3day ban

7 minutes ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

@Mitch (IFRIT) To sort this out why not just revert the vdm change? There was less hassle before the changed because people reported vdm when someone actually died or when it actually caused an issue not when someone bumped your car so you report out of spite. More problems now with how it has been changed.

This was changed due to the people who voiced concerns in my inbox, some of those people are in this thread bashing it. It was implemented due to the increase in reports that we were getting and the anything but consistent way it was handled. You boys make a lot of reports and they're not always as easy as you think. This was simply done to get everyone on the same page regardless of how anyone felt about it. The intention is for to it address the people who are intentionally doing it. Sometimes people like to take the risk that the contact wont cause loss and instead, just disable them. That poses a problem because today they get lucky with the tap, but tomorrow they don't and ruin a groups time of fighting the fed for an hour to just have their truck tapped by a hatch back, blowing them up, the truck and the gold. Then what ever group it is gets upset, rages, logs put, sends me messages about it, asks for something to be done. Then, something is done, and now we are back to having a problem with something being done. The easy solution here is to not hit people with your shit, unless its armor on armor. Again, accidents happen, but intentional contact will be dealt with accordingly. There simply isnt a need for it.

Just now, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

Again, accidents happen, but intentional contact will be dealt with accordingly.

https://gyazo.com/ad7e284b7e7ed0f66d3c67c5c1c98bfc

intentional dpi no ban

https://i.gyazo.com/96b91c41a08862fdb6c3c87cbe70aa90.mp4

intentional dpi no ban 2

https://gyazo.com/74810779059d2b91c473875a0ae07ac6

not intentional vdm but 3 day ban

people just tryna have fun on asylum 3.0 but the consistency of these bans seem very weird

rngr, MrSmoke and Noliver. like this
10 minutes ago, Lucien said:

I mean a simpler solution would be if you make contact and someone dies directly from your actions or someone blows up it is against the rules

VDM at your own risk, so something thats not armor could still be vdm'd and probably wouldn't blow up ex tempest hemmt etc

Until arma happens and a light tap sends it to the moon, am I supposed to ban that person because arma physics Happened?

17 minutes ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

This was changed due to the people who voiced concerns in my inbox, some of those people are in this thread bashing it. It was implemented due to the increase in reports that we were getting and the anything but consistent way it was handled. You boys make a lot of reports and they're not always as easy as you think. This was simply done to get everyone on the same page regardless of how anyone felt about it. The intention is for to it address the people who are intentionally doing it. Sometimes people like to take the risk that the contact wont cause loss and instead, just disable them. That poses a problem because today they get lucky with the tap, but tomorrow they don't and ruin a groups time of fighting the fed for an hour to just have their truck tapped by a hatch back, blowing them up, the truck and the gold. Then what ever group it is gets upset, rages, logs put, sends me messages about it, asks for something to be done. Then, something is done, and now we are back to having a problem with something being done. The easy solution here is to not hit people with your shit, unless its armor on armor. Again, accidents happen, but intentional contact will be dealt with accordingly. There simply isnt a need for it.

Dysnc ramming and shit was always said to be a no no before this was all changed anyway so why now is it more strict for the simplest of "collisions"? What happened with smoke to start this whole thread was solely down to the fact that the new rule covers ANY form of contact and the admin in question, without a doubt imo, put in the ban because he died afterwards to something that isnt a direct result of the "vdm".

Give some people an inch, this new rule, and they will take a mile. Was better off before.

Also, not a bad idea to make admins go through another admin or something for things that happen to themselves. Would stop all this shit.

Kyle_, AdaM_ and Revenant like this
9 minutes ago, Diseased said:

If this the precedent. Alot of people are about to get reported for VDM i guess. Dont drive close to me all im saying

Btw i have @Zurph, @Jayshawn on shadowplay hitting me with soft vehicules but nothing happened should i pull a @RoguePilot????

Edited by MrSmoke
Just now, Lucien said:

I mean you still wouldn't ban now if it was unintentional

this is fucking arma if you do anything with a car its no guarantee  

Exactly our issue, anytime theirs contact the other group is screaming to ban that person. And the person doing the bumping has an excuse. 

In this situation, and to be clear I didn’t look at the ticket to see if theirs anything else that happened - for all I know this guy isn’t even banned. A bit more discretion should be shown if he was indeed banned for the Clip.

but as a general rule people getting hit by other vehicles ALWAYS leaves someone salty. It’s extremely anti climactic to have a hatchback swerve in front of a Hemtt and desync ram it resulting in it flipping/losing wheels. Theirs virtually no risk to the party desync ramming and the Hemtt driver really has no way of dealing with it outside of stopping and shooting.  

2 minutes ago, Diseased said:

happily stay banned would rather play a game where people like roguepilot can do this and other admins wont step in and do anything. if anything this was VDM or intentional then fuck off, imagine banning someone for 3 days because i blocked you

Are you aware 90% of admins probably don’t know this has happened. We don’t comb every ban ever put in. And even then we’re going to get our facts straight and talk to the baning admin before we go in guns blazing unbaning people 

likewise we don’t technically have the power to straight overturn another admin. We’re not supervisors, while no one is adverse to calling someone out for a bad ban it’s not exactly our job to be supervising admins - it’s why we have CMs

9/10 times people go on the forums and complain instead of bringing it to a CM. And we don’t stare at the forums as admins.

Things i can take away from this thread is that apparently no one likes rogue pilot anymore

that hitting a car slightly is vdm

that sean is still persistent in typing in centred 

that mitch will still never win no matter what he says

that badblood still think the admins are against them (as if the admins still hate them in 2020)

that no one likes gnashes

and that you all care way too much about an altis life server

Rogue likes this

is this where i get my 13th forums account banned? Lets see.

@Mitch (IFRIT) Dude that VDM rule is fucking stupid. Its a military simulator where people use cars and guns and aircraft to fight. Shits going to happen and people are going to accidentally collide. If you want whats left of your server to die because you're constantly banning people over and over again for tapping vehicles then so be it.

@Patato "9/10 times people go on the forums and complain instead of bringing it to a CM."   You mentioned going to a CM for problems. Theres never been a community manager that was worth a fuck. Never will be. Won't be you, or any of your friends, especially not Leady.

@RoguePilot The Ifrit wouldn't have touched you had the Quilin not been driven forward.

Kyle_, Revenant, Noliver. and 3 others like this
4 minutes ago, Wubz said:

"   You mentioned going to a CM for problems. Theres never been a community manager that was worth a fuck. Never will be. Won't be you, or any of your friends, especially not Leady.

Do you know how many times mitch put me in my place? No, you have no idea at all.

And what friends?

Leady likes this
2 minutes ago, Patato said:

Do you know how many times mitch put me in my place? No, you have no idea at all.

And what friends?

I went to Leady @Patato and he agreed that it was indeed VDM. I will sit the ban but i do not understand how admins can be allowed to ban for what occurred in the video. i have been on this server much longer than most people and had several very long discussions with old CMs. i understand that not all admins can pay attention to things nor do i except it. however, i can not see how what I did in this video should grant a 3 day ban whenever it clearly shows me HOLDING BRAKE and i hit the car going 20 km/h when ever he drove in my path.

Calle., thero, rngr and 2 others like this

Im closing this thread, looks like enough was aired out. When I get back to my desktop either late tomorrow night, or monday. I will reach out to the parties involved and see if there are areas that we can better serve you. I appreciate the feedback and will take the opportunity to look into the information further when I'm able to provide my full attention.