Server 2

23 hours ago, william said:

2 days in a weekend btw

4 or 8 does it really fucking matter? Its still an autistic argument to say "pay for 30 days so I can play for 8" and god forbid someone hit the wrong key on their num pad at 1 AM.

Edited by HotWings

By the way the real reason that player count has been declining over the years is because you guys have altered the amount of damage 7.62mm rifles do, especially on civ clothes and coveralls and tac vests.  Instead of making your server just like any other FPS shooter like CS:GO or Rust (which got tainted by this too), it should have stayed the way Arma was intended to be played. 

I remember when a level 3 vest would save you from ONE bullet, and now naked civs and cops are surviving multiple shots.  Don't tell me these settings of bullet damage and HP haven't been tweaked because I hadn't seen nakeds getting bloody and flinching MULTIPLE times, or cops surviving more than 2 shots until the last time I started playing.  Nowadays it's about peaking and getting multiple hit markers on someone, rather than tactical position and teamwork.  The more servers do this, the more people will quit Arma 3 in general, which will result in less players on Altis Life.

Edited by Robert
mitch = big gay
2 hours ago, Robert said:

By the way the real reason that player count has been declining over the years is because you guys have altered the amount of damage 7.62mm rifles do, especially on civ clothes and coveralls and tac vests.  Instead of making your server just like any other FPS shooter like CS:GO or Rust (which got tainted by this too), it should have stayed the way Arma was intended to be played. 

I remember when a level 3 vest would save you from ONE bullet, and now naked civs and cops are surviving multiple shots.  Don't tell me these settings of bullet damage and HP haven't been tweaked because I hadn't seen nakeds getting bloody and flinching MULTIPLE times, or cops surviving more than 2 shots until the last time I started playing.  Nowadays it's about peaking and getting multiple hit markers on someone, rather than tactical position and teamwork.  The more servers do this, the more people will quit Arma 3 in general, which will result in less players on Altis Life.

That's it boys, the man has figured it out.

7.62 has lead to the death of Asylum.

2l2av8at5sn31.jpg

😂

I hate coveralls and the fact they're on the server.  But wtf are you talking about lmfao

HotWings and luke110 like this
5 hours ago, william said:

Salty ShitWings back at it again

Totally.  Not like my point isn't correct and you're just a moron.  You cant even say its not, all you can say is "youre salty" which doesnt even make sense you mong.

Edited by HotWings

Boonie Hat and Sheriff Rick like this
4 hours ago, Robert said:

1htemhh633r21.jpg

4 hours ago, Robert said:

Caught us. We altered the 7.62's...

8 hours ago, Robert said:

The fuck did I just read?

Niklaus likes this

Buys houses a month ago to start playing it again; month later "we're shutting #2 down you wont be compensated and there's no market so you're losing the money you just threw at it!" That's just fucking great. All the houses on 1 are bought, having one server is bullshit. -100

Edited by OptionsFinest
Just now, OptionsFinest said:

Buys houses a month ago to start playing it again; month later "we're shutting #2 down you wont be compensated and there's no market so you're losing the money you just threw at it!" That's just fucking great. All the houses on 1 are bought, having one server is bullshit. -100

Pretty sure you got a warning when going to buy houses on S2

Joshhh, Niklaus, Walt and 1 other like this
3 hours ago, OptionsFinest said:

You've been here since 2016.  You've probably saw 2 and 3 go down before and you probably saw the disclaimer post Mitch made when he reopened server 2.  You did that shit at your own risk

3 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick said:

You've been here since 2016.  You've probably saw 2 and 3 go down before and you probably saw the disclaimer post Mitch made when he reopened server 2.  You did that shit at your own risk

Yea when you bought houses there was a lengthy warning message beore you hit the buy button,  you could tell it would close soon bc pop on s2 slowly dropped 

Niklaus likes this
On 5/12/2020 at 5:39 PM, Robert said:

just going to quote you because it's funny, lol.

Just now, P.FitzWallace said:

I think we should have one server with 150 cap,  I know it costs as much as the Liberian defense budget but I want 75 people in kavala at all times and this seems like the only way 

Desync starts to get bad after 120

2 hours ago, P.FitzWallace said:

I think we should have one server with 150 cap,  I know it costs as much as the Liberian defense budget but I want 75 people in kavala at all times and this seems like the only way 

and i thought i had the gayest comments on the forums

12 hours ago, Dillon said:

Why not just have a second that is at 50 pop max and if it doesn’t fill while s1 isn’t filled THEN close the server.

That doesn't even make sense. IF you're going to run two servers it has to be with the full intent that both servers are to remain at full capacity or close to full capacity. You don't open half servers, especially if that server being up is solely dependent on the population of the other server. If there were enough active players to justify two servers there would be two servers, there isnt, so there wont be.  Get an autohotkey and spam in.

9 hours ago, HotWings said:

That doesn't even make sense. IF you're going to run two servers it has to be with the full intent that both servers are to remain at full capacity or close to full capacity. You don't open half servers, especially if that server being up is solely dependent on the population of the other server. If there were enough active players to justify two servers there would be two servers, there isnt, so there wont be.  Get an autohotkey and spam in.

I wasn’t complaining jackass I was leaving a suggestion but go ahead mr white knight get all defensive.

Also it would make sense if you take a min to think about how they could do it but since you obviously are the guardian of asylum and support every single decision the administration makes I’ll explain a way they could do it.

the pop of the server could start at 50 and if it caps while s1 caps they increase it by 10 slots and so on so fourth. If they wanna aim for the max at 120 then they continue to increase the slots as long as s1 stays caped. If s2 cannot fill up then that shows the server would really need to go down. Or they could keep it as an overflow server. 

Do you have anything else to say Mr white knight?

Edited by Dillon