Any Wrestlers?

Bherky

So I'm a sophomore in high school and wrestling season ended two weeks ago. This is my first year wrestling and I love it, I'm trying to make state championships by senior year.

This offseason i'm going to be wrestling about 80 matches total so I can gain the most experience I can, cause thats what I'm mainly lacking. 

I bench and power clean 185 and I deadlift about 335. My weight class is 145lbs (~66kg) and I'm ~5'7 feet tall (ik im short :( )

Do any of you wrestle or have made it to states? Any tips for when I workout, wrestle or feel unmotivated?

(record is 16:4 in duels school matches and 16:8 in individual tournaments)

Feel free to say anything. 

I use to wrestle basically its just perfecting your craft, you just need to constantly be wrestling during the off season i wrestled 2 times a week for 2 1/2 hours each time and during the summer I wrestled 6 hours a day for 2 weeks straight then right before the season you gotta tune it up and go 3-4 times a week. It takes a lot of dedication but in the end its worth it. What I've learned you don't need to be the strongest or have the most endurance its all about technique.  

PS work out in the gym being stronger helps a shit ton.

Bherky likes this

My teams motto was "burn the boats" ... once you get out there, give it all you got. Its either conquer or die.

Don't waste your time with fancy moves, during those 80 matches you need to be mastering a primary and secondary takedown, homerun move (standing to their back) and an escape. "I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times" - Bruce Lee.

Bherky and salty.connor like this
  • 2 weeks later...