Hey for about a week ive had a problem with Arma crashing due to a 0xC0000005 STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION crash code. And a fault address "Fault address:  8000A90E 00:8000A90E Unknown module" similar to old mem leaks long ago.  Back in the day I fixed Status access violations with verifying game chache, checking for conflicting mods, or resetting parameters. So far I have done the following:

-Reinstalled Arma 3

-Reinstalled DirectX and Microsoft C++

-Installed the latest version of my driver (was already done but its not out of date)

-Tried Factory Resetting computer (didnt work some windows bullshit non conflicting)

-Deleted workshop folder for Arma 3 and ALL of steam (156GB worth)

-Made sure I am correctly allocating ram

-Checked my GPU and CPU temperatures and usage before, during, and after the startup and crash

I am simply out of ideas below are my PC Specs and the full crash report in a pastebin

Graphics Card - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070

16GB RAM

CPU - I7-7700 @ 3.60GHz

https://pastebin.com/rJJGiZ5G - Crash Report

Sikorsky likes this

I think I have a corrupted Drive :( even tho my other games on both drives work I cant reinstall Direct X because I uninstalled something with Microsoft redistribution I shouldn't have.  I try to install directx again and it gives me an error I go to run sfc scan and I have to check disk but I cant check disk it says It cant carry out the repair and I cant boot into safe mode to do the repair because when I type "msconfig" into the Windows Key + R start menu I get nothing. In all my years of troubleshoot and log searching I have never hit a double dead end such as this

3 hours ago, Sliick said:

Hey for about a week ive had a problem with Arma crashing due to a 0xC0000005 STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION crash code. And a fault address "Fault address:  8000A90E 00:8000A90E Unknown module" similar to old mem leaks long ago.  Back in the day I fixed Status access violations with verifying game chache, checking for conflicting mods, or resetting parameters. So far I have done the following:

-Reinstalled Arma 3

-Reinstalled DirectX and Microsoft C++

-Installed the latest version of my driver (was already done but its not out of date)

-Tried Factory Resetting computer (didnt work some windows bullshit non conflicting)

-Deleted workshop folder for Arma 3 and ALL of steam (156GB worth)

-Made sure I am correctly allocating ram

-Checked my GPU and CPU temperatures and usage before, during, and after the startup and crash

I am simply out of ideas below are my PC Specs and the full crash report in a pastebin

Graphics Card - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070

16GB RAM

CPU - I7-7700 @ 3.60GHz

https://pastebin.com/rJJGiZ5G - Crash Report

Have you tried turning it on and off ?

3 hours ago, 𝐸 𝒶 𝓏 𝓎 said:

imagine trying all that to play this dead game

you make shitty music called "Nigga type beat" that nobody cares about. But I believe in you

3 hours ago, Jesse said:

You may just need a Visual Basic redistributable package installed. 

I got a couple of Microsoft Visual C++ redistribution packs

2 hours ago, DinKleberg? said:

Have you tried turning it on and off ?

No :(

DankBud likes this

its prob the redist pack,this happen to me ages ago..But it is one specific redist package thing that most times gets done automatically,least from my knowledge.

I think its a 2015 Microsoft redist package,id look into more to be on the safer side.My fix was to just factory reset my pc,or go back to a timeline you remember it working at took about a couple hours.

Arma does alot of wierd things on it own,like my FOV randomly reset the other day when i logged in..Hope it helps