Jump to content
Mitch (IFRIT)

Development ideas

Recommended Posts

Hello all,

The Feedback and Suggestion section has not had any new recent post with ideas that are realistic. As always, if you have a idea that you don't want to post publicly, you can send them to @Leady or I.  We don't need flying cars and armed boats that can drive on land. But you guys are the ones playing the server and I believe you are the ones with the best ideas. Make a post or send them to one of us. We want to make sure we are hearing from each and everyone of you!

 

Mitch

Share this post


Link to post

We've had some serious problems with getting cops to actually want to respond to federal events, especially the reserve, maybe make it more profitable and people will actually try? It's a lot a work to try to stop a federal event for very little if any reward, just a thought, also it would be nice if the APD got paid for seizing illegal weapons.

Me, I don't care about money, I already have more than I know what to do with. But often enough I see higher ups refusing or being unable to buy armor because they don't have enough money.

Yuki Hayami, zetherin and Bherky like this

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, minmax said:

We've had some serious problems with getting cops to actually want to respond to federal events, especially the reserve, maybe make it more profitable and people will actually try? It's a lot a work to try to stop a federal event for very little if any reward, just a thought, also it would be nice if the APD got paid for seizing illegal weapons.

Me, I don't care about money, I already have more than I know what to do with. But often enough I see higher ups refusing or being unable to buy armor because they don't have enough money.

The biggest thing I have been hearing is the rate at which they are being done. We have a plan to address those concerns. Also, we added free armor to the swat system for that reason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

The biggest thing I have been hearing is the rate at which they are being done. We have a plan to address those concerns. Also, we added free armor to the swat system for that reason. 

Armor doesn't do anything when the cops just rush like apes.

aqzx127, Roice, Chow Mein and 5 others like this

Share this post


Link to post

The biggest problem with this is when it actually comes out. I understand the devs have a life and this isn't their job, but that they are volunteering and helping, but when you say something will come out around one date then it comes out 4 months after that date it sucks. Nothing really comes out on time so if you guys do plan on adding stuff stop adding a release date.

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, Chow Mein said:

The biggest problem with this is when it actually comes out. I understand the devs have a life and this isn't their job, but that they are volunteering and helping, but when you say something will come out around one date then it comes out 4 months after that date it sucks. Nothing really comes out on time so if you guys do plan on adding stuff stop adding a release date.

Or just get more devs 😉

Share this post


Link to post

I think the blood money system should be expanded upon. Not many people fight anymore and i think adding some items that can only be bought with blood money or some exclusivity with blood money would encourage more combat and warring. A free loadout every couple fights is nice but it doesn't make blood money something people go after. Either that or make a loadout system for blood money so it is more used because most people that can afford loadouts with normal money don't really use it and just save it up as a flex on people.

Bherky and jeans like this

Share this post


Link to post

I've got all the code done for this and I have actually tested it in a dedicated multiplayer environment.

AND/OR

I know there are NPCs which could cause lag, but maybe they could just be static NPCs that way they don't cause lag.  Or if there is anything else that can be done to this so that it can be implemented cause I think the concept is a cool idea to involve all factions in one event.

Edited by Destrah

Share this post


Link to post

Maybe teach the cops how to actually push fed and stuff. Like when cops complain about not being able to push fed but they have 6+ entrances is crazy. Its not hard especially with vans. Get cops that know how to play the game to host trainings not some roleplay cops saying "okay boys remember u want to push solo into fed and sit right in the open so u can bait them to shoot you then we will shoot him from the barrier" Bait cop gets 1 tapped and the cops on barrier are so delayed

Share this post


Link to post

I've seen many cops using these post to try and explain that they need help because they cant win federal events. The issue is not that the events HAPPEN frequently, its that the cops LOSE frequently. That the reason the Fed is so broken at the moment, because it's basically free considering the cops can't play together as a team and run in and die like AI. But thats not an issue the admins need to fix, that's an issue with the higher ups who can't lead their people, and the constables who have 0 game sense. If we keep catering to these subpar players more and more people are going to quit the server. Cops have literally every advantage in almost every engagement but instead of making improvements when they lose, they make excuses and take to forums to complain. 

Cops get: Free loadouts, reduced cost higher tier loadouts/armor. Free money from lethaling/seizing, shared money for just being there, infinite respawns, a respawn point no more than 2km away from any event, a free teleport to evidence, free armor/loadout from swat, and many other things.

Rather than learning how to use these numerous advantages they have, they just complain and knee pad to admins to keep nerfing rebels. Theres a reason the overall quality of the APD cops has dropped in recent times, it's because they're used to being coddled and cared for. I'd like to see the admins take a harder stance and tell the cops, tough shit make it work. Maybe then, these players would actually improve and learn new strats to make these federal events competitive. By adding cooldowns to federal events you're catering to them by letting them avoid having to actually learn how to play the game. I hear so many cops say "oh im bad, that's why I hate federal events". Higher ups should actually be responsible and train their lower downs so that they aren't so bad anymore. To prove my point, perhaps all the current cops should go rebel and CEO of FED will play cop and we'll show you how to win with the tools you already have, otherwise just keep complaining and killing the server. 

Steve, Twinkie, Sikorsky and 6 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Envy_ said:

I've seen many cops using these post to try and explain that they need help because they cant win federal events. The issue is not that the events HAPPEN frequently, its that the cops LOSE frequently. That the reason the Fed is so broken at the moment, because it's basically free considering the cops can't play together as a team and run in and die like AI. But thats not an issue the admins need to fix, that's an issue with the higher ups who can't lead their people, and the constables who have 0 game sense. If we keep catering to these subpar players more and more people are going to quit the server. Cops have literally every advantage in almost every engagement but instead of making improvements when they lose, they make excuses and take to forums to complain. 

Cops get: Free loadouts, reduced cost higher tier loadouts/armor. Free money from lethaling/seizing, shared money for just being there, infinite respawns, a respawn point no more than 2km away from any event, a free teleport to evidence, free armor/loadout from swat, and many other things.

Rather than learning how to use these numerous advantages they have, they just complain and knee pad to admins to keep nerfing rebels. Theres a reason the overall quality of the APD cops has dropped in recent times, it's because they're used to being coddled and cared for. I'd like to see the admins take a harder stance and tell the cops, tough shit make it work. Maybe then, these players would actually improve and learn new strats to make these federal events competitive. By adding cooldowns to federal events you're catering to them by letting them avoid having to actually learn how to play the game. I hear so many cops say "oh im bad, that's why I hate federal events". Higher ups should actually be responsible and train their lower downs so that they aren't so bad anymore. To prove my point, perhaps all the current cops should go rebel and CEO of FED will play cop and we'll show you how to win with the tools you already have, otherwise just keep complaining and killing the server. 

Btw all of CEO are constables or lower

Edited by Black_Jesus

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Destrah said:

I've got all the code done for this and I have actually tested it in a dedicated multiplayer environment.

AND/OR

I know there are NPCs which could cause lag, but maybe they could just be static NPCs that way they don't cause lag.  Or if there is anything else that can be done to this so that it can be implemented cause I think the concept is a cool idea to involve all factions in one event.

looks pretty good +1, would make it so there is a LB picture for the player inv 

Edited by Infamous [FULL SEND]

Share this post


Link to post

Rebel content that gets away from cartels would be excellent.  More dynamic events that pit rebel versus rebel or rebel versus cop would be a lot of fun.  I know I'm lacking specifics, but in general getting away from the formula of cartels and banks/fed/prison is a great idea

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Envy_ said:

I've seen many cops using these post to try and explain that they need help because they cant win federal events. The issue is not that the events HAPPEN frequently, its that the cops LOSE frequently. That the reason the Fed is so broken at the moment, because it's basically free considering the cops can't play together as a team and run in and die like AI. But thats not an issue the admins need to fix, that's an issue with the higher ups who can't lead their people, and the constables who have 0 game sense. If we keep catering to these subpar players more and more people are going to quit the server. Cops have literally every advantage in almost every engagement but instead of making improvements when they lose, they make excuses and take to forums to complain. 

Cops get: Free loadouts, reduced cost higher tier loadouts/armor. Free money from lethaling/seizing, shared money for just being there, infinite respawns, a respawn point no more than 2km away from any event, a free teleport to evidence, free armor/loadout from swat, and many other things.

Rather than learning how to use these numerous advantages they have, they just complain and knee pad to admins to keep nerfing rebels. Theres a reason the overall quality of the APD cops has dropped in recent times, it's because they're used to being coddled and cared for. I'd like to see the admins take a harder stance and tell the cops, tough shit make it work. Maybe then, these players would actually improve and learn new strats to make these federal events competitive. By adding cooldowns to federal events you're catering to them by letting them avoid having to actually learn how to play the game. I hear so many cops say "oh im bad, that's why I hate federal events". Higher ups should actually be responsible and train their lower downs so that they aren't so bad anymore. To prove my point, perhaps all the current cops should go rebel and CEO of FED will play cop and we'll show you how to win with the tools you already have, otherwise just keep complaining and killing the server. 

"free money", 10k bounty to start fed, then you get 5 kills so then you have a 35k bounty, lethel so now its 50% of that, then you split it and you end up with 2k per person

"free lodouts" we get a spar 16 and a lvl 2 vest, it takes 6 bullets to down a rebel in full pilot coveralls but you can 1-2 shot us.

"infinite respawns" you also get that

"close spawns" some rebels have closer houses to the events then the cops

"cheap armor" Doesnt really matter when the higher ups dont take them out

"cops dont know how to push" Its hard to push when you have 6 constables on and 10 rebels all with ifrits and we cant even get our own armor

"swat gets free armor" Its so easy to shoot someone that is in a strider or a hunter I honestly feel more safe in a hatchback sport

"cops are bad at the game and should do trainnings" I dont think going to one trainning is going to improove someone with 200 hours when he is fighting against someone with 5k hours

"cheap lodouts" My lodout is 10k (armor, 1 flash and a mx) so when I cant even get into the fed or bank because the outside is being patrolled by multiple ifrits doesnt make me want to come back with my "cheap lodout"

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Nicolas March said:

"cheap lodouts" My lodout is 10k (armor, 1 flash and a mx) so when I cant even get into the fed or bank because the outside is being patrolled by multiple ifrits doesnt make me want to come back with my "cheap lodout"

ur loadout is 5k max

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Black_Jesus said:

ur loadout is 5k max

pilot coverall is 5k

gun is 3-4k

misc items + smoke grenade +  flashbang =  1.5k

= 10k

then you have to pay for your uniform and vest if you use the automatic thing 

so then its 12k

Share this post


Link to post

Honestly as long as there is incentive to basically do anything on the server, whether that's running drugs or capping cartels people will play and enjoy it, this also applies to the APD and AFD.

Issac likes this

Share this post


Link to post

Timer on seizing stuff. Like a physical progress bar that lasts a few seconds or whatever. It doesn't have to be super long, but fighting for 10 mins to win back evidence guns or drugs or whatever just for it to be slammed into HQ and immediately seized is kind of frustrating.

Envy_, Veezara, Niklaus and 1 other like this

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Sheriff Rick said:

This shit got abused way too much.  It turned into cops begging high value bounties to take parole

that could be fixed kinda.

If a rebel was to be downed by a cop an they get the chance for parole,have it so when the current cops in HQ get 50% of the bounty an when the parolee violates the cop who issued the ticket gets the remainder of his bounty.Everyone breaks parole an cops get paid.Still have it like it was before with an active circle an have a timer of like an hour or server reset.shit could even have some fun with it an you become APD's Most Wanted or something.

Ofc there would be more to it,but this is just a quick thought.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

If they add parole they should make it so you get 0$ or a very low percentage so that it more of a option to give to someone that had good RP / is too poor to afford the ticket. It should also be something that gives you your bounty back if you break it. Alot of people would take the parole, break it then just pay the 25k bail 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, DankBud said:

that could be fixed kinda.

If a rebel was to be downed by a cop an they get the chance for parole,have it so when the current cops in HQ get 50% of the bounty an when the parolee violates the cop who issued the ticket gets the remainder of his bounty.Everyone breaks parole an cops get paid.Still have it like it was before with an active circle an have a timer of like an hour or server reset.shit could even have some fun with it an you become APD's Most Wanted or something.

Ofc there would be more to it,but this is just a quick thought.

That will make officers not give it out. 

1 hour ago, Nicolas March said:

If they add parole they should make it so you get 0$ or a very low percentage so that it more of a option to give to someone that had good RP / is too poor to afford the ticket. It should also be something that gives you your bounty back if you break it. Alot of people would take the parole, break it then just pay the 25k bail 

This wont work either

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

The biggest thing I have been hearing is the rate at which they are being done. We have a plan to address those concerns. Also, we added free armor to the swat system for that reason. 

Make it so cops who respond to federal events get paid again, problem solved.

Niklaus likes this

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...