Spike Strip Restrictions

Spike strips need restricted, its getting pretty ridiculous.  They should not be able to be placed inside of Fed Domes or the evidence locker.  You can buy spike strips at the evidence locker.  Why this hasnt been addressed is pretty ridiculous.

Restrict spikestrips to outside of the evidence locker 100m due to blatant abuse and do not allow spikestrips to be placed within 5m of a fed dome would be a pretty good solution that allows it to be still used correctly without being abused.  When you try to do a fed and there are spikestrips inside before you get there kinda 😕 

As well as make them destructable by civs with a scrollwheel option would be great.

Edited by Kituii
Yuki Hayami likes this
Just now, John Lemmon said:

We usually shoot the cops in red zones, but I suppose your name refers to your ingame abilities

Dont see how that helps you get the Hemmtt out of the dome with the gear.

Cant wait to spend 30mins repairing and moving the hemmtt an inch because some constable thought they were clever

8 minutes ago, salty.connor said:

@Patato your the new gnashes btw

9 minutes ago, John Lemmon said:

Thats like saying you're only defending the bottom floor at the bank instead of preventing them to even get close

10 minutes ago, Eduardo said:

U cant get it out through the back, squeeze it through

10 minutes ago, Oskarr said:

how tf do u even manage to let the cops spike that?

10 minutes ago, salty.connor said:

legit drive through them with no wheels then repair 

Drop all items at HQ. Buys 17 spike strips per cop for 3 cops (This happened btw)

https://i.gyazo.com/ffcd67d294b6efbcc6eb2973872d832b

That but at every chokepoint at/in the fed Instead of them spammed along the main road effectively making a literal field 

Basically forces you to unload the fed by hand and manually transfer them all by walking.
I dont think its unreasonable to ask for a scroll wheel option to destroy spikestrips as a civ

3 minutes ago, Patato said:

Drop all items at HQ. Buys 17 spike strips among 3 cops (This happened btw)

That but at every chokepoint at/in the fed (Instead of them spammed along the main road)

Basically forces you to unload the fed by hand and manually transfer them all by walking.
I dont think its unreasonable to ask for a scroll wheel option to destroy spikestrips as a civ

how does it get to that point tho? are u guys not defending?

3 minutes ago, Patato said:

Drop all items at HQ. Buys 17 spike strips among 3 cops (This happened btw)

That but at every chokepoint at/in the fed (Instead of them spammed along the main road)

I totally agree with the scroll wheel option

Patato likes this
Just now, Oskarr said:

how does it get to that point tho? are u guys not defending?

They do this right after restart (Apparently no clean up script?)

To clarify im not saying its impossible. But i can see how its not exactly fun for a civilian (im a career cop and i think its dumb so idk what to tell you)

15 minutes ago, salty.connor said:

usually what I see if people try to recommend stuff you just shoot them down and lock the thread 

If its already something we have addressed then we lock it. (idk if you remember haphazard he would do it constantly)

We already have 50+ threads all saying "Bring Tanoa back" we don't need another. Especially when it doesn't bring anything new to change our position on it.

Devs/CMs/Admins read just about every thread put in the suggestion forum. 

Its better for us to put an official stance out there (Hence the frequently suggested suggestions thread) then it is for us to explain individually to every single person who comes and suggests the same thing. or worse just flat out ignore threads made. (At which point people come into teamspeak to hound devs about it)

When someone identifies a problem and suggests a solution then i'm all ears. but when it devolves into "Stfu Patato you're a retard just like Gnashes". No point in talking about it anymore. Perfect example is why i left the smoke exploit thread open as long as i did i was more than happy to hear peoples opinion on it - it only got locked once it started to get retarded. The bulk of the conversation then moved to teamspeak where it was a much more calm conversation and people could properly explain to me what was going on so i could forward it to mitch. Obviously mitch handled it the way he did which is his right. Whether you agree or not. But at least he was informed properly of the issue.

If you want to compare me to Gnashes you can do so but the discussion below can speak for itself?

1fb8dc5331229ce3c28566911a5cab0e.png

As for this thread - Henry has made a few changes to spike strips which will be released next patch to address the issue. After some use on the next patch we can re-evaluate and people will be more than welcome to post suggestions. (Either for or against the changes)

Thank you for your feedback