RE: Second Server

Hey all, 

Due to the uptick in people calling for a second server. I wanted to show you what my reasoning is for keeping us at one server. In this link, you will see a comparison between Asylum and Olympus. The time stamps are in military time and located in the central time zone. You can see the difference between the two community's during these times. 

I know in the past, we have gone back and forth on a second server. I do not intend for us to bring back a second server. If that should change, I will let you know!

Multiple screenshots in this link.

https://imgur.com/gallery/WYcjJfK

Guys... Its the first fucking week of January.  Here is the cycle....

August - Nov -  Good Student Month cant be bothered to play games.  (Population hovers 80-90 Peak)

December - Jan - I'm off school fuck it lets game (100+ peak)

February - April - Back to School fuck me (80-90 Peak)

May - June - Finals boy... fuck (70-80 Peak)

July - August - Summer FUCK YA (100+ Peak)

This is the way its always been.  December and January were so good while me and Bada first became owners we kept S3 open.  You know how much money we could have recouped not listening to this damn community?  Quite a fucking bit.

Trust me, keep to one server, learn to spam in, and you'll be good.

Mason, Quenton, Shepurd and 13 others like this
1 hour ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

Hey all, 

Due to the uptick in people calling for a second server. I wanted to show you what my reasoning is for keeping us at one server. In this link, you will see a comparison between Asylum and Olympus. The time stamps are in military time and located in the central time zone. You can see the difference between the two community's during these times. 

I know in the past, we have gone back and forth on a second server. I do not intend for us to bring back a second server. If that should change, I will let you know!

Multiple screenshots in this link.

https://imgur.com/gallery/WYcjJfK

Up the slots by 10-15, problem solved.

Kawaii likes this
17 minutes ago, Crossfade said:

What about opening S2 just on the weekends and if you choose to own a house on there then you know its only available on the weekend. would give more people the chance to play on the weekend while not breaking the bank xD

I'm gonna answer for Mitch.

NO

45 minutes ago, Kyle_ said:

@Mitch (IFRIT) Up the player slots instead of opening a new server?

Here's what we learned early on.

130+ toward reboot we would see significant desync, almost unplayable lagswitch type.

120-125 was desync riddled for the amount of combat we were seeing

110-115 was a sweet spot, anything more than that you would see desync.

Before you all say "WELL THIS RUSSIAN SERVER HAS 200"

They dont have the combat we do.  Period.  There is a reason most KOTH servers are 100/100.

1 hour ago, Crossfade said:

What about opening S2 just on the weekends and if you choose to own a house on there then you know its only available on the weekend. would give more people the chance to play on the weekend while not breaking the bank xD

If youre going to pay for 2 servers you going to need to be able to have them up at all times. No one wants to pay for a server thats not being used.

Edited by HotWings
9 minutes ago, Pizza Man said:

Every time I check, their servers are full ... (screenshot taken at 10:30pm est)
Yd9y4ay.png

Right. You can often check during peak time and see they are. But what I've shown you, and others here, is what it's like during non peak times. It's not intended to be a us versus them. But we are most similar to each other, so it's the best place to compare to. 

1 hour ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

Right. You can often check during peak time and see they are. But what I've shown you, and others here, is what it's like during non peak times. It's not intended to be a us versus them. But we are most similar to each other, so it's the best place to compare to. 

So the logic is that if Olympus can't fill two servers then Asylum can't? The capacity should be to fulfill peak demand and it seems that Asylum can pull off two servers. How much is another server to run? I can't pay for it if I don't know.

Crackbaby likes this

fuck the second altis server in no way is it a good idea, everytime more altis servers were brought back the quality in gameplay dropped heavily. I think as Clint stated player pop is very dependent on the time of year, with downward trends every year. Possibly adding a second server during the summer for stratis or malden life could be fun, but only if this 115+ player pop trend continues into the summer

46 minutes ago, Leroy Jenkins said:

How would you ever know how many people are waiting to get in though? There could be potentially another 115 players trying to get in but we'll never know without a second server for overflow.

Because when i kick 5-7 lobby AFKers only 2-3 get filled back up most of the time  (Except for some occasions where its peak time on a weekend/holiday)

Bag Of Funyuns likes this