Medics At Federal Events

Even with a max of 4 medics at federal events, I've noticed the majority of both rebels and cops prefer that the medics be absent from the battles. Medics disrupted the flow of the fights and were more of a nuisance rather than a help for either side. There's been a noticable difference with the fights now that medics (have generally been) absent from the fight, so Ima keep it in place to accommodate the preference of the two factions that contain the majority of players rather than just let the few have an extra opportunity to make money. 

55 minutes ago, Sky said:

Even with a max of 4 medics at federal events, I've noticed the majority of both rebels and cops prefer that the medics be absent from the battles. Medics disrupted the flow of the fights and were more of a nuisance rather than a help for either side. There's been a noticable difference with the fights now that medics (have generally been) absent from the fight, so Ima keep it in place to accommodate the preference of the two factions that contain the majority of players rather than just let the few have an extra opportunity to make money. 

I prefer medics at feds and fights so I can kill them and pretend I actually get kills when I fight

Bandit, Nenja, Ron Johnson and 4 others like this
28 minutes ago, Ian Carter said:

Realistically, paramedics wouldn't be running in the midst of gunfire to revive people. 
I feel like this implementation has been experimental and so far has improved the set goal of the implementation. 

Being a Medic shouldn't be about money, it's meant to be about roleplay.

Small amounts of passive RP makes good RP.

I think it will improve RP quite a bit. Sometimes I sit in kavala and sit there talking and having good laughs with civs

Evaluable likes this
16 hours ago, Sky said:

Well said. I believed at the time that this was a mistake but I never considered the opposing arguments thoughts because I was never a cop who has to fight against a disposable hospital with rebels. Yes, it will be harder for rebels but what’s fun without that challenge? Medics may have a dull time until something is resolved. I’m not worried about the money. Its that emrs/emts who have missed out on this experience.

Edited by Evaluable
19 hours ago, Ian Carter said:

Realistically, paramedics wouldn't be running in the midst of gunfire to revive people. 
I feel like this implementation has been experimental and so far has improved the set goal of the implementation. 

Being a Medic shouldn't be about money, it's meant to be about roleplay.

Small amounts of passive RP makes good RP.

Lol nobody really role plays :(

1 hour ago, DAK said:

Lol nobody really role plays :(

Sure, a large majority prioritise combat over roleplay. But that doesn't mean there isn't any, the server is still listed as a roleplay server and a small passive faction helps the flow of roleplay. Yes, sometimes there are medics who are purely there for money, but there are also people there for the roleplay. 

Personally, I feel as this change in no way affects the medics but in something to do to spice up the roleplay, but arguing the point of it being a source of "money" won't help anything. I'm sure Sky is constantly monitoring the outcome of this change and has his reasons for why he's sticking to it.

Just beware, 3% of my bloodbags contain a form of HIV.