You have changed my mind

Hello,

I know i have had a hard stance on a second server. But with the amount of messages, PM's, snap chats and even a phone call. I have decided to go back on what I previously said. We are going to open a second server. Now, to be clear I don't have any idea how long this will be feasible. But with everyone at home, let's give the people a place to be. 

My plan is for the server to be a overflow server during the peak times. And, houses will come with a warning. If you choose to buy a house, you understand that the server might not always be online, and eventually one day. Could be permanently taken down. Right now I see the biggest need during the peak hours.  I don't have all the details ready to lay out here. But the plan is for the server to be ready to go by the end of the week.. I can get some of the stuff set up between now and then. But I will need Jesse to do a majority of it. I wish I could snap my fingers and have it ready to go now, but I have not mastered the magic yet.

Keep your eyes open for a thread in the coming days with the details. 

Thanks gamer,

Mitch

Mayhem, DJB, Xavorey and 32 others like this
Just now, Donald Clinton said:

just disable house buying on the second server 

That was my original idea, but then people would suffer and hate that they can't use a house to make money etc. So instead they will be warned, and if they choose to still buy a house. It will be at their risk with the understanding they will not be comped for the house or its contents.

Sliick, Donald, Boonie Hat and 3 others like this
51 minutes ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

no

Everyone Disliked That | Know Your Meme

@Mitch (IFRIT) We appreciate the second thought on an overflow as there is a metric gnash of players trying to join at peak hours.  But honestly I think players would have a better time on an overflow server if it were to be Stratis (guess thats not happening), Strife to fight and have fun, or hell even a fucking Minecraft server instead.  But I see it now there being 20 people on server 2 not fighting or interacting much but just money making in a boring ass setting.

Would be cool for the houses to be "rentable" for a week or something, with you not being able to rent the same house two times in a row. Would make it so people wouldn't lose too much when the server is down, while still giving people the ability to do meth/scotch. Would also help circulate the market so newer players aren't completely locked out.

Donald and Farmer Steve like this
31 minutes ago, Sliick said:

Everyone Disliked That | Know Your Meme

@Mitch (IFRIT) We appreciate the second thought on an overflow as there is a metric gnash of players trying to join at peak hours.  But honestly I think players would have a better time on an overflow server if it were to be Stratis (guess thats not happening), Strife to fight and have fun, or hell even a fucking Minecraft server instead.  But I see it now there being 20 people on server 2 not fighting or interacting much but just money making in a boring ass setting.

I thought about a lot of that too. Atlis is what we are going to do. There are plenty of stores and evidence to show people love the alt maps, but only for a short time. And another game is my goals but right now..people want to play arma and asylum.. this was a tough sell even for me. But here we are.

Patato, Sliick and Tarro like this
8 minutes ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

There are plenty of stores and evidence to show people love the alt maps, but only for a short time.

Isn't the whole premise of this server is that it MIGHT be temporary? If thats the case give the people what they want and make it a different map? I see where your coming from "what if it doesn't need to be shut down and stays up? Well I don't see many other popular life servers on a different map. Just my 2 cents but Altis is boring and we've been playing it for years. 

4 minutes ago, Chow Mein said:

Isn't the whole premise of this server is that it MIGHT be temporary? If thats the case give the people what they want and make it a different map? I see where your coming from "what if it doesn't need to be shut down and stays up? Well I don't see many other popular life servers on a different map. Just my 2 cents but Altis is boring and we've been playing it for years. 

well sadly it would take a bit of time for dev work to be ported over to another map, and im trying to get this rolled out asap. I guess i would be more willing to attempt something else if the data supported it. But looking at arma servers in general people love altis and the numbers show for it.

b36a6d2ddf0cf7a666da097121408976.png

a603a5778399c27aa6bd1a90dfedbbbd.png

bb685eba3e00e50817cbc3749dd759fc.png

Fried Rice and Bag Of Funyuns like this
50 minutes ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

well sadly it would take a bit of time for dev work to be ported over to another map, and im trying to get this rolled out asap. I guess i would be more willing to attempt something else if the data supported it. But looking at arma servers in general people love altis and the numbers show for it.

To be fair ive never heard of half of these servers. Im sure the name Asylum is well know throughout the Arma community which will bring people into the server. None of these servers are even a role play server and im only speaking for myself of course but I am more than willing to wait an extra week to see a refreshing map.

1 hour ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

I'm sure there are people willing to set everything up on another map.

1 hour ago, Chow Mein said:

To be fair ive never heard of half of these servers. Im sure the name Asylum is well know throughout the Arma community which will bring people into the server. None of these servers are even a role play server and im only speaking for myself of course but I am more than willing to wait an extra week to see a refreshing map.

No chance. Ask yourself why there's no Life servers on other maps, modded servers aside