Smoke Exploit Poll

Joshhh

Smoke Exploit   

96 members have voted

1. 1. Make smoke exploit bannable?

• Yes
    • No

Just now, Patato said:

How the fuck do you expect us to enforce the smoke exploit...

I can tell you right now were more likely to remove smokes from the game then sit in Admin chat and argue over who did a smoke exploit...

Might aswell ban the use of yellow smokes aswell..

Feel free to hit me up to teach you how to use your eyes. Not hard to see if someone is smoking driving into the middle of the smoke hoping out and then shooting everyone.

zetherin likes this
Just now, Mason Statham said:

Feel free to hit me up to teach you how to use your eyes. Not hard to see if someone is smoking driving into the middle of the smoke hoping out and then shooting everyone.

"Oh i didn't mean too i was just slamming window"

"He is a good lad didnt mean to exploit give em a unban"

Copa likes this
Just now, Patato said:

Should probably spectate a fight and see how it's being used before commenting more there is no way most of the people do the smoke glitch can come up with the excuse their slamming window since there in the smoke isn't even normally on window and about 25m behind it.

6 minutes ago, Mason Statham said:

5 minutes ago, Patato said:

"He is a good lad didnt mean to exploit give em a unban"

its physically impossible to prove someone is smoke glitching.

IF YOU SMOKE DIP, AND THERES GUYS IN DIP, DO YOU EXPECT THEM TO JUST RUN OUT CAUSE YOU SMOKED IT? OR DO YOU EXPECT THEM TO JUST STAY AND FIGHT??

like, if im smoked on window by the enemy, i shouldnt have to run out the smoke to avoid smoke exploit ban, you cant enforce something like this

Patato likes this

Disclaimer: I have no idea how deving arma 3 works.

Couldn't there be a way for the ifrit smokes to be coded where if you are in the smoke you get your screen blurred? Similar to how tear gas works.

Also this should be reported to bohemia.

Edited by Jaster
Just now, Jaster said:

I have no idea how deving arma 3 works.

Couldn't there be a way for the ifrit smokes to be coded where if you are in the smoke you get your screen blurred? Similar to how tear gas works.

You could but it would be clunky as their is no way to tie the code to the actual position of the cloud just the canister. So IE if a helicopter came and blew the smoke the visual effect wouldn't line up with the smoke

Just now, Patato said:

You could but it would be clunky as their is no way to tie the code to the actual position of the cloud just the canister. So IE if a helicopter came and blew the smoke the visual effect wouldn't line up with the smoke

I am 90% sure the canister is the actual reason for the exploit. You have to be standing on or very close to the canister for the exploit to work. So that should still work.

2 minutes ago, Joshhh said:

If only you were 

Im ready for the next level.

Player: He smoke exploited me

Admin: He didnt kill anyone?

Player: HE GOT OUT IN THE SMOKE AND SHIFT T'd ME SO HIS BUDDY COULD SHOOT ME THRU THE SMOKE FUCKING BAN EM

Banned player: "Im just that good", "lol retard admins don't believe me i shot thru smoke"

Just now, Patato said:

You realise you have to stand on the canister for the smoke glitch to work. Are you aware of how this thing actually works? 

Goofi likes this
Just now, Patato said:

Player: HE GOT OUT IN THE SMOKE AND SHIFT T'd ME SO HIS BUDDY COULD SHOOT ME THRU THE SMOKE FUCKING BAN EM

Banned player: "Im just that good"

You're actually fucking retarded. I agree with the point that it's hard to enforce, but there's certain scenarios that are blatantly obvious that they're smoke glitching. An example would be the gyazo josh posted. Another example is when someone smokes between star and window and hops out of their ifrit into the smoke and kills 4 people. Hard to enforce but at the same time there are scenarios where it's blatantly obvious they're using the exploit. It's a grey area but should be enforced in some sort of way.

KaReeM Kinte and Walt like this
Just now, Patato said:

Banned player: "Im just that good", "lol retard admins don't believe me i shot thru smoke"

This point is so fucking irrelevant, it doesnt matter if they know where I am, its about them having an angle from somewhere in a smoke where we can't see them...

You realise you have to stand on the canister for the smoke glitch to work. Are you aware of how this thing actually works? 

Again it would be clunky, as the status effect could be longer/shorter than the smoke duration. and any tiny server hiccup is going throw it off

I think a better option would be to create a fix on the server instead of enforcing it. An example is harry potter spot. It was hard to enforce because it can be hard to tell when someone was hiding there unless you directly see him there from castle. When a wall was placed there the exploit was fixed. Same with this smoke exploit if there could be a way to fix it by coding something into the server then it would solve the issue.

Edited by Jaster
Joshhh, Dreavey and Patato like this
Just now, Jaster said:

I think a better option would be to create a fix on the server instead of enforcing it. An example is harry potter spot. It is hard to enforce because it can be hard to tell when someone was hiding there unless you directly see him there from castle. When a wall was placed there the exploit was fixed. Same with this smoke exploit if there could be a way to fix it by coding something into the server then it would solve the issue.

Yeah it doesn't have to be that its made a rule, but personally something needs to be done about it because fights are so fucking cancer with it atm

Edited by Joshhh

Alright jokes and meme's aside.

This is a nightmare to enforce, even in the most blatantly obvious cases a strong argument can be made that they didnt mean to do it. And unless they post their perspective in a montage or somthing we will never know 100%.

Also just a thought, im going to assume the same group of people are probably exploiting this over and over (As with all exploits) But If you watch an ifirit pop smoke and all of a sudden you can't hear it getting closer is it not obvious what they are doing? Just shoot a few rounds on the left hand side of the ifirit??

Just now, Patato said:

But If you watch an ifirit pop smoke and all of a sudden you can't hear it getting closer is it not obvious what they are doing? Just shoot a few rounds on the left hand side of the ifirit??

No because a smoke exploit can also be abused by the defending team or players not in the ifrit. For example if a ifrit smokes off vendor to push window the vendor guys will smoke exploit and shoot the people who are slamming window in the back.

just give it a rest my dude

Edited by Jaster
Walt and Joshhh like this
Just now, Patato said:

Alright jokes and meme's aside.

This is a nightmare to enforce, even in the most blatantly obvious cases a strong argument can be made that they didnt mean to do it. And unless they post their perspective in a montage or somthing we will never know 100%.

Also just a thought, im going to assume the same group of people are probably exploiting this over and over (As with all exploits) But If you watch an ifirit pop smoke and all of a sudden you can't hear it getting closer is it not obvious what they are doing? Just shoot a few rounds on the left hand side of the ifirit??

You cant see where the ifrit is because it's in the smoke? they engine off and roll into the smoke? spectate a fight and watch 🙂

Just now, Jaster said:

No because a smoke exploit can also be abused by the defending team or players not in the ifrit. For example if a ifrit smokes off vendor to push window the vendor guys will smoke exploit and shoot the people who are slamming window in the back.

just give it a rest my dude

I don't think he realises some fights have more than 1 ifrit 

You cant see where the ifrit is because it's in the smoke? they engine off and roll into the smoke? spectate a fight and watch 🙂

Ive spectated more fights than you have got kills.

If you want to have a discussion about this im apt. But if you want to continue being a tool we can just lock this and move on.

william likes this

I don't get kills buddy.

You have to understand from an administrative perspective this is a nightmare to enforce. And yes obviously their are very blatant cases and probably a small subset of people abusing this rule. But those are not what im talking about it. We make this a rule and anytime someone dies thru smoke their going to be in teamspeak crying

Just now, Patato said:

You have to understand from an administrative perspective this is a nightmare to enforce. And yes obviously their are very blatant cases and probably a small subset of people abusing this rule. But those are not what im talking about it. We make this a rule and anytime someone dies thru smoke their going to be in teamspeak crying

Remove ifrit smokes then till it gets fixed. It's completely game breaking and so far the only things I can think of then would be to remove ifrit smokes until it gets figured out. Spectate a days worth of fights and see how many times it gets abused. It's practically every fight nowadays