Changelog - 5/12/2020

Jesse

Just now, skimancole said:

I mean they’re technically bounty hunter equipment. Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think you can pull ifrits as a bounty hunter either as the talents clash

If they added a talent for hunters i would get it

Just now, Bag Of Funyuns said:

and where do you buy the hunter at?

where do u buy ifrits and bh's can use them

Veezara likes this
5 hours ago, Patato said:

No Policy has been set forth by the captains, for all you know the Hunter will have to have a pink unicorn inside of it to be seized. We frequently monitor things happening on the server, if we see every hunter being seized on sight i would expect a swift change.

Have you considered that may be possibly the intent? Its almost like theirs a scaling difficulty with prison being the easiest. Its almost as if Evidence lockup is meant to be only done by the most determined gangs. As you said yourself "Dont get me wrong, we'll still win at these events". Spike strips were also nerfed in the previous patch and the issue is being monitored, if we find unacceptable use of spike strips we will continue to take steps to rectify it.

It seems to me after our previous conversation you are heavily disillusioned about how Asylum works, you act as if we are specifically targeting a single gang or group of people. Yet what you don't understand is when i look at the logs, you are a 16 digit number and i don't care who you are at all. - we can see exactly how many Gold bars are sold & how frequently federal events are being done. But just for a moment perhaps you could expand your extremely narrow view and think to yourself "Hmm perhaps they are trying to combat the currently inflating economy because drug fields aren't being patrolled at all due to back to back federal events. Its almost like during the month we had multiple instances where federal events were done back to back in sequence to the point where officers were responding to them for 3 hours straight without a single drug being seized during that time.

But you're right, its the loudest voice in the meeting. Not a group of people with the proper information at their disposal making a informed decision. We value the opinions of our community - That is a fact but if i went on the server right now and asked if i should give everyone a million dollars and a suicide vest. The vast majority online would be in favor, even though it would be a detriment to the server as a whole. Additionally the forums is a small slice of our community. Many players AFD/APD included do not use it in a frequent engagement and at the end of the day Developers/Admins/Owners are going to do what they think is best for the community as a whole, even if its at the detriment to a group. If we wanted to kill the community, WE CAN JUST TURN THE SERVER OFF? if the goal was destruction of the community Mitch can save a whole lot of time money and effort just by not paying the bill.

We heavily monitor everything on the server and we will step in when we think necessary. (Cops have been given a large buff and we will wait and see how SWAT plays in and adjust as neccessary, i myself have already nerfed swat once by limiting some of the weapons available to SWAT - we also have multiple avenues of balencing SWAT in the future. IE adjusting the formula that determines how many SWAT are allowed to respond) If targeting your gang was the goal i could have "Cried and yelled the loudest" to have nerfed the shit out of the federal reserve in December of 2019 when i saw an increase in gold bar sales (Yes i have that data). Its almost like i prefer seeing Federal events being done instead of cops endlessly camping drug areas. But we need to find a balance. Just as i don't want to see APD endlessly camping drug fields, i don't want to see them sitting fighting rebels for 3-5 hours straight and ignoring the drug fields.

And to be clear, its a group of people at the helm. I personally dont like every single change that happens in a patch. I can make my case and provide supporting data. However i recognize other people look at data and feedback differently - the server has alot of broken aspects and things that need to be addressed, we are volunteers and have lives and jobs outside of the game.

Hey Patato, I appreciate the response the you gave, it's nice to see a line by line rebuttal of my argument as opposed to just pure flame. That being said, I think it's fair to say you strawman quite a bit in your post. Of course no admin with a brain is going to give 1 mil and a sui vest to every player on the server, im talking in regards to the poll (which the community voted on) and the idea that was just implemented was defeated. So another cop brought it up again, defeated again. But it's added anyway lol. The increased Fed cooldown will do nothing to change the way we play because we have to wait for the fed to fill up anyways. Now, we just need to camp it so that West Side Wetards don't do a 1 bar smash and grab and lock us out of it for an hour. IMO the cooldown should be based on what you get out of it. For example 1-5 bars is 15 min CD, 6-15 bars 30 min CD, 16-32 bars 1 hour CD. That way one idiot with a bolt cutter and a meme can't lock out a group of 10-15 ppl for an hour by trolling the fed. 

In regards to evidence, you say spike strips got nerfed... how? You increased the price but it doesn't matter lol. Most of these career cops have millions to use so 1k per spike strip is chump change for them. Not to mention, to destroy them using the new "feature" we are locked in a 15 sec animation that has a chance to fail, when spikes themselves are deployed instantly. Also evidence is supposed to be the crown jewel of events for rebels to do right? So why not adjust the loot table like we have asked for, for so long? We want scopes/vests to spawn in the hemmit and perhaps a buff in the drop rate of zephir's/ammo for it. In my experience it's about every 8 evidence lockers we do where we get a zephir, and then after that, we only get 2 mags for it. Sounds like a lot of work for something that doesn't pay back well. That's why I'm complaining, because it seems like our suggestions just get swept under the rug, while other peoples (cops) get fast tracked to the update queue.

You say that I'm "disillusioned" about my gang being the cause of these changes, and I say that you are understating the obvious. These passed changes are a direct result of our playstyle and you really can't deny it. I mean, speak to any cop and they'll tell you the same thing. I logged on today and was met with no fewer than 5 people going "oh how about that nerf to you guys, you must be so mad xD". If anything it's flattering that the administration needs to step in to help these kids since we're playing so well, but flattery only keeps me interested so long. I understand the cops need help, but I think the help being provided is being given in the wrong areas. As I've stated many times, I think the cops have every tool available for them to be competitive and win these events, but they just don't use the tools they already have so their trigger fingers become typing fingers here on the forums. Let me put this into perspective, I, a rebel, am paying 35k for my loadout, i pull a hunter (52k) and fill it with a gold bar. My total investment (minus demos/drills/bolt cutters/ etc) is around 87k per each fed I do. Now a cop who uses their free loadout, and a sport hatch (5k) thinks it's unfair I would win that engagement. I am spending over 10x his loadout cost just to get there lol. The reason hunters became op and same with other armor is that the higher ups have no trust in their lower downs. They refuse to pull armor,vans,helis etc that would help them win their engagement. That's where the problem is here, it's not that rebels are too op, it's that the cops are too cheap imo. A sgt or higher could easily pull a hunter, load it with 2-3 ppl and drive around our tempests, shoot out the engine, drop on us, etc. But they don't, they prefer to either play sniper elite in telos, or drive their armor around solo and never drop. That's not a balance problem, that's a game sense problem. 

Lastly, you said I should my money where my mouth is, and I have. I have applied for mod so a disenting opinion could potentially be added to discuss future changes, but let's be honest my app is probably sitting in the trash can somewhere atm. Another way I put my money where my mouth is, is offering all of the cops a chance to play Civ for a week, and all of my gang would play cop. I guarantee our success rate in stopping federal events would be light years above the current rate. I understand you guys have real lives and can't be on 24/7, but I don't anyone here expects you to be. Real lives aside though, as an administration you have a duty to do right by your community. We've tried to go through proper channels, we suggested things, proposed other things, hell the idea to make corner walls of evidence being indestructible was OUR idea lol. But we asked in turn to have spike strips limited or disabled for giving up those 4 entry points, and to buff the loot inside, neither of which was added or even hinted at being added. This is where the frustration comes in, we don't feel like we're being heard. Either way, I appreciate your time and hope that maybe sometime in the future we can but heads less and actually discuss and be heard more.

2 minutes ago, Envy_ said:

Hey Patato, I appreciate the response the you gave, it's nice to see a line by line rebuttal of my argument as opposed to just pure flame. That being said, I think it's fair to say you strawman quite a bit in your post. Of course no admin with a brain is going to give 1 mil and a sui vest to every player on the server, im talking in regards to the poll (which the community voted on) and the idea that was just implemented was defeated. So another cop brought it up again, defeated again. But it's added anyway lol. The increased Fed cooldown will do nothing to change the way we play because we have to wait for the fed to fill up anyways. Now, we just need to camp it so that West Side Wetards don't do a 1 bar smash and grab and lock us out of it for an hour. IMO the cooldown should be based on what you get out of it. For example 1-5 bars is 15 min CD, 6-15 bars 30 min CD, 16-32 bars 1 hour CD. That way one idiot with a bolt cutter and a meme can't lock out a group of 10-15 ppl for an hour by trolling the fed. 

In regards to evidence, you say spike strips got nerfed... how? You increased the price but it doesn't matter lol. Most of these career cops have millions to use so 1k per spike strip is chump change for them. Not to mention, to destroy them using the new "feature" we are locked in a 15 sec animation that has a chance to fail, when spikes themselves are deployed instantly. Also evidence is supposed to be the crown jewel of events for rebels to do right? So why not adjust the loot table like we have asked for, for so long? We want scopes/vests to spawn in the hemmit and perhaps a buff in the drop rate of zephir's/ammo for it. In my experience it's about every 8 evidence lockers we do where we get a zephir, and then after that, we only get 2 mags for it. Sounds like a lot of work for something that doesn't pay back well. That's why I'm complaining, because it seems like our suggestions just get swept under the rug, while other peoples (cops) get fast tracked to the update queue.

You say that I'm "disillusioned" about my gang being the cause of these changes, and I say that you are understating the obvious. These passed changes are a direct result of our playstyle and you really can't deny it. I mean, speak to any cop and they'll tell you the same thing. I logged on today and was met with no fewer than 5 people going "oh how about that nerf to you guys, you must be so mad xD". If anything it's flattering that the administration needs to step in to help these kids since we're playing so well, but flattery only keeps me interested so long. I understand the cops need help, but I think the help being provided is being given in the wrong areas. As I've stated many times, I think the cops have every tool available for them to be competitive and win these events, but they just don't use the tools they already have so their trigger fingers become typing fingers here on the forums. Let me put this into perspective, I, a rebel, am paying 35k for my loadout, i pull a hunter (52k) and fill it with a gold bar. My total investment (minus demos/drills/bolt cutters/ etc) is around 87k per each fed I do. Now a cop who uses their free loadout, and a sport hatch (5k) thinks it's unfair I would win that engagement. I am spending over 10x his loadout cost just to get there lol. The reason hunters became op and same with other armor is that the higher ups have no trust in their lower downs. They refuse to pull armor,vans,helis etc that would help them win their engagement. That's where the problem is here, it's not that rebels are too op, it's that the cops are too cheap imo. A sgt or higher could easily pull a hunter, load it with 2-3 ppl and drive around our tempests, shoot out the engine, drop on us, etc. But they don't, they prefer to either play sniper elite in telos, or drive their armor around solo and never drop. That's not a balance problem, that's a game sense problem. 

Lastly, you said I should my money where my mouth is, and I have. I have applied for mod so a disenting opinion could potentially be added to discuss future changes, but let's be honest my app is probably sitting in the trash can somewhere atm. Another way I put my money where my mouth is, is offering all of the cops a chance to play Civ for a week, and all of my gang would play cop. I guarantee our success rate in stopping federal events would be light years above the current rate. I understand you guys have real lives and can't be on 24/7, but I don't anyone here expects you to be. Real lives aside though, as an administration you have a duty to do right by your community. We've tried to go through proper channels, we suggested things, proposed other things, hell the idea to make corner walls of evidence being indestructible was OUR idea lol. But we asked in turn to have spike strips limited or disabled for giving up those 4 entry points, and to buff the loot inside, neither of which was added or even hinted at being added. This is where the frustration comes in, we don't feel like we're being heard. Either way, I appreciate your time and hope that maybe sometime in the future we can but heads less and actually discuss and be heard more.

Bro no ones reading that

ifrit=armored vehicle=able to be seized

hunter=armored vehicle=/=able to be seized

hunters are meant for bounty hunting, if you use them as an alternative armor to ifrits then you should have seen this coming.

2 hours ago, Mate said:

Who fights cartels on this server besides shitters? Who have like 4-5 people 

dont wanna risk your mk200 loadouts against people with real guns?

15 minutes ago, Envy_ said:

You say it takes a big investment to do a fed

but lets say its 30k per lodout, you have 10 guys so its 300k,

your cars are 2 ifrits, 2 hunters and 2 tempest so a other 300k, 

if you succed you get gold worth between 1-2 million

cops:

5-10k lodout, we die 2-5 times at fed so 10-50k per cop

if we pull armor its 50-100k

if we succed we get

BOUNTY: 10k for robbing fed, lets say each rebel kill 5 people so 25k for manslaughter, 5k for other charges so we get 50k per rebel that we capture

GOLD: we get 2k per gold bar we seize so if we catch you when you leave we get maybe 20-50k worth of gold

we get to charge the 2 guys with keys for 150k for all the gold

Total: cops get maybe 500k if they succeed 

Advantage rebel got:

Rebels can use bombs 

the rebel can explain his charges and get a reduced ticket

we also have no way to combat a armored car except if we have our own, but the ifrit is the fastest armored car in the game so we cant really ram them unless we have nitro

You have better guns, armor and your defending

You might also have a house that you can just snipe cops from and we cant do anything if we have no LT on

Advantage cops got:

Spikestrip: you can just not drive like a idiot and you wont be spiked

free gear: Not all cops use free gear

cheap gear: we die many times since we have to drive in a open field to even get close to the place at the fed events, and we also dont get acces to any 7.62 or armor unless your part of the 5% of cops

The point is cops LOST money fighting at fed because their lodout was not worth the risk of getting a 50k bounty that would just explain his charges away while Rebels would be making millions selling gold

powerwolf likes this
On 5/27/2020 at 4:12 PM, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

Hotfix:

• Increased Federal Reserve elevated security to 1 hour.
  • Added an 8 minute intermission time between federal events.
  • Added a 30 second progress bar to seizing items from vehicles.
  • Reduced seizing distance to within HQ walls.
  • Made the corner walls of Evidence Lockup indestructible.
  • Added the ability for Cpl+ to seize Hunters used in illegal actions.
  • Fixed UC qilins having doors and no emergency lights.
  • Fixed Evidence Lockup electric fence maker text not updating.
  • Fixed whitelisted swat shop bug.
  • Fixed exploit(s) with revive and organ harvesting.
  • Fixed vehicle garage bug.
  • Added Green MX to require a BH license to hold.
  • Fixed Zubr shop mismatch.
  • Crank items can no longer be stored in house inventories
  • Hunters now require the Bounty Hunter license to pull out the vehicle

Thank FUCK ❤️

8 hours ago, Niklaus said:

hunters are meant for bounty hunting, if you use them as an alternative armor to ifrits then you should have seen this coming.

This is just purely incorrect. As stated for the now hundredth time, the advantage was that hunter passengers can drop with guns out while Ifrits can't. You're also delusional if you think losing a mk200 loadout is even a slight deterrent. Nobody in this gang cares about money in the slightest...

Chris Peacock likes this
12 hours ago, Niklaus said:

Problem is if you pull a hunter there is a 75% chance you also have an MX. Now because the MX is illegal if you run into a cop and he sirens you cant defend yourself/your bounty and you will not only your MX but your hunter too.

Edited by Solarmender
4 minutes ago, Patato said:

not really in a position to give out exact numbers but it obviously depends on your definition of active.

6000 players who play 30 hours a month then no. 6000 players who played at least 5, Easily

the only public number we have thrown around is 1500 actively playing whitelisted officers. The vast majority of the community doesn't even have a forum account let alone a whitelisting

What if it was a requirement to have a forum account linked to your steam? Would it hurt or help you think?

12 minutes ago, Patato said:

An extra barrier to entry isn't a good thing. Why would you bother to sign up for a forum account and join Asylum when you could just log into Olympus and get playing.

The goal is to have people playing on the server and enjoying the game. Not talking on the forums

fair enough,think oly offers like 500k to do so.. could that be something we offer maybe? I think the only people who wouldn't bother are the ones who just have throw away accounts/ill intent..Im thinking of it as an added security measure also.Not to do it for the sake of doing it,or keeping track of active accounts.

Plus the forums helps new people,been a few times newer players didnt know about the forums until they started asking about gangs to join.It is a decent part of any community wouldn't you want people to join it?

Edited by DankBud
5 hours ago, Solarmender said:

Problem is if you pull a hunter there is a 75% chance you also have an MX. Now because the MX is illegal if you run into a cop and he sirens you cant defend yourself/your bounty and you will not only your MX but your hunter too.

Deal with it.  Bounty hunting pulls in lots of cash if you're somewhat skilled anyways.  It's an ez mode playstyle and yet BHs still cry about everything

Niklaus likes this
Just now, Sheriff Rick said:

Deal with it.  Bounty hunting pulls in lots of cash if you're somewhat skilled anyways.  It's an ez mode playstyle and yet BHs still cry about everything

Most people who BH are solo's or tiny groups,like no more then 5 an i think thats going out on a limb a bit,unless a gang or what not all do it together..

I get why they would cry tho,8/10 fights your out numbered and fighting people in a group who are not tagged up,nor is there a way to know how many your truly against,most times dont find out until your already dead or being shot at an mistake it for RDM cause your unaware of them playing in the same group.... aggression system dont always work as intended too,so they could be white at times ( to far when first shots took place,they re-spawned into town ect.).  

powerwolf likes this
Just now, DankBud said:

Most people who BH are solo's or tiny groups,like no more then 5 an i think thats going out on a limb a bit,unless a gang or what not all do it together..

I get why they would cry tho,8/10 fights your out numbered and fighting people in a group who are not tagged up,nor is there a way to know how many your truly against,most times dont find out until your already dead or being shot at an mistake it for RDM cause your unaware of them playing in the same group.... aggression system dont always work as intended too,so they could be white at times ( to far when first shots took place,they re-spawned into town ect.).  

I can't really relate, not saying I'm super skilled or anything.  BH requires creativity and patience.  Those are valid problems, some of which I think can be eased by allowing relogging for bounties or cutting the timer down to 1 minute so you aren't stuck spending so much time getting rid of people who you know to be rolling in a massive group, or are across the map.

Risking your hunter is different.  Don't do illegal stuff with it, and learn to hide your MX in a backpack/in the hunter if you are sirened if you are concerned.  It's a non-issue

powerwolf likes this
On 5/28/2020 at 7:54 PM, Envy_ said:

Are you autistic bro for real jesus