Smoke Exploit Poll

Joshhh

Smoke Exploit   

96 members have voted

1. 1. Make smoke exploit bannable?

• Yes
    • No

Just now, Patato said:

You have to understand from an administrative perspective this is a nightmare to enforce. And yes obviously their are very blatant cases and probably a small subset of people abusing this rule. But those are not what im talking about it. We make this a rule and anytime someone dies thru smoke their going to be in teamspeak crying

Only ban from obvious clips theres a difference between someone who is obviously doing it and someones who's running through the smoke to push and someone who's just glitching it.

53 minutes ago, Donk said:

I love when retard admins try to argue about something they have no clue about. When’s the last time patato even sat foot on arms island? Fucking boomers man 🤦🏻‍♂️

Your right i have no idea how the administrative side of things work around here. Definitly not suited to have an opinion saying "This isn't going to be enforceable"

To answer your question probably a handful of times outside of a rebel raid, But i have spent hundreds of hours spectating and recording terabytes of footage to try and substantiate the literally daily claims of "Hacking"

No one in your gang hacks tho am i right? Oh wait no its your gang that i was watching.

Pizza Man likes this
1 hour ago, Patato said:

Alright jokes and meme's aside.

This is a nightmare to enforce, even in the most blatantly obvious cases a strong argument can be made that they didnt mean to do it. And unless they post their perspective in a montage or somthing we will never know 100%.

Also just a thought, im going to assume the same group of people are probably exploiting this over and over (As with all exploits) But If you watch an ifirit pop smoke and all of a sudden you can't hear it getting closer is it not obvious what they are doing? Just shoot a few rounds on the left hand side of the ifirit??

can we get an admin that knows cartels to comment on this situation

Masonn, Revenant and Dreavey like this
6 minutes ago, Patato said:

Never, But i have spent hundreds of hours spectating and recording terabytes of footage to try and substantiate the literally daily claims of "Hacking"

No one in your gang hacks tho am i right?

The day i started playing i said Water was cheating but what's me telling someone that i think someone cheating? Hard to get evidence on someone you play with since they're not normally the one killing you. Still waiting for anyone to show me evidence on Goofi's ban, you guys always go on about how you need all this evidence but where is it against him? A olympus ban nice one Olympus admins have always got things right before.

KaReeM Kinte likes this
Just now, TRYHARD said:

If its made a rule only retards would follow it. How you gonna know if someone does it? All you see is someone walk into a smoke and get a kill. All hes got to say is he saw a name through smoke. 

its more so if they get like 3 kills, then its obvious and they should be banned

Just now, Mason Statham said:

The day i started playing i said Water was cheating but what's me telling someone that i think someone cheating? Hard to get evidence on someone you play with since they're not normally the one killing you. Still waiting for anyone to show me evidence on Goofi's ban, you guys always go on about how you need all this evidence but where is it against him? A olympus ban nice one Olympus admins have always got things right before.

If Olympus is so great why do you sit here and whine? 

Also you can ask Steve for evidence as he placed the ban, But we dont exactly give out details on how we ban a cheater.

Pizza Man likes this

Anyways, 

Its pointless to go back and forth on this. The point has been made, i think we can all agree that yes they are exploiting the mechanics of Arma and Its safe to assume that this is not an intended mechanic of Arma (Much like the vault glitch).

My argument is that from an administrative perspective that its basically impossible to enforce outside of the most blatent of scenarios. This has been forwarded off to CM & Ownership and they can make a decision on how or if they want to enforce something like this. ill leave the poll open.

Thank you all for your feedback