It is expected that a poll about bounty hunter would be skewed in the negative against anything involving not fucking them over. 

- Lucien, Assistant to the self appointed Head Bounty Hunter Rep

How about no? People figured out that you can do feds/banks/prisons/etc a lot easier if you just down the cops instead of straight killing them and it's been pure fucking aids the last couple of days responding to the shit cause you just get downed repeatedly for 15 minutes. 

InvictusTheReaper and Patato like this

19 minutes ago, Reformed epTic said:

How about no? People figured out that you can do feds/banks/prisons/etc a lot easier if you just down the cops instead of straight killing them and it's been pure fucking aids the last couple of days responding to the shit cause you just get downed repeatedly for 15 minutes. 

I dont see the difference with you being downed if the mx is legal or not... its just a 2.5k charge and I doubt any rebel that is robbing a bank is thinking about their bounty...

if it really is a problem, make it so if someone in your group has a illegal gun, then your mx becomes illegal.

22 minutes ago, Reformed epTic said:

Don't see how this effects that

45 minutes ago, Reformed epTic said:

glad a 2.5k charge is going to stop that. The mx being illegal causes unnecessary conflict with the police when bounty hunters are minding their own business trying to bounty hunt. It's the only viable option when fighting rebels. If they have mxes get armored vehicles and it will be 10x harder for them to get you. 

Bag Of Funyuns likes this

43 minutes ago, Batcan said:

glad a 2.5k charge is going to stop that. The mx being illegal causes unnecessary conflict with the police when bounty hunters are minding their own business trying to bounty hunt. It's the only viable option when fighting rebels. If they have mxes get armored vehicles and it will be 10x harder for them to get you. 

just get armored vehicles 4head

just sit in the armored vehicles and let them drive away 4head

2 hours ago, Reformed epTic said:

This is far from new, been that way for ages.  Its a phase theyll get over in a few weeks once they get bored of not bounty boosting.

1 hour ago, Batcan said:

Nothing like forcing a legal faction to fight cops for no good reason

PowerPuff Political uprising they want the bounty hunter Justice. 

6 hours ago, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

interested to see poll results 

Polls are kinda surprising. some of what is said makes sense to a degree But the bug for BH  number one needs to be fixed. I find cops using it for a reason to stop people or like @Lucien said giving people pings in skip when its not necessary there fault

6 hours ago, Lucien said:

I would like to remind people looking at poll results that bounty hunter is a minority faction, and due to the high amounts of conflict and saltiness that it can cause people will be inclined to vote against these ideas in the poll. It is expected that a poll about bounty hunter would be skewed in the negative against anything involving not fucking them over. 

I can agree being caught by a BH is one of the most annoying things but at least help that faction by fixing the bugs in it so no one will get fucked over by it 

i for one would vote to end these monster but sadly it wont happen and people enjoy doing it so might as well hear out some ideas.

Edited by Ethan Darrell
EDITS

As far as I'm aware the reason for the MX becoming illegal was so that bounty hunters weren't able to kidnap cops/steal bounties so easily because they would no longer be able to stroll up to a cop and gain an 'upper-hand' with no consequences, the cop obviously knowing what's to come.

In my opinion this didn't remedy that at all but to a degree made it worse, because now bounty hunters are forced into an engagement simply because they don't want to lose the gun they're using to do the job of a (mostly) LEGAL faction. Adding to this, most of the time the cops will end up getting kidnapped for a significant amount of time because the bounty hunter doesn't wanna let the cop go to lose a $6k gun, a $6.5k license, and any charges the cops may stack ontop of that. That's a ~$15k penalty for attempting to bounty hunt in populated areas where a lot of bounties are, such as towns.

This was the completely wrong way to go about it, you could've increased the price of the MX so that people are more concerned about losing it, make it a reward for an honor talent (one of the 25k ones?), or maybe even have to buy it with honor. (200 honor maybe, since that's the honor equivalent of $10k)

If the devs insist on keeping it illegal, at least legalise the Spar-16. I read in Discord that Henry's reasoning for making it illegal was because it's illegal for rebels. ???? The Vermin, Sting, PO7 and TRG are also illegal for rebels.

Obviously there may be some bias here since I bounty hunt A LOT of the time, but I genuinely see no benefit to this particular change for any faction. It doesn't make a difference for rebels and the MX being illegal just adds more complications for cops.

6 hours ago, Space said:

As far as I'm aware the reason for the MX becoming illegal was so that bounty hunters weren't able to kidnap cops/steal bounties so easily because they would no longer be able to stroll up to a cop and gain an 'upper-hand' with no consequences, the cop obviously knowing what's to come

Cops need to secure the bounty better. Its not surprise that a bounty hunter is going to try and steal the bounty, have an MX or PO7 really makes not difference to be honest.  Its probably easier with a lower caliber weapon to be honest.

Space likes this