Nerf free cop loadouts

Right now the meta for cops is die once, return with another free loadout and kick ass, make money on arrest, go out and repeat. If a cop dies there's literally no reprocussions. They lose like 30 seconds of their time and maybe a slightly expensive gun if they're a higher up but for the most part theyre fine. Yesterday I killed 3 cops in shootout and when the 4th got me, they made sure to seize my 45k hemmt and robo cop the fuck out of me. It's all fun and games until I stand to lose a 45k legal vehicle and the cops have nothing on the line. The cops consistently make money and only in extreme circumstances lose anything other than time. When you can't strike a blow at the apd it makes it very frustrating whne they find you. Make their loadout cost something instead of letting them run around with free guns and eat bullets with buffed armor 

ron the player likes this
1 hour ago, Niklaus said:

Right now the meta for cops is die once, return with another free loadout and kick ass, make money on arrest, go out and repeat. If a cop dies there's literally no reprocussions. They lose like 30 seconds of their time and maybe a slightly expensive gun if they're a higher up but for the most part theyre fine. Yesterday I killed 3 cops in shootout and when the 4th got me, they made sure to seize my 45k hemmt and robo cop the fuck out of me. It's all fun and games until I stand to lose a 45k legal vehicle and the cops have nothing on the line. The cops consistently make money and only in extreme circumstances lose anything other than time. When you can't strike a blow at the apd it makes it very frustrating whne they find you. Make their loadout cost something instead of letting them run around with free guns and eat bullets with buffed armor 

Allow me to speak for everyone who is gonna reply to this by saying stop crying and fuck off.

Each officer probably loses like atleast 30k in loadouts at federals. If you get your vehicle seized you probably fought and were evasive, if you just comply you won't lose 45k it's literally in the guide book. 

You may only seize a vehicle which has over $5,000 worth of contraband in it if the suspect is aggressive and/or evasive. If the suspect is compliant, does not shoot back, and cooperates fully with APD officers, you are not allowed to seize their vehicle.

2 hours ago, Lucien said:

sit

6 hours ago, Niklaus said:

?

9 hours ago, Niklaus said:

Its amazing how wrong this entire paragraph is.

Most of the higher ups are running 15k-30k loadouts (Similar to a rebel)

The "Free" loadout is literally a lvl 2 vest, NO scope and a 5.56 gun. Its not "OP".

Not to mention the number of rules they have to follow or be removed.

As a rebel you get to pick your fights. If you go running around in a hemmtt with a pistol thats on you. Cops dont get to pick where and when they fight. Often times they are forced to throw themselves at a fortified position with a 90% chance of death.

10 hours ago, Niklaus said:

said nothing when you were actually a cop, but the second you get removed, you complain...

Doing illegal drugs isn’t supposed to be easy. There is a risk with doing illegal activities, in which, cops could catch you and take everything or a rebel. I personally have a 10k load out and it adds up quick. Like Patato said you can pick your fights

Edited by Master27411

18 hours ago, Karmahunter said:

Each officer probably loses like atleast 30k in loadouts at federals. If you get your vehicle seized you probably fought and were evasive, if you just comply you won't lose 45k it's literally in the guide book. 

cause everyone in the server is compliant when the apd seizes their shit. its a loaded rule, nobodys compliant when that much heroin is on the line. when i clap 3 cops and they seize my shit out of spite it gets annoying.

15 hours ago, Pizza Man said:

i think this just about proves @Niklaus point. very cool.

if his point is we should all be broke because you guys have the clear advantage because you set up before you even set off the alarm and he wants to get free loot with no actual opposition then yeah I guess I did

Edited by Karmahunter

If I had it my way, cops would have free load outs, or alternatively cops would be given the gun below their rank for free. Cpl gets mx for free, sgt i guess could get the mxm for free as well as Lt's. The main reason I suggest this is people are bored of cops playing sniper elite at banks/feds/prisons. They did this before when loadouts were free back in the day, just not nearly as much to my memory.

Just now, Niklaus said:

You don't carry flashbangs in a regular loadouts. dont even act like you do 

You missed the point... flashbangs cost around a grand and do what? blow up inanimate objects. I never said I carried them, as I find they are not worht the cost.

Forgot to add on earlier SGTs also spend a 1k on a terminal for drones and 4k for the drone itself which you might not get back when you die.

Edited by ColtonB205
Just now, ColtonB205 said:

You missed the point... flashbangs cost around a grand and do what? blow up inanimate objects. I never said I carried them, as I find they are not worht the cost.

I thought you were trying to explain why a loadout costs over 30k

In any case, as a constable, with mostly free loadouts, I played kavala, and made around 2.5 mil in a month never even touching civ. Easy money, but unbalanced as fuck. Never lost a loadout worth more than 3k, seized probably around a mil of guns licenses and weed and generally pissed people off when I wanted to. Now as you get higher up in the apd, you get higher paychecks and more money from processing. The apd literally gives you more money so you can buy loadouts and still make cash on top. It's bullshit 

3 minutes ago, Niklaus said:

I thought you were trying to explain why a loadout costs over 30k

In any case, as a constable, with mostly free loadouts, I played kavala, and made around 2.5 mil in a month never even touching civ. Easy money, but unbalanced as fuck. Never lost a loadout worth more than 3k, seized probably around a mil of guns licenses and weed and generally pissed people off when I wanted to. Now as you get higher up in the apd, you get higher paychecks and more money from processing. The apd literally gives you more money so you can buy loadouts and still make cash on top. It's bullshit 

Yes and no, as a lower rank (cadet and constable) the investment as you said is minimal at most. However, higher-ups have much higher costs with the same income as those constables and cadets. We do not get paid more by the five minute paychecks, the division of income does not shift, and our rank equipment is more expensive.

I do agree that the pay scale is an issue among the constables and cadet as there is extreme profit gains which has been a long running issue with asylum and robocoping.

Fried Rice likes this
3 hours ago, Niklaus said:

You don't carry flashbangs in a regular loadouts. dont even act like you do 

Before I even got Moderator or LT my standard load out was

Pilot coveralls, Vest, Helmet, mask, NVGs, Backpack, MXM, 20 mags of ammo, 5 smokes, 1 flashbang, 2 Faks, scope flashlight, 

and that’s not including the 5000$ drone/terminal i normally used aswell 

The regear cost was $22,500 I used to go on civ to make money to fund my cop load outs.

Only thing that’s changed is I now have an MK instead of MXM.

Bandit likes this
Just now, Patato said:

Before I even got Moderator or LT my standard load out was

Pilot coveralls, Vest, Helmet, mask, NVGs, Backpack, MXM, 20 mags of ammo, 5 smokes, 1 flashbang, 2 Faks, scope flashlight, 

and that’s not including the 5000$ drone/terminal i normally used aswell 

The regear cost was $20,000. I used to go on civ to make money to fund my cop load outs.

k so thats retarded

Just now, Patato said:

Great argument

the basic loadout is trash and any decent cop will gladly pay more. 

maybe its only constables that make millions, in any case the whole point of this argument was to complain about the unbalanced loadouts constables get, and what ive gained from this is the knowledge that higher ups buy large loadouts while constables make way too much from spamming respawns

On 3/6/2020 at 6:35 PM, InvictusTheReaper said:

What are you buying?

Lol Frl

1 minute ago, Lucien said:

Most people don't use default loadouts. If they do then they are not typically the type of person that you should be losing too in a fight. Most skilled players hate the spar for its inconsistency and pilots are too convenient not to buy. Sometimes you just get zerged pal, no different from dying to kids rushing you with sdars 

SPAR is goated. git gud

22 minutes ago, Niklaus said:

maybe its only constables that make millions, in any case the whole point of this argument was to complain about the unbalanced loadouts constables get, and what ive gained from this is the knowledge that higher ups buy large loadouts while constables make way too much from spamming respawns

14th richest player on the server is @bbgreg17. Been playing with him for just about three years. We were both constables and he is now an LT. 
70% of his wealth came from playing civ but 90% of his time spent on the server is as a cop (And he would be up at least another couple mil if he learned to stop getting in my helicopters). He doesn’t exactly buy expensive load outs, and he is pretty careful with his vehicles (he grabs an MK and a vest) but by your logic he should easily be the richest player on the server. And his wealth should all be cop related.

I’ve looked at the logs nearly daily for over a year and I’d like to know who is making millions running around with a spar wrecking kids because the top 100 wealthiest don’t do that. (Even Leroy Jenkins the cheapest player I’ve ever seen, literally collects salt water to make scotch  - buys an MX)

I’d wager that the vast majority of money on the server comes from either Scotch/meth 

Uranium and crank are starting to contribute but those are Relatively new money making methods 

ColtonB205 likes this
1 hour ago, Niklaus said:

Welcome to the list of people that get deleted. Wouldn't pull out a heli anytime soon I'll delete that too

On 3/6/2020 at 12:51 PM, Niklaus said:

Meta right now? You been here 5 minutes?

Shall we get some transparency on what @Patato is talking about? My basic loadout that I generally run is 6.5k. I am not good at combat. I will die multiple times during most federal events and semi often during normal shootouts. Now granted some of the time I die, I get revived and only have to pay 3.5k. The rest of the time it is the full 6.5 of course.

@Patato was not actually joking when he said he has cost me over a million. He would only have to kill me 154 times in order to do that (with a full gear up every time). On an average week he will kill me probably 4-8 times. Now if we assume 4 times a week, it would only take 38.5 weeks. As already stated we have been playing together for years (granted he didn't used to crash so many damn helos....).

I did the math a little while ago and figured out that on an average week of cop I will make 50k. Keep in mind this is before accounting for the loss of any helos or armored vehicles. I also generally average out to playing about an hour a day. Of course there are weeks when I make more, and weeks when I make less. Sometimes there are weeks when we end up with a few good busts of coke, meth or uranium and it ends up being a lot more. It is always dependent on what people are doing though. There is no for sure possibility of a payout for cops.

If we look at how much can be made playing civ for one hour ever day I would guess it to probably be more around 100k. That would be having 2, 3 barrel scotch houses and just doing one run per house in a day. In short it should be easy for you in one day to make what takes me 2 weeks to make.

Are cop loadouts OP? I don't think 95% of officers would really know! We are all to busy gearing up and getting our real loadout.

Bandit likes this

I think this is more a critique of Constables, Corporals+ generally never not re-gear. Constables might just rock the 5.56 if they're lazy. 

Admittedly, however, it can be quite frustrating for civs, who maybe don't have that many hours on Arma 3, to have to fight off an infinite wave of cops. But asylum has always been a shit show for trying to balance cop and civ side, considering civs come in all shapes and sizes. 

9 hours ago, Morgan Lacerda said:

I think this is more a critique of Constables, Corporals+ generally never not re-gear. Constables might just rock the 5.56 if they're lazy. 

Admittedly, however, it can be quite frustrating for civs, who maybe don't have that many hours on Arma 3, to have to fight off an infinite wave of cops. But asylum has always been a shit show for trying to balance cop and civ side, considering civs come in all shapes and sizes. 

Not sure how you want to balance around 1 guy getting mad because a he lost to a spar. Asylum has always been balanced towards a rebel advantage. Hence why 3-5 people with Mks can hold off 15 cops at prison.

2 hours ago, Patato said:

Not sure how you want to balance around 1 guy getting mad because a he lost to a spar. Asylum has always been balanced towards a rebel advantage. Hence why 3-5 people with Mks can hold off 15 cops at prison.

Cops are literally programed to lose like 90% of fights and when they win "gotta make a forum post"

Edited by HotWings

Aight well it's not a matter of "SALTY GUY LOST TO SPAR WHAT A SHITTER" in a 4v1 I killed 3 cops and they keep coming back with free loadouts, my main problem was that they seized a 45k hemmt but they pay nothing for their loadouts so being so fucking greedy pisses me off especially when I can't strike a blow back at them. My problem is mainly with constables as I know corporal+ like to spend a lot of money on loadouts before getting shit on by civs. 

On 3/13/2020 at 12:21 PM, Patato said:

I never suggested that, I am making the observation that balancing civ and cop side is impossible, considering the different levels of skill. Perhaps read things twice in the future so you don't get confused.

Niklaus likes this