When a player gets banned the only message they receive is when they try to join the server and get told what the reason is and the banning admin. 

The issue comes when a player tries to appeal because you can't really appeal a ban when you don't know exactly why you are banned. Not knowing who reported it, when it was, and all of that makes it almost impossible to actually appeal your ban. Instead of appealing at first you have to send in a ticket simply to find out what exact event got you banned which takes usually a day or two itself, then once the reason is given if given you have to reply and waiting another day or two to find the outcome. 

The point I am bringing up is have a system that links / notifies the banned player with the video/screenshot or whatever of them breaking the rule and allow for them to actually appeal their ban rather than wait 2 days simply to find out the reason.

2 hours ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

The kick message is standard across all arma servers. We are unable to attach anything to that message. I can't recall the character limit but it's very low. 

If you have a fourm account you should get a notification of what you did wrong so you can more easily make a ban appeal. 

4 hours ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

The kick message is standard across all arma servers. We are unable to attach anything to that message. I can't recall the character limit but it's very low. 

your point is valid, however in my cases every time ive asked to know why I was banned it i never got a response, the only time i ever did was from @Survivalizer, thanks for being a good admin.

Dan. likes this
8 hours ago, Nicolas March said:

If you have a fourm account you should get a notification of what you did wrong so you can more easily make a ban appeal. 

Not every person has a forum account and the admins don’t know which forum accounts belong to who if they use different names and don’t have their player id linked.

3 hours ago, william said:

dont break the rules then dipshit, you wont get banned then!!!

half of my bans i've talked to the admins, given them my video, shown my friends initiated or some shit and they're like oh ok and unban me. The admins give a lot of bans that seem legit when they see one person's video but aren't.

Skete likes this

If you're being banned for something, make sure you're recording. It always helps to have a recording software on Asylum. You never know when you're going to deal with crazy shit, and honestly on Asylum you should always expect everything to go horribly wrong where it can. Most of the staff here are really chill about unbanning as long as you have the correct evidence to show that you didn't do what they banned you for in the first place. If you don't have video then you're sort of out of luck as it's practically hearsay against someone with actual video evidence. Considering also that the staff require in most cases for RDM to be 5 minutes prior to the incident you're probably well within the scope of context for them to ban you. If you were not banned for RDM then there must have been something you did to warrant that ban that is easily seen with logs, i.e combat logging, failRP(disconnecting during a situation to avoid consequences). 

Most of these staff don't have to be in the server as a player to see what is going on through an external program.

Just now, C. Lawrence said:

If you're being banned for something, make sure you're recording. It always helps to have a recording software on Asylum. You never know when you're going to deal with crazy shit, and honestly on Asylum you should always expect everything to go horribly wrong where it can. Most of the staff here are really chill about unbanning as long as you have the correct evidence to show that you didn't do what they banned you for in the first place. If you don't have video then you're sort of out of luck as it's practically hearsay against someone with actual video evidence. Considering also that the staff require in most cases for RDM to be 5 minutes prior to the incident you're probably well within the scope of context for them to ban you. If you were not banned for RDM then there must have been something you did to warrant that ban that is easily seen with logs, i.e combat logging, failRP(disconnecting during a situation to avoid consequences). 

Most of these staff don't have to be in the server as a player to see what is going on through an external program.

this server doesnt have failrp 

On 5/22/2020 at 2:17 AM, Nicolas March said:

That or send a notification with more information to the person's MyAsylum page and on the in-game ban message just put  "my.gaming-asylum.com 4 ban info" if that isn't too long or even just "Go To MyAsylum". But the current ban message may be for auditing purposes or for keeping track of what all that person is banned for.  I'm not 100% sure on any of that.

Don't break the rules and you won't get banned to begin with 😂. Also, if you're ever unsure if you broke a rule whether it be RDM/VDM etc, always give or offer comp for their losses. It'll look better on you if that happened. 

Edited by Raza