Open a new server

Just now, Sheriff Rick said:

Opening another server splits population.

Splitting population makes the server boring

Making the server boring makes less people want to play

Making less people want to play gives no reason for a second server

Which then makes people want to close down the second server

Which then makes people complain about waiting to get on the server

Which causes people to want have another server opened

Just now, Sheriff Rick said:

Opening another server splits population.

Splitting population makes the server boring

Making the server boring makes less people want to play

Making less people want to play gives no reason for a second server

Which then makes people want to close down the second server

Which then makes people complain about waiting to get on the server

Which causes people to want have another server opened

Spoiler

I think you get the idea

Yuki Hayami and Sheriff Rick like this
28 minutes ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

This.

One server is great, we get as many people on there as we can at all times. We will never have to worry about it being a split pop and the issues that come along with it.

Are there any plans to increase the player slots? Cause I mean the more the merrier.

Edited by Dillon
Yuki Hayami likes this
8 hours ago, Lucien said:

Other servers have much higher caps that have been tweaked slowly over the years no reason we can't work to be stable on here too making and testing slight increases

The unfortunate thing is that a lot of those servers are hardcore rp servers that don't have as much of the huge gunfights we have on here. The only time I see any lag now a days is when it's in a massive gun fight almost always only a few seconds long or it's directly tied a particular player. Just a bit of vehicle dsync or something. So perhaps it isn't possible to achieve that high population cap with the bigger groups fighting. However, in the event it is I would agree that it would be in our best interest to take our time with it if we decide to go with it. Perhaps even increasing it one slot at a time if it's decided that increasing is the right move somewhere down the road.

Edited by Steve
Grammatical/wording fix
Yuki Hayami likes this
13 minutes ago, Steve said:

The unfortunate thing is that a lot of those servers are hardcore rp servers that don't have as much of the huge gunfights we have on here. The only time I see any lag now a days is when it's in a massive gun fight and people and it's for a short time. Just a bit of vehicle dsync or something. So perhaps it isn't possible to achieve that high population cap with the bigger groups fighting. However, in the event it is I would agree that it would be in our best interest to take our time with it if we decide to go with it. Perhaps even increasing it one slot at a time if it's decided that increasing is the right move somewhere down the road.

Gay do it 5 at a time

7 hours ago, Batcan said:

Gay do it 5 at a time

Well I mean I guess you could but I just don't want something to slip through the cracks if a problem arises. It took the devs a long time to find the issue with the prison that caused all the server lag and crashes. So maybe 1 at a time isn't entirely necessary, but better safe then sorry. This is all under the assumption that it's possible

Yuki Hayami likes this

maric is right if you guys want to grow asylum make anuther server its not really a bad thing when you look at it the  right way you got people that are dedicated on wanting to play 

there are times were I see asylum 1 at max pop at 1:00 in the after noon. I meen hell its not bad to have a sec server up will its take time to populate yes but common people this is 

2020 its time to start growing asylum we cant be stuck on 1 server for ever what about all them people that are trying to play but its max pop that's probably a lot of people. 

but will you guys make anuther server probably not but that's fine but remember this is 2020 the time to grow is now don't let all them people that are trying to get into a server that is max                                                                                                                                   pop suffer 

hope you enjoy what I wrote and maybe some day you guys will decide on weather to make anuther server 

we have over come so much big thanks to all the new and old mods/admins/people that have steped down so new admins/mods/devs that saved are server.

Nenja likes this
19 hours ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

This.

One server is great, we get as many people on there as we can at all times. We will never have to worry about it being a split pop and the issues that come along with it.

@Mitch (IFRIT) I'd likely pay for the first month of a second server if you'd say how much it costs.

Edited by Maric