Striders for civs.

Striders for civs  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Striders for civs

Just now, HEYSOOS? said:

why do you want striders?

Situational pushes, lower to the ground making body's easier to cover and to look cool but mainly why can cops have them and civs cant? They aren't any better than ifrits in fights mainly because there cons ie huge none tilted front glass making it penetrable by 5.56 and only 4 seats

Kituii and Xehons like this
Just now, Storm7 said:

Situational pushes, lower to the ground making body's easier to cover and to look cool but mainly why can cops have them and civs cant? They aren't any better than ifrits in fights mainly because there cons ie huge none tilted front glass making it penetrable by 5.56 and only 4 seats

why can civs have ifrits when cops cant

Just now, HEYSOOS? said:

Like???

Spawning with a mid tier loadout able to armor stack with coveralls and police vest, cheaper vehicles, getting money when lethaling, spawning at the place they gear, drones, 1k flashbangs, not losing y inv on death. This list could go on forever you get the point because you are a cop

Xehons likes this
5 minutes ago, Gary Wong said:

why can't civs drive in the water but medics and cops can???

Just now, Storm7 said:

Because all of the other things cops have

Lol like 6 Medics have the strider and its pretty pointless as they cant exactly drop on people.

Technically speaking 8 LT's and 2 Captains have access to the Strider.

The rest are Admins/Owners or some retired rank that has them in their garage.

Combine every single officer that has access to them & Admins/Owner/Retired. its still less than 2% of the entire APD having access to a strider.

2 hours ago, Storm7 said:

cheaper vehicles

Hatchbacks, offroads, SUVs, Vans, and Orcas are all basically the same price. Hummingbirds and prowlers are a little bit cheaper. Hunter is cheaper (but total shit against rebels who have 7.62), Strider is cheaper than the iFrit (again total shit compared to it, but we will get to that later), and I think I have covered most of the cop vehicles.

getting money when lethaling

Yes it is fantastic getting 20% of your bounty which will then be split within 2km of you. I am sure that 20k split 10 ways (2k each) for your 100k bounty is how I made my millions. Shall we casually forget the gold bar you sell for 50k, I seize for 2k. And again that 2k gets split with every cop within 2km.

spawning at the place they gear

Rebels already complain about how long it takes for us to respond to prisons, banks, feds and evidence. You want to extend that time by making us go somewhere else to gear up? I am 99% sure I have seen 911s from you complaining about how long we take or how shit we are. Don't you want to kill us more? Isn't that the point of why we are all here? To fight? You want to have a fight where it takes the other side just as long to gear up go fight a cartel. Want to balance the odds against the APD, go load your Telos house with gear.

drones

Oh yes the lovely drone. Don't get me wrong, they can be extremely powerful. I have a powerful enough computer I could easily camp every major drug field with a single drone. If we did this no one would want to do anything as soon as a SGT logged on. It would completely destroy people's ability to do any run because the APD would know about it. Let's also remember that if I die, soft log or try to use a simple function of the drone I will probably end up getting kicked from the server cause of said drone.

1k flashbangs

Honestly dropped flashbangs from my loadout a while ago. Took an extra talent, never used them, have to pay 1k every time I die. From what I have seen a vast majority of officers don't carry them either. There are still plenty who do, but not nearly as many as don't.

not losing y inv on death

The APD faction is designed to entertain rebels. It is built to give them fights and chases. Make a cop buy their y every single time they die trying to attack your fortified house, bank, fed, prison you are not going to see cops. They will give their two lives and fuck off back to Sofia where they don't die every 5 seconds. I still pay the exact same price I would on civ for every medical item I buy. No I don't have to buy a defib every time I die, but if I did, I would never be in any fights. You complain about lethals now? Take away cops keeping y and everything will turn into sniper elite with lethals.

Because all of the other things cops have

Sorry rebels don't have anything cops don't? Shall we make a list, I'll tell you what, I will put it in a spoiler so this post doesn't get any longer.

Spoiler

1. Zafier

2. 7.62 with 75 round drum

3. LIM

4. RPGs

5. Sui vests

6. 4 different armed vehicles

7. iFrits

8. Not needing to initiate in red zones (only UC cops don't have to)

9. Ability to pick where most of their fights will occur.

10. Only following server rules, not required to follow an additional guidebook which is much longer than the server rules.

11. Ability to pick where spawn points are via houses.

12. No ratio requiring more people of a different faction log in to play.

13. Speed bombs

14. Lethal Grenades (Yes we have flashbangs, but they are more annoying, not lethal)

15. Zero activity requirements to maintain any of the above. (Several of the toys the APD has you are complaining about are SGT+)

So shall we finally get to what this topic is actually about? Striders.

1.8% of the entire APD has access to the strider. A vehicle which is only superior to the iFrit because of its amphibious capabilities. The front glass of the strider can be 1 tapped by a 7.62, in order to smoke you must have someone in commander, the vehicle is only able to carry 4 people. The iFrit on the other hand, can't go in water, small slits high up on the sides (which are difficult to shoot through from the ground anyway), is a bit higher off the ground, and costs more. Please tell me how the strider is superior to the iFrit? Is the strider really that great of a vehicle that rebels really need it? The main reason you gave for wanting them is that the APD has them. Not a very persuasive argument when less than 2% of a white listed faction has something. From what I am seeing, you want another legal variation of armor to go steamroll constables with. Sorry, but the APD gets steamrolled enough, we don't need another thing to flatten them with.

Edited by bbgreg17
Jake, Patato, Fitz and 5 others like this
3 hours ago, Storm7 said:

a rook can shoot out a striders side glass pal

Patato likes this
1 hour ago, bbgreg17 said:

Hatchbacks, offroads, SUVs, Vans, and Orcas are all basically the same price. Hummingbirds and prowlers are a little bit cheaper. Hunter is cheaper (but total shit against rebels who have 7.62), Strider is cheaper than the iFrit (again total shit compared to it, but we will get to that later), and I think I have covered most of the cop vehicles.

Yes it is fantastic getting 20% of your bounty which will then be split within 2km of you. I am sure that 20k split 10 ways (2k each) for your 100k bounty is how I made my millions. Shall we casually forget the gold bar you sell for 50k, I seize for 2k. And again that 2k gets split with every cop within 2km.

Rebels already complain about how long it takes for us to respond to prisons, banks, feds and evidence. You want to extend that time by making us go somewhere else to gear up? I am 99% sure I have seen 911s from you complaining about how long we take or how shit we are. Don't you want to kill us more? Isn't that the point of why we are all here? To fight? You want to have a fight where it takes the other side just as long to gear up go fight a cartel. Want to balance the odds against the APD, go load your Telos house with gear.

Oh yes the lovely drone. Don't get me wrong, they can be extremely powerful. I have a powerful enough computer I could easily camp every major drug field with a single drone. If we did this no one would want to do anything as soon as a SGT logged on. It would completely destroy people's ability to do any run because the APD would know about it. Let's also remember that if I die, soft log or try to use a simple function of the drone I will probably end up getting kicked from the server cause of said drone.

Honestly dropped flashbangs from my loadout a while ago. Took an extra talent, never used them, have to pay 1k every time I die. From what I have seen a vast majority of officers don't carry them either. There are still plenty who do, but not nearly as many as don't.

The APD faction is designed to entertain rebels. It is built to give them fights and chases. Make a cop buy their y every single time they die trying to attack your fortified house, bank, fed, prison you are not going to see cops. They will give their two lives and fuck off back to Sofia where they don't die every 5 seconds. I still pay the exact same price I would on civ for every medical item I buy. No I don't have to buy a defib every time I die, but if I did, I would never be in any fights. You complain about lethals now? Take away cops keeping y and everything will turn into sniper elite with lethals.

Sorry rebels don't have anything cops don't? Shall we make a list, I'll tell you what, I will put it in a spoiler so this post doesn't get any longer.

Reveal hidden contents

1. Zafier

3. LIM

4. RPGs

5. Sui vests

7. iFrits

10. Only following server rules, not required to follow an additional guidebook which is much longer than the server rules.

13. Speed bombs

14. Lethal Grenades (Yes we have flashbangs, but they are more annoying, not lethal)

15. Zero activity requirements to maintain any of the above. (Several of the toys the APD has you are complaining about are SGT+)

1.8% of the entire APD has access to the strider. A vehicle which is only superior to the iFrit because of its amphibious capabilities. The front glass of the strider can be 1 tapped by a 7.62, in order to smoke you must have someone in commander, the vehicle is only able to carry 4 people. The iFrit on the other hand, can't go in water, small slits high up on the sides (which are difficult to shoot through from the ground anyway), is a bit higher off the ground, and costs more. Please tell me how the strider is superior to the iFrit? Is the strider really that great of a vehicle that rebels really need it? The main reason you gave for wanting them is that the APD has them. Not a very persuasive argument when less than 2% of a white listed faction has something. From what I am seeing, you want another legal variation of armor to go steamroll constables with. Sorry, but the APD gets steamrolled enough, we don't need another thing to flatten them with.

Who tf is reading that

5 hours ago, Ryan2150 said:

why can civs have ifrits when cops cant

Why can cops raid houses and civs cant? Why can cops siren to initiate and civs cant? why do cops get their shit for 1/8 of the price?

3 hours ago, bbgreg17 said:

@HomeUser

Edited by Black_Jesus

I know we have ifrit skins and hunter skins but it would be cool if you saw more people/gangs using other armored vehicles. the strider is crap compared to the ifrit so is the hunter. When you see gang's doing shit you'll usually see them rolling in their ifrits & hunters. i'd like to see some cool strider skins lol. that's literally it, the vehicle itself is fairly useless, other than the fact it is armored (And drives on water).

I couldn't see civs being given striders lol, anytime soon at least. What would we even do with them ?

4 hours ago, bbgreg17 said:

Reveal hidden contents

1. Zafier

3. LIM

4. RPGs

5. Sui vests

7. iFrits

13. Speed bombs

Illegal...

35 minutes ago, TRYHARD said:

Cops so pressed about having the strider exclusively but complain about how the rebel ifrits are so strong. 

Maybe if rebels could buy hunters/striders at a cheaper price youd be able to pen the glass with those MXM's.... Just a thought.

Ifrit dies in 1 mag of 6.5 to the side glass.

I think Civs should have Mi-58 Kajmans it just helps with the whole rebel roleplay thing.  As a cop I always think "This bank is so easy to stop the civs should have attack helicopters with rockets and 50mm guns, otherwise the APD and my 15k loadout I lose every time I get gunned down by some gang of three kids who decide to pop out of an orca and light up an HQ because they see us arresting some kid with a shotgun, just are sick and tired of letting this APD run rampant across the country side."  

Like lord almighty you win some you lose some, if everyone thinks the APD is overpowered can we at least actually be overpowered? Like I want those 50's on the side of the ghosthawk to have some fucking ammo.  Also I want an IFV-6c Panther for Kavala control operations, its the only way.

Striders are cool, I want one, it should be that simple.

Edited by P.FitzWallace

Fat fucking no, kitui and his gang are just making these polls as I guess one too many striders have ruined their smash and grabs. Besides, y’all complain cops have so many things when in realty 99% of us don’t have 7.62, armored vehicles, and most of the time we’re forced to down while y’all have all of above and can kill plus more. Don’t get me started with this bull.

11 minutes ago, skimancole said:

Fat fucking no, kitui and his gang are just making these polls as I guess one too many striders have ruined their smash and grabs. Besides, y’all complain cops have so many things when in realty 99% of us don’t have 7.62, armored vehicles, and most of the time we’re forced to down while y’all have all of above and can kill plus more. Don’t get me started with this bull.

actually i thought being able to claim specific APD vehicles IE ghosthawks hurons and Striders would be something new that could be added to the server as getting them from the APD is a pain in the fucking ass and it would be a nice reward.

1 hour ago, Kituii said:

actually i thought being able to claim specific APD vehicles IE ghosthawks hurons and Striders would be something new that could be added to the server as getting them from the APD is a pain in the fucking ass and it would be a nice reward.

@Patato i think its time to lock 

we all agreed no on the striders

Edited by salty.connor