Regarding our Next Update(s)

Jesse

Hey all,

I know it's been a bit since we've had an update get released. We do need to still get the January rewards out to you guys. For those of you who are unaware these are the January rewards we have yet to release:

January 2020 Rewards:

SWAT
• Will be similar to how it was in the past. Various suggestions from the forums will be used to design this system
Vehicle Customization
• Various options to customize the vehicle will be available. Further information to follow.
Additional titles for achievements.

Just to give insight on the progress, SWAT is essentially done, just needs a run through, due to how many players are required and existing exploit prevention and such, I want to make sure we utilize the correct player counts to test it. Which means getting a group of us to do it at once basically. The titles are also essentially done. We just need to get the titles to show above the players head. Which is basically a line of code or two, we've been debating placement and how to show them for the best aesthetic appeasement. Vehicle customization does still need some work though, as it was essentially the most labor intensive. This is also why we made our February goals lighter essentially. Which some of that is already done as well. Henry just wrapped up the Tractor Farming.

I just wanted to share this with you guys as I know we've been a bit behind this month. I've personally been quite busy with finding a new place to call home with my girlfriend. We did a ton of house/condo/duplex/apartment searching and finally just this Wednesday signed a lease for a place. I've also had some job related interviews and opportunities I've been working towards that have taken away time. I've also had 3 different people around me all have some sort of vehicle trouble, some more extensive than others... As far as our other developers, I do know one of them may be a bit "burnt" out if you will. As this game does take a toll on us to work on and we all have lives and stuff to do as well. We've also had a decent amount of time getting spent on some admin related duties if you will. Dealing with patching up exploits and determining where exploited money and such went.

Long story short, we've been busy. The new content for the goals will probably be all released in a giant lump I would say ideally the end of next week or the following week.

TL;DR: We have lives and have been busy. We are still working on stuff just at a slower rate of pace due to life stuff and being a tad burnt out with coding. The content update(s) should happen next week or the week after.

Thank you for your understanding,
Jesse

2 hours ago, bigjohn561 said:

Tbh. I thought dev's only focused on developing and not taking care of reports.

Um, we don't really do much tickets per say. We do issue a lot of bans however, which sometimes require a lot of work to fix things scripters do, etc.

However, for support tickets, in the last 30 days:
Azeh: 5
Jesse: 24
Henry: 79

All time since we got the support ticket system:
Azeh: 97
Jesse: 189
Henry: 444

Azeh has put in roughly 80-100 bans
Henry has put in roughly 500 bans
I've done roughly 80-100 bans

However, not only do we do this but also Azeh and I have spent a considerable amount of time reworking our BEfilters to catch cheaters which has been proving effective as our automated bans have increased decently and we have some better detection of certain cheats. I've also spent time coding a discord bot for APD/AFD to eliminate work required by our admins to assign permissions and such for the forums. Now APD/AFD can just use the bot to give/remove forum/in-game perms. Where before they needed admin help for a decent amount of that stuff.

7 hours ago, Jesse said:

However, not only do we do this but also Azeh and I have spent a considerable amount of time reworking our BEfilters to catch cheaters which has been proving effective as our automated bans have increased decently and we have some better detection of certain cheats.

Are the BEFilters the reason SGT+ get kicked while using drones?I wish you would fix the script restictions on drones. Higher ups hardly use them because of the random kicks.

Fried Rice likes this
21 hours ago, HomeUser said:

Are the BEFilters the reason SGT+ get kicked while using drones?I wish you would fix the script restictions on drones. Higher ups hardly use them because of the random kicks.

Mmm no believe it was due to another issue. Should be fixed next update. If you get kicked after that though we could look into. However I believe it was intended to kick if waypoints were set. That it was wanted to require you to operate it not set it and forget it. 

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

Mmm no believe it was due to another issue. Should be fixed next update. If you get kicked after that though we could look into. However I believe it was intended to kick if waypoints were set. That it was wanted to require you to operate it not set it and forget it. 

I get kicked when I have an active drone in the air and die, then I re spawn try to use it again and it kicks me.  

Bandit likes this
11 hours ago, Lucien said:

not a sgt+ but if its possible to have a warning message before a kick that would be better

I don’t disagree. Not sure if we can detect the key bindings and setting of the drone waypoints and such. We can look in to it and see what can be done this be kicking for it was pre my time as dev. Know it was a thing even with paratus. 

Boonie Hat likes this
10 hours ago, Farmer Steve said:

Are the two community goals going to be in the same patch? @Jesse

Yes. If you read my post you would’ve got an answer. 

“The new content for the goals will probably be all released in a giant lump I would say ideally the end of next week or the following week.”

Life happens.

12 hours ago, Mason Statham said:

Yup some things never change around here.

13 hours ago, Batcan said:

did you actually think it would be? are you mad?

Then we get comments like this and it's like, eh fuck it, they're ungrateful for the work we do anyways.. you know the long hours spent on this, the time away from family, the long nights staying up fixing and making stuff. So who cares tbh.

I know it's hard to believe that this pandemic affects people's lives. I work in the supply chain industry, we're expected to continue operations, plus some. I'm sorry, but I can't just stay home from work daily to do this stuff. I can't help that I got pretty sick last friday. There's a lot of stuff that happens now that I just don't let this game/community rule my life and how I'm going to live it anymore.

My time here gets spent on more than just in-game coding stuff too. For example, at one point last week I had set about 45 minutes aside to help Painbringa get the ability to utilize our API to automate some APD process stuff. Then we have stuff that people are exploiting that we're trying to fix. We recently had some people we found exploiting a money issue. So we have to then remedy that both with the damages they did and code wise. Then we come across more and more stuff too.

TL;DR - Being annoying about it honestly just gettings old and annoying. It doesn't help expedite things.. it really just delays it more tbh. It doesn't make me feel any more motivated to do the stuff...