Evidence Review Team (separate from staff)

Given that the server experiences tons of RDMs per day, I suggest that the server looks for about twenty volunteers who hold the exclusive responsibility of reviewing video evidence of RDM reports. There could be an appeal function which then would go to support staff if utilized.

This would free up staff to do more meaningful things than sifting through videos, and the team could provide staff with short term notes on suggested action (comping a player a certain amount of money for lost goods due to rdm etc).

With enough manpower, we can shut this shit down swiftly. The volunteers will basically act as a toxicity filtration device, and soon the player base will be consolidated with the utmost quality.

I'm suggesting this because I know many players are frustrated on the amount of time it takes for action to be taken on a player report, and also the actual percentage of videos that result in action being taken. Many feel helpless when they get RDM'd, and many have lost so much due to this.

I believe this to be a practical solution to the problem at hand which wouldn't take too much effort to implement, and the only question is: Do we collectively do something about it?

AV

Dan. and breezy like this
2 hours ago, Aloe Vera said:

Given that the server experiences tons of RDMs per day, I suggest that the server looks for about twenty volunteers who hold the exclusive responsibility of reviewing video evidence of RDM reports. There could be an appeal function which then would go to support staff if utilized.

This would free up staff to do more meaningful things than sifting through videos, and the team could provide staff with short term notes on suggested action (comping a player a certain amount of money for lost goods due to rdm etc).

With enough manpower, we can shut this shit down swiftly. The volunteers will basically act as a toxicity filtration device, and soon the player base will be consolidated with the utmost quality.

I'm suggesting this because I know many players are frustrated on the amount of time it takes for action to be taken on a player report, and also the actual percentage of videos that result in action being taken. Many feel helpless when they get RDM'd, and many have lost so much due to this.

I believe this to be a practical solution to the problem at hand which wouldn't take too much effort to implement, and the only question is: Do we collectively do something about it?

AV

I agree you should just leave kavala and spawn somewhere else, and the admins are on top of things, but if you are getting rdmed and not reporting it then I don’t know what to tell you. Record and report.

I don't think it takes to long. my reports are usually dealt with within the hour or two of being posted. And the support team may not deal with rdms directly, but they do help with giving you information on your case. if i can any question i usually have server related or rule related i just go to support. They can also save you the hassle of putting a report in if you have in-sufficient evidence 👍

I see what you mean. But i feel the only fix to maybe less longer wait times for reports, would be more staff members who are (Volunteers). Atm i believe the staff team is prob swamped with reports due to the COVID-19 Quarantine so prob why you may feel reports are taking longer also.

BlackShot likes this

Man... most of these responses aren't very fruitful.

A) I barely get RDM'd as I'm mostly on medic. This is a server suggestion, not a 'this personally affects me so i'm bitching' suggestion.

B) Sure even if it's the admin's job, why not make the system better? This is a new proposition. Forward thinking, not complacent thinking..

C) It happens outside of Kavala.

D) Record and report is still the way, the only thing I'm proposing is more eyes on the report section of the forum. How is that a bad thing?

I'm really not sure how my idea can be possibly construed as negative.. most of these responses are complacent thinking..

4 hours ago, Aloe Vera said:

Man... most of these responses aren't very fruitful.

A) I barely get RDM'd as I'm mostly on medic. This is a server suggestion, not a 'this personally affects me so i'm bitching' suggestion.

B) Sure even if it's the admin's job, why not make the system better? This is a new proposition. Forward thinking, not complacent thinking..

C) It happens outside of Kavala.

D) Record and report is still the way, the only thing I'm proposing is more eyes on the report section of the forum. How is that a bad thing?

I'm really not sure how my idea can be possibly construed as negative.. most of these responses are complacent thinking..

I believe the main thing is though it's a good idea you can't just have a bunch of people viewing reports who aren't staff members. Could be a lot of bias decisions. I think like you said they would review the report and than send it to staff to confirm ? Regardless if there were people looking at the reports and informing staff the decision to take action would be the staff members lol. so it's like catch 22. You want the reports handled quicker but even if someone looked it over and confirmed it was rdm than sent it to a staff member it could take awhile for them to see it. just like it does now lol. The only real solution would be more staff members and i don't think it's a job many want nor that we really need more of atm. i may be wrong and others may feel different.

If you feel this strong about this you should wait for support to open up and Apply.

Aloe Vera likes this
37 minutes ago, Payne said:

I believe the main thing is though it's a good idea you can't just have a bunch of people viewing reports who aren't staff members. Could be a lot of bias decisions. I think like you said they would review the report and than send it to staff to confirm ? Regardless if there were people looking at the reports and informing staff the decision to take action would be the staff members lol. so it's like catch 22. You want the reports handled quicker but even if someone looked it over and confirmed it was rdm than sent it to a staff member it could take awhile for them to see it. just like it does now lol. The only real solution would be more staff members and i don't think it's a job many want nor that we really need more of atm. i may be wrong and others may feel different.

If you feel this strong about this you should wait for support to open up and Apply.

A meaningful response? Call the newspapers.

Thanks, Payne.