What are you experiencing?

Hey all,

Since all of us in some capacity are going through some changes due to the global crisis. I'm curious to hear what you are going though due to it. Some people are under mandatory lock down etc.

Post below! But please, keep personal information that can identify you out of it, for your protection. 

Mitch

Im working mandatory over time, most of my days off are canceled.  My best friend had his other job closed down and got put on the ambulance with me.  We have tight quarantine protocols in place.  Anyone who even has a fever and a cough we place masks over their face and we wear SCBAs on medical calls now for those calls.  The public wants to keep entering our station with questions for us and we have to tell them to step back away from the front door.  We wont speak to them inside.  Been trying to get cleaning supplies so our trucks can keep rolling as call volume has increased a lot.  A few stores in town when they get supplies in from their trucks hide some of the things in back so we can stay stocked with things like toilet paper and hand soap.  A neighboring fire department lost a member to cancer recently and as we were putting on our dress blues to go to the funeral the Governor made an announcement live for no gatherings more than 10 so noone really attended the funeral.  I walk into people's houses and they look at me with angry looks when I ask them new protocol questions about Covid-19.  But it is funny usually we stage and wait for pd to secure the scene.   Now it's they stage and wait for us. 

I guess TL;DR. Im tired of this shit already.   My application to another fire department got put on hold

Edit in: my buddy and I been playing the fuck out of the division games cause we think its ironic

Edited by Bread
Huan Lee and Copa like this

I have come home from college and found myself locked in a prison cell called my room. All I have is a bottle of tequila and a roll of ritz crackers. Sometimes I find myself crying while other times I find myself playing Asylum. My parents have given my a towel and water to bath myself in. Send Help

Spoiler

Just a joke

53 minutes ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

Hey all,

Since all of us in some capacity are going through some changes due to the global crisis. I'm curious to hear what you are going though due to it. Some people are under mandatory lock down etc.

Post below! But please, keep personal information that can identify you out of it, for your protection. 

Mitch

Well i work in M&S, for anyone outside the UK, its a supermarket.

So my work can't really be closed, currently we're tasked with feeding the nation, and making sure everyone can get something to eat.

Miller. likes this

Basically here in NY it's been pretty hectic a good few confirmed cases. My house is under mandatory quarantine for the reason of, my mom has had influenza-like symptoms but only got tested for covid-19 and we have to wait 3-5 days to get the result yesterday after having to call an ambulance because she had trouble breathing. Shit sucks, no canned food, no toilet paper, no cleaning supplies.

I had to close the doors to my business because of all this shit going on, 6 super cars sitting in a warehouse because I can't open my doors until my mom is medically cleared, I can't have my employees there even though I trust them and need to get shit done. I understand they have the right to spend this time at home and practice all "Mandated Protocol" . I just hope all employers are treating their employees right. I'm still paying them maximum part time off the books so they don't get fucked in taxes during this time and can keep a roof over their wives and kids heads.

I also just bought a GT63s that got rear ended 2 blocks away from Mercedes 10 minutes after the keys were given to me.

This virus has been blown way out of proportion by mainstream media but honestly, I understand all the chaos over it as well if we don't stay at home and practice social distancing this thing could get really out of hand.

Edited by Seán :)
Heidelberg and Bag Of Funyuns like this

I seem to be one of the few my age still working. It seems like the Oil & Gas industry has no plans to slow down or stop - exploratory oil development was shut down but that was due to the price of oil falling. Doesn’t really affect us that work in/support plant operations.

Im fairly essential so I’ll be second to last to shutdown. The final being actual on the ground plant operators. And at that point It means supply chains are broken and on a global level that’s worse than the disease itself. So TLDR the world could fall apart and I’d have the military at my door making us go to work to ensure the flow of oil continues.

But at least I have job security in these times.

Bread, Samus_Aran, Roice and 1 other like this

I am handcuffed to a pipe in Mitch’s basement writing out the next patch. Occasionally get to eat what the dog doesn’t finish in their bowl, haven’t been able to go outside in a few weeks so I think I’m safe from the virus. Been using Mitch’s face towl as TP but I don’t think he has noticed yet. Waiting for the national guard to find me, SOS, till next time the Hughes Net satellite comes around to give WiFi where ever the fuck this basement is.

Just now, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

I am handcuffed to a pipe in Mitch’s basement writing out the next patch. Occasionally get to eat what the dog doesn’t finish in their bowl, haven’t been able to go outside in a few weeks so I think I’m safe from the virus. Been using Mitch’s face towl as TP but I don’t think he has noticed yet. Waiting for the national guard to find me, SOS, till next time the Hughes Net satellite comes around to give WiFi where ever the fuck this basement is.

Hey, back to work or so help me I’ll come down there with the hose again. 

Bread likes this

Daughter and wife are home full time right now.  Wife took a leave of absence since she works at a hospital, (2 confirmed cases at her hospital).  

Still working daily because we are building "essential" buildings (Airport Terminal and Low Income housing support in Bay Area). 

We had an in person meeting today and our HR measured 10 feet by each person, interesting to say the least.  We are business as usual except for our San Francisco office which is enforced by law, closed, until otherwise noted.

Stay safe.

In the army, bases are keeping us within a 75 mile radius so we dont travel too far, making us practice social distancing, keeping formations to a smaller size,  dining facilities are making people take food to go so we cant sit in the actual facility, sanitizing a lot, and anyone that has the plague is being quarantined in their room. they understand its probably going to spread but in order to keep us mission ready, theyre trying to slow it down so we dont all get it at once. from what i understand, dudes that are coming back from deployment are being put into a 2 week quarantine before they see their families.

Edited by ^Connor_K
3 hours ago, BaDaBiNg_10-8 said:

Working full time! The sheepdog never sleeps when the wolves threaten the sheep. 

Thank you for your service old timer.

2 hours ago, Clint Beastwood said:

This^

We have workers that work confined space, cant get the masks they need ordered because of the shortage.

Get a big rubber band and a piece of paper

BaDaBiNg_10-8 likes this