Player owned shops

Shop System  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Player owned shops?

• Yes
    • No

Recently going around looking for houses, I started thinking of all the unused shop buildings throughout the map that are useless and take up a decent amount of some towns. I'm not sure if it'd mess with the economy or anything but I came up with a few ideas regarding them that could be interesting.

1. Allow players to purchase the currently non purchasable shop front buildings for ~$200k base price
    1. Limit the storage on it to only allow you to put in items you list for sale so it can't just be used as another house.
    2. Each player can only own 1 shop building per server, and it takes up 1 of the 5 house spots
    3. Able to sell physical and virtual inventory (I had an interface similar to how housing interfaces work in my head)
    4. Possible tax on items sold idk where they would go tho
    5. Maybe not allow player shops to be purchased in spawn towns so you can just spawn in and buy rebel gear
  2. Police intervention
    1. Illegal and legal items are both able to be sold, but police are able to search the shop and raid the illegal items (or temporarily shut down the shop) to help balance out the shops
    2. Obviously will need probable cause such as seeing somebody purchase an illegal weapon from the shop (another suggestion in section about governor)
  3. Not sure if governor will be added in but some suggestions of how it could be tied in
    1. For police to raid a shop, they need a warrant from the governor. The shop owner can pay off the governor to not approve the warrant.
    2. Instead of the previous annoying global tax, the governor could receive the tax money from the shops and control that from 0-10%
Edited by Veezara
Um I apparently was really tired when I wrote this and one sentence was not english
POL, Calle., Huan Lee and 2 others like this
On 12/1/2019 at 11:27 AM, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

With a server that is performing this well. I think we are all ready for some much needed content additions. I have been talking with the development team about plans to bring just that. I am confident that these plans will be something that everyone enjoys in once aspect or another. Some of my initial plans include.

• Swat
  • Player Owned Shops
  • Marshal law
  • Civ Drug houses (think drug dealer)
  • Money making seasons (Increased sell price for X product. Legal and illegal)
  • A return of player to player sales of goods and weapons
  • Stats page 
  • Actual reasons to war, war kills, war points etc.

@Mitch (IFRIT) 

10 hours ago, salty.connor said:

yeah but how would this be any different from general store rebel stores etc?

wouldn't you lose money on the items you are selling since most of the server will buy them from rebel

or would most shop owners just make the weapons 

Not just weapons but also ingredients such as barley,,diamonds, ephedra. Player shops should also sell products that are high risk like drugs since some of us prefer not to take on the risk at drug dealer[selling unprocessed coke]. Ideally there should be a minimum order quantity to help sellers with profits.

Ultimately, the biggest purpose player shops should serve is helping buyers save time, helping sellers make a profit quickly, and encourage interactions among the community. 

Veezara likes this