We are losing way too many cartel players to olympus and other servers. Fighting cartels is not what it used to be and now you're lucky if 3 people show up. I think this should be a wake up call to the devs to revamp the cartel system. Some of my personal suggestions are adding a system which makes gang payouts easier to do and mark up to see how much each transaction of money of a cartel is given to the gang, instead of making rebel drops drop in random areas make them drop in the cartels where they can be defended by the gang who capped and the gang who lost cap can attack for the rebel drop(once cartel is capped gangs barely come back so this is a incentive for them to come back). My last suggestion is to add a weekly leaderboard of capped cartels by the gang inwhich the gang who caps the most in a week gets a giant payout

page, Whitey and Storm7 like this
4 minutes ago, goyney said:

mitch does not (and should not) give a shit about the cartel section of the community.

the server would not change a bit if the remaining cartel players left for good (as they gradually are).

it provided virtually no benefit to the upkeep of the server or the population.

there is no reason why they should care.

beer salute GIF

zdeat and Sheriff Rick like this

Part of the reason that cartels used to make so much more is because years ago people would run meth all the time and you would see an absolute fucking army at meth lab on occasion comprised of a gang holding down meth while a bunch of regular players process their shit. So in other words, you could try to do that and see where it goes. I've been in gangs that did that at times for a few weeks and we made stupid amounts of money into the gang bank. The hardest part was actually getting a new player or a group of new players to trust you enough to not fuck over their meth run.

Clint Beastwood and DinKleberg like this
1 hour ago, goyney said:

mitch does not (and should not) give a shit about the cartel section of the community.

the server would not change a bit if the remaining cartel players left for good (as they gradually are).

it provided virtually no benefit to the upkeep of the server or the population.

there is no reason why they should care.

you're right banned boi 

16 hours ago, DinKleberg? said:

We are losing way too many cartel players to olympus and other servers. Fighting cartels is not what it used to be and now you're lucky if 3 people show up. I think this should be a wake up call to the devs to revamp the cartel system.

Same thing was said in 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

Alec-I and uc. like this

Never understood the total disregard of cartels by some players / admins. It's a monumental part of what Asylum was. People saying cartel fighting is "boring" yet still here turning up and fighting cartels 5 years later at OG fucking arms. Guarantee if they put more effort into its development in the past. Asylums community would be a little bit larger. Do they HAVE to? no. but it adds interesting content for the end game players to stick around. For me personally I rarely turn up to cartels nor have I been interested in them for a few years. But to say that they mean nothing is just delusional. there were still people fighting @ cartels for years. clearly cartels worked. they missed a large opportunity to do something with them. 

Though I can't blame the staff really for not wanting to. Cartels are surrounded in toxicity. 

Edited by Alec-I
36 minutes ago, Alec-I said:

Never understood the total disregard of cartels by some players / admins. It's a monumental part of what Asylum was. People saying cartel fighting is "boring" yet still here turning up and fighting cartels 5 years later at OG fucking arms. Guarantee if they put more effort into its development in the past. Asylums community would be a little bit larger. Do they HAVE to? no. but it adds interesting content for the end game players to stick around. For me personally I rarely turn up to cartels nor have I been interested in them for a few years. But to say that they mean nothing is just delusional. there were still people fighting @ cartels for years. clearly cartels work. they missed a large opportunity to do something with them. 

Though I can't blame the staff really for not wanting to. Cartels are surrounded in toxicity. 

cartels are boring cause they havent really developed at all in 5 years, other than the standard of player getting higher. it just lacks something imo

Alec-I likes this
On 5/19/2020 at 5:38 AM, 𝐸 𝒶 𝓏 𝓎 said:

cartels are boring cause they havent really developed at all in 5 years, other than the standard of player getting higher. it just lacks something imo

I'm not sure what we can do to develop cartels. They are literally a point on the map in which people attempt to organize a fight over. We added bloodmoney to subsidies your fighting. You literally earn some cash just for killing someone. That's one shade off of KOTH. I'm all ears if there is some magical idea out there to better serve the cartel players. But so far during the last 6 months as a owner. People just say "develop". But they rarely have anything to actually go along with that kind of statement.

1 hour ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

I'm not sure what we can do to develop cartels. They are literally a point on the map in which people attempt to organize a fight over. We added bloodmoney to subsidies your fighting. You literally earn some cash just for killing someone. That's one shade off of KOTH. I'm all ears if there is some magical idea out there to better serve the cartel players. But so far during the last 6 months as a owner. People just say "develop". But they rarely have anything to actually go along with that kind of statement.

When i said developed, i meant from a player stand point, they have always been the same. I wasn't meaning from a developer stand point, sorry, wrong wording.

I was meaning cartels have always been "ifrit, push, slam" the playerbase hasn't evolved it at all. 

15 hours ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

Every other server has events Every other day but this one, add events 

14 minutes ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

Ok, so what are some events that would fit the bill? "Add events" doesn't tell me anything that will help generate ideas for the devs to implement.

Make an event idea page on the fourms Or something see if people can come up wit some good ideas, just tryna help 

24 minutes ago, Goofi said:

Make an event idea page on the fourms Or something see if people can come up wit some good ideas, just tryna help 

I definitly appreciate the help, but we often hear "add content". but no one can tell me what that is. So I just need those statements with a follow up. even a rough idea that can be ran with

28 minutes ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

I definitly appreciate the help, but we often hear "add content". but no one can tell me what that is. So I just need those statements with a follow up. even a rough idea that can be ran with

I mean A rough idea could be Come up with a different kind of “capture the zone” We’re gangs fight over different zones for different rewards 

On 5/25/2020 at 7:52 PM, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

Don't wanna rip Koth off but what if you get X amount of Blood money(i also don't know how much it is per kill,just a rough general idea) for being in/on cap + any kills that you may get while there( if at war)...for the gangs who don't war they also have a shot at the blood money feature..Maybe even set it up after you pass the war zone line when you kill people you can still gain some just for being in the war zone(it is called war zone for a reason imho)..Not sure how it would play out at drug could prob do the same thing now that its labeled on the map.

Edited by DankBud