APD Illegal Area Rules Might Need Rework

So I'v played Asylum for a while, and I'm just coming back after 2 year break, but now im trying to get some of my friends into playing Asylum so I'v been showing them the ropes.  Lets be honest, the only REAL way to make money on Asylum is doing illegal activities such as scotch, meth, drug running etc.  So, I hooked them up with a couple of box trucks and told them to do some meth runs.  They literally haven't been able to finish a run in days because cops spam check the  ephedra field / meth lab and just come back if they die. 

Imo the 20 minute timer to return to an illegal area that was checked is way too short, and on top of that possibly a one life rule should be considered since cops have little to no risk since their loadouts are considerably cheaper than civs, so if they die once they just re gear and shift w a hatchback sport back to where they died.  A one life rule would also promote cops to work together and wait for back up before going in rather than just full sending it.  

This doesn't really have any impact on me, but I'm speaking for newer players and this might be really discouraging for them.  Loadouts on Asylum are pretty pricey these are the only ways to make any decent money.  

Just something to consider that might grow the player base.  Either this or make loadouts /orcas /ifrits cheaper.

Edited by Naz
4 minutes ago, Naz said:

/orcas /ifrits cheaper

Was already done.

Best way to get started early is either do like a hatchback sport of meth which isn't that bad and save up for a small house which make the runs quicker or do something like weed. End of the day High reward = high risk expecting to do a box truck of meth with no one coming when the server is busy is just a bad idea.

Guwop, Yuki Hayami and Fried Rice like this
Just now, Chow Mein said:

This is exactly what I just said

Just now, Mason Statham said:

Was already done.

Best way to get started early is either do like a hatchback sport of meth which isn't that bad and save up for a small house which make the runs quicker or do something like weed. End of the day High reward = high risk expecting to do a box truck of meth with no one coming when the server is busy is just a bad idea.

Im not saying there should be 0 risk involved with meth, but currently you have to deal with a capped server of 115 people with rebels and cops.  There is already enough rebel action the 20 minute timer needs to be extended to 40 mins imo or make cop loadouts the same price as civ  

Yuki Hayami and Invictus like this
1 minute ago, Chow Mein said:

Yea it’s already a thing, we have a 2 life rule already. If you die on the first trip there you may return one more time then you can’t for another 20 minutes unless stated in the policy update.

I said make it one life to encourage cops that spot illegal activities to call for back up rather than shift w in solo

Like I said, I dont care because im not broke, but for people starting out this is an easy deterrent to not play on Asylum which  = no growth

Edited by Naz
Yuki Hayami likes this
Just now, Naz said:

I said make it one life to encourage cops that spot illegal activities to call for back up rather than shift w in solo

Like I said, I dont care because im not broke, but for people starting out this is an easy deterrent to not play on Asylum which  = no growth

So you’d rather have a cop call his 5 friends and come and get you then have him go by himself die then come back again by himself? I’d say your chances of surviving are pretty high when it’s just 1 guy compared to a group.

Crackbaby and Yuki Hayami like this
Just now, Chow Mein said:

So you’d rather have a cop call his 5 friends and come and get you then have him go by himself die then come back again by himself? I’d say your chances of surviving are pretty high when it’s just 1 guy compared to a group.

I'd rather have to a kill one wave of cops once rather than kill two cops then another two come, then the two cops that I  already killed are already coming back after the next group is dead.

Also promotes teamwork in the APD just sayin dont really see the downside 

Donald, .Sean and Yuki Hayami like this
10 minutes ago, Naz said:

I'd rather have to a kill one wave of cops once rather than kill two cops then another two come, then the two cops that I  already killed are already coming back after the next group is dead.

Also promotes teamwork in the APD just sayin dont really see the downside 

Then once you kill the first 2 cops leave the area numb Nuts. They go back for their second life see no one is there mark the area and you can go back with 20 mins free of marked officers

McMuffin likes this
4 minutes ago, Chow Mein said:

Then once you kill the first 2 cops leave the area numb Nuts. They go back for their second life see no one is there mark the area and you can go back with 20 mins free of marked officers

Like I said this doesnt apply to me, @ new players 

Just now, Mason Statham said:

All in all i don't see a big issue with the current system, honestly seems more like player fault to me if they don't know how the system works don't try to do meth in large quantity.

People have made millions with very little complaints about the cop system.

My argument is that the 20 minute timer is too short on a server that is constant full population, rather than being "at risk" to potentially encounter the APD, you pretty much have a 100% chance of getting in a gun fight with APD with a box truck run. My friends couldnt even do heroin without getting cought lol

Id say 30 minutes or 40 minutes would be more balanced towards civs, the current 20 minute favors cops imo

1 minute ago, Naz said:

My argument is that the 20 minute timer is too short on a server that is constant full population, rather than being "at risk" to potentially encounter the APD, you pretty much have a 100% chance of getting in a gun fight with APD with a box truck run. My friends couldnt even do heroin without getting cought lol

Id say 30 minutes or 40 minutes would be more balanced towards civs, the current 20 minute favors cops imo

It takes 10-15 minutes to fill a van. If you play it smart, you shouldn’t ever run into cops

2 minutes ago, Naz said:

Thats a lie, i ran heroin for an hour and a half straight last night... 

6 minutes ago, Naz said:

how could you play it smart if you cant see what the cops timer is at, thats only 5 minute window from the 20 minute timer

you play it smart by not staying so long and you must have ur game sound up all the way and all you have to do is A eather kill the cop or B get in ur car and make a run for its not that hard

6 minutes ago, larrydotson said:

you play it smart by not staying so long and you must have ur game sound up all the way and all you have to do is A eather kill the cop or B get in ur car and make a run for its not that hard

ur getting shot out if u hop in a box truck 

47 minutes ago, Naz said:

how could you play it smart if you cant see what the cops timer is at, thats only 5 minute window from the 20 minute timer

1) bait them by intentionally pinging, then waiting till they leave

2) wait for 20 minutes, or until they come, then start when they leave

3) do it anyways, kill the first wave, hide 500m out, wait till they come check, start again when they leave

4) don’t be a pussy and just kill them twice

Fried Rice likes this
5 minutes ago, Bandit said:

1) bait them by intentionally pinging, then waiting till they leave

2) wait for 20 minutes, or until they come, then start when they leave

3) do it anyways, kill the first wave, hide 500m out, wait till they come check, start again when they leave

4) don’t be a pussy and just kill them twice

Sounds like a lot of hoops to jump through to justify cops being allowed to go to an illegal area every 20 mins with 2 lives and 5k loadouts 

Just now, Naz said:

Sounds like a lot of hoops to jump through to justify cops being allowed to go to an illegal area every 20 mins with 2 lives and 5k loadouts 

You do realize it’s not supposed to be easy, right? You can either do the ways I listed above (time consuming, but safe) or you can just do it while armed (fast, but dangerous). The place is illegal for a reason, it provides very good money. If you want fast but safe, go pick apples.

Guwop likes this

Run crank if meth is too hard for you. Currently, you can sit in your house and have an RV right outside the window and make crank. As long as there is no LT on it is 0 risk money as it seems meth is a bit too hard for you and your boys.

On a second note now that school is back in session the server isn't nearly as populated as it was over break so it will be easier to run things like meth anyways.

Edited by Guwop
10 minutes ago, Bandit said:

You do realize it’s not supposed to be easy, right? You can either do the ways I listed above (time consuming, but safe) or you can just do it while armed (fast, but dangerous). The place is illegal for a reason, it provides very good money. If you want fast but safe, go pick apples.

In no way am I arguing meth should be safe, its the end game of making money. But, atm with 1 server that is always capped at peak times you have to deal with all this mentioned previously about cops and on top of that gangs too. 

My argument is that cops are too powerful which could deter new players away from getting into asylum because they spend an hour of their life gathering materials to get it taken away 100% of the time.

There are a number of fixes:

1. Make cop loadouts more expensive so they value their life more

2. Make legal activities more profitable so new comers don't get cucked

3. Change to 1 life rule

4. Increase time on timer

back in the day with 4 servers maybe this wasnt as big of an issue

At the end of the day growth of asylum = more players = more fun 

Edited by Naz
7 minutes ago, Naz said:

its the end game of making money.

My argument is that cops are too powerful which could deter new players away from getting into asylum because they spend an hour of their life gathering materials to get it taken away 100% of the time.

Maybe don't encourage new players to do meth right away???

12 minutes ago, Naz said:

In no way am I arguing meth should be safe, its the end game of making money. But, atm with 1 server that is always capped at peak times you have to deal with all this mentioned previously about cops and on top of that gangs too. 

3. Change to 1 life rule

When I first started i bought a quad bike, pickaxe and a large backpack and did diamonds... thats how u start

Guwop likes this
Just now, Guwop said:

Maybe don't encourage new players to do meth right away???

Them getting caught has 0 correlation to them being new.  They have ran 3 meth runs and 1 heroine run got caught on all of them.  Doesnt matter who you are when the cops roll up they roll up  

1 minute ago, Naz said:

Them getting caught has 0 correlation to them being new.  They have ran 3 meth runs and 1 heroine run got caught on all of them.  Doesnt matter who you are when the cops roll up they roll up  

I almost never get caught in illegal areas by cops because you run meth in groups unless you want to be caught. Being new has everything to do with it. I don't know a single reason why a new player should do meth because as you said it is the endgame of making money. 

Just now, Guwop said:

I almost never get caught in illegal areas by cops because you run meth in groups unless you want to be caught. Being new has everything to do with it. I don't know a single reason why a new player should do meth because as you said it is the endgame of making money. 

Ok ill tell them to go pick peaches for two hours they will gladly want to keep playing

4 minutes ago, Naz said:

Ok ill tell them to go pick peaches for two hours they will gladly want to keep playing

Or excavate, run diamonds, or run weed. Those are all great options for new players. Peaches aren't the only thing new players can do and I definitely don't recommend it.

When I first started playing I excavated with a box truck in kavala. Found friends to do it with and started getting robbed a lot less. Especially if you take an SDAR you can just shoot anyone trying to take your truck from the water. ezpz

Edited by Guwop
10 minutes ago, Guwop said:

Or excavate, run diamonds, or run weed. Those are all great options for new players. Peaches aren't the only thing new players can do and I definitely don't recommend it.

When I first started playing I excavated with a box truck in kavala. Found friends to do it with and started getting robbed a lot less. Especially if you take an SDAR you can just shoot anyone trying to take your truck from the water. ezpz

Yea those would probably be better options thats what I did.

Either way though I still stand by my point of the APD being too strong and some rules need to be balanced. 

I dont remember having cops come every drug run I did more like half of them or less which i beleive is a result of having 1 server now

Edited by Naz
17 minutes ago, Naz said:

Yea those would probably be better options thats what I did.

Either way though I still stand by my point of the APD being too strong and some rules need to be balanced. 

I dont remember having cops come every drug run I did more like half of them or less which i beleive is a result of having 1 server now

Lately all the cops have been at federal events, so you should have plenty of time to do drugs, otherwise you are doing something wrong

neccromancer27, Guwop and HEYSOOS? like this
On 1/15/2020 at 1:40 PM, Naz said:

3. Change to 1 life rule

Value of life? Coming from rebels who jump out of moving cars so they dont go to jail? Fuck right off with that shit. It sounds more like you want a RP server not a cops and robbers server.

34 minutes ago, HotWings said:

Value of life? Coming from rebels who jump out of moving cars so they dont go to jail? Fuck right off with that shit. It sounds more like you want a RP server not a cops and robbers server.

They are losing their loadout either way id rather suicide out of a car then give cops money and take my loadout what.  Cop has 0 risk 100% reward you make bank and load outs cost nothing its a known fact

I mean obviously career cops are gonna want that though because thats all they play, I play cop and civ speaking from an unbiased point of view 

On 1/16/2020 at 5:03 PM, Naz said:

They are losing their loadout either way id rather suicide out of a car then give cops money and take my loadout what.  Cop has 0 risk 100% reward you make bank and load outs cost nothing its a known fact

I mean obviously career cops are gonna want that though because thats all they play, I play cop and civ speaking from an unbiased point of view 

I don’t play cop as much anymore, but for corporal+ we spend like 10-15k per loadout depending on the load out. If you get sent to jail then you only lose your weapon and you keep your uniform and your carrier lite or csats. Plus if you role play then you get a pretty decent reduction on your ticket

Edited by Master27411
Crackbaby likes this
On 1/16/2020 at 5:03 PM, Naz said:

Cops risk losing their load out alot... Even if its cheaper they're programmed to lose most fights. I cant even comprehend the lack of thought put into what you're saying here to be perfectly honest... My load out costs 15k, I lose on average say 5  per shift if I dont just rush a bank/fed/prison/whatever.  Say I manage to nab 1-2 100k+ bounties that are then spread between everyone netting around 60k each (assuming we don't reduce their tickets), hell maybe they had drugs and I get a bonus 20k.  Yeah made 5k, totally making bank.