You have changed my mind

Opening a new map can be a little time-consuming. On the other hand, what are we most concerned about opening a new server? I think:

1. Player base will drop down as time passes and people can start leaving their houses again
  2. Players will possibly lose their houses and investments if server is later shutdown

Re-opening Stratis can be a little time-consuming, but I think we can counter some disadvantages. For example, if player base drops, that shouldn't be a huge problem since Stratis is at least 13x smaller than Altis. You would still find decent amount of fights/action per area.

It also feels hell good to have something different than Altis. In my noob days, damn, I used to have lots of fun on Stratis. Lots of good memories.

BioHazard likes this
Just now, BlackShot said:

Opening a new map can be a little time-consuming. On the other hand, what are we most concerned about opening a new server? I think:

1. Player base will drop down as time passes and people can start leaving their houses again
  2. Players will possibly lose their houses and investments if server is later shutdown

Re-opening Stratis can be a little time-consuming, but I think we can counter some disadvantages. For example, if player base drops, that shouldn't be a huge problem since Stratis is at least 13x smaller than Altis. You would still find decent amount of fights/action per area.

It also feels hell good to have something different than Altis. In my noob days, damn, I used to have lots of fun on Stratis. Lots of good memories.

My rough estimate is that we will have the second server up for 2 weeks or so. It depends on how things go etc. I don't want to dedicate the devs time towards it more than is needed. This is a temporary bandaid to help with the overflow.

Its seems alot of people want to see OG Stratis ( With Meth ) come back. My 0.002$ is why not make it Straits, it seems like this 2nd server isnt really going to be focused on as a real server but only a back-up when S1 is full. Which brings up the question how many will S2 populate 25, 50 people maybe ? Thats a whole lot of island ( Altis ) for a small number of people running around. With Straits its a small to mid range Island perfect for those looking to get themselves into quick and chaotic fights or make some quick money while you wait for S1 to lower in numbers. If Stratis where to get added I would advise having no helicopters being such a smaller island compaired to is bigger brother Altis. Also having all of the drugs added Meth, Coke, Heroin and Weed. Along with Cartel zones, Rebel outposts, Cop HQ's, Prison and a Bank of course. 

Again this is just my thoughts on the matter. Id love to see Stratis make a return to Asylum

@Mitch (IFRIT)

5 hours ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

My rough estimate is that we will have the second server up for 2 weeks or so. It depends on how things go etc. I don't want to dedicate the devs time towards it more than is needed. This is a temporary bandaid to help with the overflow.

its a ctrl+c + ctrl+v

and changing the server restart msg to say you're on asylum#2

if this takes a week to set up, stratis would take a year

Please make this an official poll.  So many people have over 5k hours on altis.  I think the server wouldn't he dead 24/7 as you said the intention is to have a second server as spillover when server 1 is full.  Stratis would be very fun.  Having a second Map option that is only open during peak hours would be fine and something new.  Previous alt maps have had issues because there were 4 other altis servers to play on but now there is one.

17 hours ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

Hello,

I know i have had a hard stance on a second server. But with the amount of messages, PM's, snap chats and even a phone call. I have decided to go back on what I previously said. We are going to open a second server. Now, to be clear I don't have any idea how long this will be feasible. But with everyone at home, let's give the people a place to be. 

My plan is for the server to be a overflow server during the peak times. And, houses will come with a warning. If you choose to buy a house, you understand that the server might not always be online, and eventually one day. Could be permanently taken down. Right now I see the biggest need during the peak hours.  I don't have all the details ready to lay out here. But the plan is for the server to be ready to go by the end of the week.. I can get some of the stuff set up between now and then. But I will need Jesse to do a majority of it. I wish I could snap my fingers and have it ready to go now, but I have not mastered the magic yet.

Keep your eyes open for a thread in the coming days with the details. 

Thanks gamer,

Mitch

S

T

R

A

T

I

S

18 hours ago, Sliick said:

@Mitch (IFRIT) We appreciate the second thought on an overflow as there is a metric gnash of players trying to join at peak hours.  But honestly I think players would have a better time on an overflow server if it were to be Stratis (guess thats not happening), Strife to fight and have fun, or hell even a fucking Minecraft server instead.  But I see it now there being 20 people on server 2 not fighting or interacting much but just money making in a boring ass setting.

No one wants to play stratis, even when Arma was at its peak the Statis server never had more than 30 and those people were doing nothing but grinding money for the other servers. 

The unfortunate reality is that Altis is realistically the best map for a life server in Arma 3. It's huge and has a lot of variety in terms of the landscape. This is less of my opinion and more of a fact. Altis has so many well designed and positioned towns as well as areas for drug fields and such. It fits perfectly into the wheel of balance that spins for a thriving life server. This is what makes it easy for Altis life servers to grow. The other part is that any time we had an alternative map within our server selection it was always a place people almost exclusively went to make money. People are absolutely right when they say that the other map loses its population and hype with in a week to a months time. I personally wish that wasn't the case, because I legitimately enjoyed playing Stratis way back when, and playing on Malden when Strife was a thing.

29 minutes ago, Rahim said:

listen here buddy we are in need of a map that full of golden memories 

GOD DAMN BRING BACK THE NIMRODS.  @bunni @Rahim @Kennford @Analdo @Kituii @Scofield ;p @Mr.Purple  FREE OUR FUCKING PEOPLE AND SEND US HOME @Mitch (IFRIT)

STRATIS

Since I have already been messaged about not including the full roster.

Kitui, scofield, analdo, bunni, rahim, kenny, jaconite, bersabee, silent, Jarvo, Estellor

Ж | Nimrods

NIMRODS RECRUITING FOR SERVER 2 TODAY.  APPLY ON THE FORUMS.

Edited by Kituii
Mr.Purple likes this
On 3/28/2020 at 9:25 PM, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

Hello,

I know i have had a hard stance on a second server. But with the amount of messages, PM's, snap chats and even a phone call. I have decided to go back on what I previously said. We are going to open a second server. Now, to be clear I don't have any idea how long this will be feasible. But with everyone at home, let's give the people a place to be. 

My plan is for the server to be a overflow server during the peak times. And, houses will come with a warning. If you choose to buy a house, you understand that the server might not always be online, and eventually one day. Could be permanently taken down. Right now I see the biggest need during the peak hours.  I don't have all the details ready to lay out here. But the plan is for the server to be ready to go by the end of the week.. I can get some of the stuff set up between now and then. But I will need Jesse to do a majority of it. I wish I could snap my fingers and have it ready to go now, but I have not mastered the magic yet.

Keep your eyes open for a thread in the coming days with the details. 

Thanks gamer,

Mitch

Reading this makes me want to kiss you on the mouth so badly right now 

BlackShot likes this
On 3/28/2020 at 11:19 PM, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

well sadly it would take a bit of time for dev work to be ported over to another map, and im trying to get this rolled out asap. I guess i would be more willing to attempt something else if the data supported it. But looking at arma servers in general people love altis and the numbers show for it.

b36a6d2ddf0cf7a666da097121408976.png

a603a5778399c27aa6bd1a90dfedbbbd.png

bb685eba3e00e50817cbc3749dd759fc.png

only reason its popular is because its the only damn map people bother putting on their server. Plus, have you seen any comments on here saying they WANT altis? alll i see is people wanting stratis, because altis is boring asf