New donation tiers preview:

Hello all,

As I have said before, we have been working on the addition of new donation tiers.

The list below is what's being added to the current donation levels. If you would like to see what's already in that level, please check here.

I didn't want to have any skins behind these new tiers as they take up space on the mission file. I would rather we reserve that space for future rewards such as a new crate, etc. We only used the assets that are already in game. Take a look below!

The new levels have not been added into the server yet. When we have a patch ready to roll out, it will be included. I will keep you posted!

Donor 4

• CSAT Rebreather 
  • Hex Radio Pack

Donor 5

• Gendarmarie Vest (on cop)
  • Tropic Radio Pack 
  • Hard Hat (yellow)

Donor 6

• MTP Radio Pack
  • Green NVGs
  • Hard Hat (orange)

Donor 7

• Hard Hat (red)
  • Woodland Radio pack
  • Leg strap (coyote)

Donor 8 ($350)

• Gendarmarie Beret (Exclusive Beret)
  • Head Bandage (clean)
  • Hard Hat (white)
  • Geometric Radio Pack
  • Camo Van 
  • 40 additional forum likes
  • Discord Tag
  • Teamspeak Tag
  • Priority support

Donor 9 ($450)

• Head Bandage (moderate)
  • Hard Hat (black)
  • Green Po7
  • AAF Wetsuit
  • Digital Radio Pack
  • Camo Cargo Van
  • 50 additional forum likes
  • Discord Tag
  • Teamspeak tag
  • Priority support

Donor 10 ($550)

• Black Radio Pack
  • Compact NVG's (green)
  • Head Bandage (severe)
  • Hard Hat (black, ear protectors)
  • Green Hex Radio Pack
  • Leg Strap Bag (black)
  • Camo Offroad with Lightbar (services disabled)
  • Camo Transport Van
  • 60 additional forum likes
  • Discord Tag
  • Teamspeak tag
  • Priority support
Huan Lee, Chr1s, WolfLeader and 6 others like this
Just now, Reapered said:

I’ve played Arma 3 for 6 years, 1000’s of hours put into this game, all for $60.

And some bitches are gonna give $550 for some shitty skins and tags that nobody gives a fuck about.

This is some interesting shit right now

i aint hatin on the owners, just wild that some people actually gonna pay for this shit

I mean the servers/licenses/applications don't run for free and we're limited to the talent we have. No one here is exactly a prime texture designer. We're also restricted to what content we can monetize. At the end of the day it's about keeping the servers going... If you want to contribute better skins then have it. However, remember those "bitches" are the people who are allowing you to continue playing on this server and probably other servers as well. No one is just going to shell out a few hundred a month so that a bunch of toxic and shitty teens can have a server to play on...

Rogue and MR. COW like this
Just now, Jesse said:

I mean the servers/licenses/applications don't run for free and we're limited to the talent we have. No one here is exactly a prime texture designer. We're also restricted to what content we can monetize. At the end of the day it's about keeping the servers going... If you want to contribute better skins then have it. However, remember those "bitches" are the people who are allowing you to continue playing on this server and probably other servers as well. No one is just going to shell out a few hundred a month so that a bunch of toxic and shitty teens can have a server to play on...

Eh ur right

23 minutes ago, Reapered said:

Eh ur right

At the same time imo, Mitch was very generous in letting everyone keep what they've donated towards as far as donation level is considered. If I was him starting at literally $0 with only a month of server rent paid for, I would've restructured the whole thing and wiped all donation levels. Since those donor levels have literally consisted through 3 owners now and majority of people only have donated to get things like what use to monetized such as debit cards, sports hatchbacks, chrome vehicles which can no longer be monetized. Since I've been with Asylum in a staff/development capacity there have been veryyyy few donations come in for donation levels. Majority of the support/income comes from key purchases really and now the community goals. Key purchases also dwindle the longer that crates are active. We're also pretty locked in to keeping the crates around as some people have invested a lot in to those.

Fact: There are less than 400 people who for the entire course of donator levels have donated past rank 6. I would go as far to say that most of the people who are 1-6 donated a long time ago as well when Paratus was still owner..

Fact: 26,326 non-donators have played since V2 launched.
Fact: 3,358 donators (over the entire life of Asylum) have played since V2 launched (This can be rank 1-10).
So only 12% of people have just hoped on even for just 1 minute since V2 are donors.

Trust me I don't disagree with you.. I feel a lot of textures we have available are pretty mid to low tier in terms of creativity/design. However, we're limited to talent like I said. It's also hard to find people who want to invest time making things at basically no benefit to them, rather than just playing the game with their friends. Trust me I know.

Bag Of Funyuns, Mada, Kawaii and 1 other like this
9 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I feel a lot of textures we have available are pretty mid to low tier in terms of creativity/design.

Why you gonna do my boy @Gen. Henry Arnold he tried his best using Paint.

9 minutes ago, Jesse said:

It's also hard to find people who want to invest time making things at basically no benefit to them

Also i've made a few skins which I know they're not amazing (Still learning) but some people liked some of them.

Edited by Mason Statham
Just now, Mason Statham said:

Why you gonna do my boy @Gen. Henry Arnold he tried his best using Paint.

Also i've made a few skins which I know they're not amazing (Still learning) but some people liked some of them.

Not saying people don't offer help and such. However, you need to keep in mind we can't just non-stop add more and more skins without taking out others and such. Otherwise we'd have a 80mb mission file that no one would want to download a bunch.

Ideally it'd be nice to have our current shitty skins (ones in loot crates and such) that are low quality or plain and bland to be "remastered".

18 minutes ago, Jesse said:

At the same time imo, Mitch was very generous in letting everyone keep what they've donated towards as far as donation level is considered. If I was him starting at literally $0 with only a month of server rent paid for, I would've restructured the whole thing and wiped all donation levels. Since those donor levels have literally consisted through 3 owners now and majority of people only have donated to get things like what use to monetized such as debit cards, sports hatchbacks, chrome vehicles which can no longer be monetized. Since I've been with Asylum in a staff/development capacity there have been veryyyy few donations come in for donation levels. Majority of the support/income comes from key purchases really and now the community goals. Key purchases also dwindle the longer that crates are active. We're also pretty locked in to keeping the crates around as some people have invested a lot in to those.

Fact: There are less than 400 people who for the entire course of donator levels have donated past rank 6. I would go as far to say that most of the people who are 1-6 donated a long time ago as well when Paratus was still owner.. 

Trust me I don't disagree with you.. I feel a lot of textures we have available are pretty mid to low tier in terms of creativity/design. However, we're limited to talent like I said. It's also hard to find people who want to invest time making things at basically no benefit to them, rather than just playing the game with their friends. Trust me I know.

Dang bro. Dont take my spawn in with debit card rank. I paid for it like 4 years ago.

Bandit likes this
4 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Ideally it'd be nice to have our current shitty skins (ones in loot crates and such) that are low quality or plain and bland to be "remastered".

Considering this is a rare skin:

Spoiler

Wartorn_Ifrit-Front.jpg

I would agree.

You would have to keep in mind some or the more basic and "shit" skins would have to sit in common as one person would get a skin that thought was cool and then never get a loot crate again.

Anyways as i've said before to Mitch I'd make a few skins for the server if allowed.

42 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Not saying people don't offer help and such. However, you need to keep in mind we can't just non-stop add more and more skins without taking out others and such. Otherwise we'd have a 80mb mission file that no one would want to download a bunch.

Removing some of the lower tier skins or skins for items that are rarely used or purchased (skinned assault packs XD) and replacing them with skins from people who have contributed but were previously denied would be a great idea. 

Just now, Tony said:

I'm all for supporting the server when I can afford to, but most people wont be donating to support the server but for the perks and donor rewards that come with it, its the sad truth. So when you offer a orange hard hat and a radio pack (no one ever uses) as the donation reward, you're never going to get donations.

Sad truth? 😂 it’s 500 dollars

Tony likes this
33 minutes ago, Tony said:

I'm all for supporting the server when I can afford to, but most people wont be donating to support the server but for the perks and donor rewards that come with it, its the sad truth. So when you offer a orange hard hat and a radio pack (no one ever uses) as the donation reward, you're never going to get donations.

The higher tier donation rewards arnt really meant to be purchased imo, Asylum has a few people who have already donated past lvl 7, I would assume mitch just wanted to thank them with simple things we already had access to just weren’t utilized. If mitch was money hungry he could have tossed it all into loot crates with one or two big ticket skins each and made a lot more off of it. 

at the end of the day it’s nice to be apart of a community where the owner appreciates donations but doesn’t compromise morals or gameplay to get them

id also be willing to bet this is just a start and more things will be added as time goes on.

3 hours ago, Tony said:

As I have said before. I don't want to put skins and such in this tires as it will be used by easily under 20 people. I'd rather put that cool stuff that people do want to reach for within a reasonable reach. Asking for 550 for a killer orca skin feels too greedy. I didn't envision adding these ranks, but when I was privately contacted by individuals who wanted to support past their current level. I have to honor that request. 

Crossfade likes this
1 hour ago, Lucien said:

@Mitch (IFRIT) is there a chance things that are already rewards for existing donor ranks can be grandfathered in and people who have them unlocked will still have access to it? other community members have mentioned it to me that it sucks that they paid so much only for stuff to be moved around.

figured its possible because of how donors who donated for debit card work

I didn't make changes to anything.  Existing donor tiers were left as they are for that reason. Some stuff was added to them, and then additional tanks were created. What am I missing here?

11 hours ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

As I have said before. I don't want to put skins and such in this tires as it will be used by easily under 20 people. I'd rather put that cool stuff that people do want to reach for within a reasonable reach. Asking for 550 for a killer orca skin feels too greedy. I didn't envision adding these ranks, but when I was privately contacted by individuals who wanted to support past their current level. I have to honor that request. 

Speaking of....BOOM!! haha

22 hours ago, Mason Statham said:

Considering this is a rare skin:

Reveal hidden contents

Wartorn_Ifrit-Front.jpg

I would agree.

You would have to keep in mind some or the more basic and "shit" skins would have to sit in common as one person would get a skin that thought was cool and then never get a loot crate again.

Anyways as i've said before to Mitch I'd make a few skins for the server if allowed.

dont hate on that skin its my favorite one in game :(