Development ideas

On 5/25/2020 at 8:16 PM, Envy_ said:

Rather than learning how to use these numerous advantages they have, they just complain and knee pad to admins to keep nerfing rebels. Theres a reason the overall quality of the APD cops has dropped in recent times, it's because they're used to being coddled and cared for.

No, its because no one wants to do the FED, Prison, Bank every 12 fucking minutes against people who have superior weapons and are in entrenched positions. Fights can be fun every now and then, but believe it or not not everyone wants to play KOTH with you and the rest of your gang. 

I quite playing for 2 reasons, gangs cried about literally everything and when something got nerfed they bitch and cry until they get it back, and because everyone wanted to treat the server like its KOTH or wasteland.  Everyone literally ignores RP unless there is some way to weasel a player report against a cop.

Edited by HotWings
Bag Of Funyuns, aqzx127 and Bherky like this
7 hours ago, HotWings said:

No, its because no one wants to do the FED, Prison, Bank every 12 fucking minutes against people who have superior weapons and are in entrenched positions. Fights can be fun every now and then, but believe it or not not everyone wants to play KOTH with you and the rest of your gang. 

I quite playing for 2 reasons, gangs cried about literally everything and when something got nerfed they bitch and cry until they get it back, and because everyone wanted to treat the server like its KOTH or wasteland.  Everyone literally ignores RP unless there is some way to weasel a player report against a cop.

I mean, this is the exact problem I'm talking about. You're not even playing yet you're already making excuses as to why things are happening. The mindset of the APD as whole is "Well we're bad so rebels need nerfs and cops need buffs". Instead of trying to actually get better at what they do. You say superior weapons and entrenched positions, My gang has had to recently fight the cops who are already set up inside of fed the second we ping at a nearby atm. And guess what, we weed them out and take over the fed. As far as weapons go, basically anyone with a pulse got SWAT at this point so thats a misnomer. They have the same weapons we do, and get 3 free pieces of armor to use as well. They just don't know how to use these things, oh and also their spawn is less than 1.5k from literally every event, so if they die, they can be right back with a full loadout. The main advantage gangs have over the APD is that we can communicate and work together to get something done, while many of the cops play selfish and give up before they even get there. The amount of times I've seen 2-3 cops w/ SWAT load outs opt to stay in Telos and just play sniper elite for 15 mins instead of actively pushing fed is astounding. They need higher ups with brains tbh. Most higher up cops are on the money leader board as well, so pulling some additional armor shouldn't be an issue. Hell, we need to pull armor for everything we do, and if we by chance leave it behind the cops get to seize it or drive it around and use it against us (Captains can use ifrits btws apparently since the guidebook doesn't apply to them). 

TLDR: The issue is, the cops will lose, and continue to lose forever unless someone with a brain and fingers explains to them that they can win these events. The only reason cops hate going to them now is because they lose damn near every one. If the cops were winning every event, we wouldn't be doing them. You're trying to treat the symptoms here and not the cause. Since I write a lot and cops seem to have the inability to understand, let me spell out why federal events are an issue: Higher ups are promoted based on nepotism and unimportant criteria. This leads to the leadership being under qualified and inexperienced to lead their fellow officers. This lack of leadership causes the rest of the APD to lose almost every meaningful engagement they partake in. This leads to the APD being sad and angry and wanting more and more buffs. 

If you really want to fix the issue. Start winning events, figure out a good strategy to win the events, or promote someone with a brain who can do that. But none of this happen because the APD promotion process is basically just who can kneepad more. So until then, thanks for the millions in guns and gold gents. I looks forward to the next round of rebel nerfs. 

Side note: You saying it's rebels trying to bait cops into a player report? Ask the admins how many cops report rebels for literally everything and try to bait us. Like rolling up to an event we're about to start with lights on and no siren. Or setting up in fed and placing spike strips on every gate trying to bait us to shoot them. 

Edited by Envy_
39 minutes ago, Envy_ said:

I mean, this is the exact problem I'm talking about. You're not even playing yet you're already making excuses as to why things are happening. The mindset of the APD as whole is "Well we're bad so rebels need nerfs and cops need buffs". Instead of trying to actually get better at what they do. You say superior weapons and entrenched positions, My gang has had to recently fight the cops who are already set up inside of fed the second we ping at a nearby atm. And guess what, we weed them out and take over the fed. As far as weapons go, basically anyone with a pulse got SWAT at this point so thats a misnomer. They have the same weapons we do, and get 3 free pieces of armor to use as well. They just don't know how to use these things, oh and also their spawn is less than 1.5k from literally every event, so if they die, they can be right back with a full loadout. The main advantage gangs have over the APD is that we can communicate and work together to get something done, while many of the cops play selfish and give up before they even get there. The amount of times I've seen 2-3 cops w/ SWAT load outs opt to stay in Telos and just play sniper elite for 15 mins instead of actively pushing fed is astounding. They need higher ups with brains tbh. Most higher up cops are on the money leader board as well, so pulling some additional armor shouldn't be an issue. Hell, we need to pull armor for everything we do, and if we by chance leave it behind the cops get to seize it or drive it around and use it against us (Captains can use ifrits btws apparently since the guidebook doesn't apply to them). 

TLDR: The issue is, the cops will lose, and continue to lose forever unless someone with a brain and fingers explains to them that they can win these events. The only reason cops hate going to them now is because they lose damn near every one. If the cops were winning every event, we wouldn't be doing them. You're trying to treat the symptoms here and not the cause. Since I write a lot and cops seem to have the inability to understand, let me spell out why federal events are an issue: Higher ups are promoted based on nepotism and unimportant criteria. This leads to the leadership being under qualified and inexperienced to lead their fellow officers. This lack of leadership causes the rest of the APD to lose almost every meaningful engagement they partake in. This leads to the APD being sad and angry and wanting more and more buffs. 

If you really want to fix the issue. Start winning events, figure out a good strategy to win the events, or promote someone with a brain who can do that. But none of this happen because the APD promotion process is basically just who can kneepad more. So until then, thanks for the millions in guns and gold gents. I looks forward to the next round of rebel nerfs. 

Side note: You saying it's rebels trying to bait cops into a player report? Ask the admins how many cops report rebels for literally everything and try to bait us. Like rolling up to an event we're about to start with lights on and no siren. Or setting up in fed and placing spike strips on every gate trying to bait us to shoot them. 

Read the whole thing before you comment cops.

100% with what envy said, the apd higher ups all cry but they promote retards that have no brain. Like come on dude they aren’t even combat stance how the fuck do you mongols even allow for this shit. From my experience with the apd there needs to be a command reshuffle and the apd needs to be lead by gamers and not roleplayers.

Veezara likes this
16 hours ago, Envy_ said:

He has good points here..

Russell likes this
17 hours ago, Envy_ said:

This lack of leadership causes the rest of the APD to lose almost every meaningful engagement they partake in. This leads to the APD being sad and angry and wanting more and more buffs.

While you do have some points here, you have to understand that people dont sign up for the APD to do events non-stop. There's no combat requirement to be on the APD, and the people im playing with may be people i dont know. There's an inherent disadvantage to being on the APD. Gangs all know each other well and are friends, they know each others capabilities, everyone knows their part, but the people that are playing on cop may be someone who i dont know at all or very well, i dont know how good they are at combat or what theyre capable of, most people have their own ideas when doing events, and arent as worried about winning something because theres no real punishment for loosing. we arent gonna sit in jail for 20 minutes if we loose, its lower stakes for us. Also right now, SWAT is broken and we cant pull SWAT armor for fed. And id like to point out, i think theres max 7 SWAT slots? on top of that they bug out regularly so i typically dont see anymore then 3 people using SWAT, and Undercover cops cant even access it.

17 hours ago, Envy_ said:

Higher ups are promoted based on nepotism and unimportant criteria.

Also, this is not true, I used to think this before I was a sgt, and it may have been that way back then, but knee padders generally dont get promoted now and favoritism is frowned upon when we are talking about corporal promos, Sgt and LT may be different, im not part of that process, but most corporals that have gotten promoted since ive been sgt have actually put the effort in and deserve it.

Edited by •ÐŠ• Randy
2 hours ago, •ÐŠ• Randy said:

While you do have some points here, you have to understand that people dont sign up for the APD to do events non-stop. There's no combat requirement to be on the APD, and the people im playing with may be people i dont know. There's an inherent disadvantage to being on the APD. Gangs all know each other well and are friends, they know each others capabilities, everyone knows their part, but the people that are playing on cop may be someone who i dont know at all or very well, i dont know how good they are at combat or what theyre capable of, most people have their own ideas when doing events, and arent as worried about winning something because theres no real punishment for loosing. we arent gonna sit in jail for 20 minutes if we loose, its lower stakes for us. Also right now, SWAT is broken and we cant pull SWAT armor for fed. And id like to point out, i think theres max 7 SWAT slots? on top of that they bug out regularly so i typically dont see anymore then 3 people using SWAT, and Undercover cops cant even access it.

Also, this is not true, I used to think this before I was a sgt, and it may have been that way back then, but knee padders generally dont get promoted now and favoritism is frowned upon when we are talking about corporal promos, Sgt and LT may be different, im not part of that process, but most corporals that have gotten promoted since ive been sgt have actually put the effort in and deserve it.

I mean, you say there's no combat requirement for the APD. Then what is a requirement to be honest? I hear all this chatter of "oh we want to patrol more and RP with the civs!" But in reality all I've seen when I used to have cop was people just checking drug fields and downing new players trying to make money. It's also funny how so many cops say they don't want to do federal events, but anytime my gang pings at air shop there's no less than 8 cops waiting for us inside of the fed. Or the higher ups spending their time/money to flashbang down every deer stand in the fed as well. Not to mention the amount of times our gang house/rebel outpost gets raided for warrant stuff. If the cops were really adverse to fighting so much, they wouldn't be doing these things, it seems to me, that cops do want to fight but only when they have a massive advantage. If you're not sure who's good at combat, it's your job as a higher up to find out lol. That's what training's are for and sometimes just asking and knowing your people is enough to craft a competent strategy. And you say gangs all know each other, as a higher up you should know the people who are under you and make an effort to do so. It wouldn't take more than a week to learn the people who usually play your time slot and figure out how to best work with them, because right now it just seems like another excuse.

Your other point of knee padding not being rewarded I think is also false. Let's just look at the metrics from fights, how many higher ups are actually getting frags at these events? Because from what I've seen, it's mainly the constables and cadets doing all the work. Hell, some SGTs and higher don't even use combat stance, drive with their glass straight at rebels, and aren't even on full auto for CQC. Another example is, lets look at any female member to join the APD. How many female members of the APD are constables? I'll answer that for you, Zero. If what you're saying is true, every female to come through the APD must have shown an amazing amount of effort to be promoted first round to corporal then first round again to SGT and again to LT. Or more likely, it has to do with favoritism which I mentioned before. 

Let me wrap up this post because I've clearly gone on a few tangents here. The criteria for promoting officers to higher ups (in my opinion) is inherently flawed at it's core. My reason being that the people who deserve it the most, and would be the most useful at those positions aren't getting it. The APD needs LEADERS at higher up positions, not just yes man/women who just agree with everything and refuse to think outside the box. IMO, there's needs to be a set criteria for getting promoted, perhaps weighing combat efficiency, police etiquette, playtime, and leadership abilities would be a good start. You could also promote different types of people, for example one player who scores very highly on the combat efficiency scale as well as someone who is maybe less combat inclined but expresses better RP skills. These are just suggestions though, an I know that realistically nothing will change but at least I tried to help.

15 minutes ago, Envy_ said:

I mean, you say there's no combat requirement for the APD. Then what is a requirement to be honest? I hear all this chatter of "oh we want to patrol more and RP with the civs!" But in reality all I've seen when I used to have cop was people just checking drug fields and downing new players trying to make money. It's also funny how so many cops say they don't want to do federal events, but anytime my gang pings at air shop there's no less than 8 cops waiting for us inside of the fed. Or the higher ups spending their time/money to flashbang down every deer stand in the fed as well. Not to mention the amount of times our gang house/rebel outpost gets raided for warrant stuff. If the cops were really adverse to fighting so much, they wouldn't be doing these things, it seems to me, that cops do want to fight but only when they have a massive advantage. If you're not sure who's good at combat, it's your job as a higher up to find out lol. That's what training's are for and sometimes just asking and knowing your people is enough to craft a competent strategy. And you say gangs all know each other, as a higher up you should know the people who are under you and make an effort to do so. It wouldn't take more than a week to learn the people who usually play your time slot and figure out how to best work with them, because right now it just seems like another excuse.

Your other point of knee padding not being rewarded I think is also false. Let's just look at the metrics from fights, how many higher ups are actually getting frags at these events? Because from what I've seen, it's mainly the constables and cadets doing all the work. Hell, some SGTs and higher don't even use combat stance, drive with their glass straight at rebels, and aren't even on full auto for CQC. Another example is, lets look at any female member to join the APD. How many female members of the APD are constables? I'll answer that for you, Zero. If what you're saying is true, every female to come through the APD must have shown an amazing amount of effort to be promoted first round to corporal then first round again to SGT and again to LT. Or more likely, it has to do with favoritism which I mentioned before. 

Let me wrap up this post because I've clearly gone on a few tangents here. The criteria for promoting officers to higher ups (in my opinion) is inherently flawed at it's core. My reason being that the people who deserve it the most, and would be the most useful at those positions aren't getting it. The APD needs LEADERS at higher up positions, not just yes man/women who just agree with everything and refuse to think outside the box. IMO, there's needs to be a set criteria for getting promoted, perhaps weighing combat efficiency, police etiquette, playtime, and leadership abilities would be a good start. You could also promote different types of people, for example one player who scores very highly on the combat efficiency scale as well as someone who is maybe less combat inclined but expresses better RP skills. These are just suggestions though, an I know that realistically nothing will change but at least I tried to help.

Explain, john, just lucky and karma being promoted. don't even say its skill because just lucky don't even play in combat stance. 

35 minutes ago, Infamous [FULL SEND] said:

Explain, john, just lucky and karma being promoted. don't even say its skill because just lucky don't even play in combat stance. 

I'm not going to tell you why certain people got promoted. But I can tell you, in general, we don't promote people based on combat skill, because like i said, there is no skill requirement. Typically we promote people who play a lot, have dedication to the APD as shown through RP and processing, because the whole point of the faction is rp, and people who aren't corrupt or break a ton of rules. 

55 minutes ago, Envy_ said:

Hard to get to know people when there are literally over 1000 whitelisted cops. Also, not what you mean by the people that deserve arent getting promoted? They probably aren't applying then.  Or they're not coming for feedback and working on things to improve. Hard for you to say when you're not even in the APD.. 

Edited by •ÐŠ• Randy
Bandit likes this
46 minutes ago, •ÐŠ• Randy said:

I'm not going to tell you why certain people got promoted. But I can tell you, in general, we don't promote people based on combat skill, because like i said, there is no skill requirement. Typically we promote people who play a lot, have dedication to the APD as shown through RP and processing, because the whole point of the faction is rp, and people who aren't corrupt or break a ton of rules. 

Hard to get to know people when there are literally over 1000 whitelisted cops. Also, not what you mean by the people that deserve arent getting promoted? They probably aren't applying then.  Or they're not coming for feedback and working on things to improve. Hard for you to say when you're not even in the APD.. 

I like how you just didn't answer a whole paragraph of my post, but I understand, it's hard to talk ill of some of the people in APD. Anyways, of course I wouldn't expect you to justify every promo on a public post like this on name to name basis lol, but I am asking you to justify the promotion process. You say that their isn't a skill requirement, why? Do you think that perhaps there should be? Maybe this is something to look into? Because your officers are frustrated they lose and lose and lose, when is it time to say "hey, maybe we need to start being pickier about who we promote so we're not such a dysfunctional unit".The age old saying "if it's not broke, don't fix it" doesn't really apply here, because clearly something is broken. I see cops pushing for more and more server wide changes to try and compensate for them being poor players, and i ask you, is that fair to the server as whole? You can't put in minimal effort, promote based on "hey this guy logs on alot", and have no consequences and expect anything other than the shit show that already exists. Nothing will change unless the APD wants things to change. You've tried it this way for so long, why not try something new and see if it improves the situation? 

I may not be a cop currently, but I was for a decent amount of time from V1 and V2. And I can tell you, there may be over 1000 whitelisted cops, but usually over the course of a week the same few faces will log in during a set period of time. So lets say you play from 8pm EST to 11pm EST 4 days a week. You as a higher up, should make it your goal to learn the cops that play that time slot. Learn their strengths and weaknesses etc. Because if you look at the metrics, I'd wager you'd only see about 15-25 unique players playing during that time slot on cop during the week. 15-25 is far less that 1000, and even if you make the bare minimum effort, I'm sure you could at least learn something valuable in that time. But here's the key, you don't want to put in the effort because it takes time and requires effort. It's easier to sit and complain and say "ah theres too many of us to ever get to know anyone, gangs are just better, they have better guns, etc". Because once you opt for making excuses, theres no blame anymore, everyone is absolved of their responsibility and business continues as normal. While this is a good way to make sure no one gets their feelings hurt, it's a poor way to lead a force that ever wants to be competitive.

You guys had a really brilliant chance to bring a competitive side to the APD with the introduction of SWAT, but in typical APD fashion ya'll mucked it all up. SWAT could and should have been reserved for officers who wanted to be more competitive and critical of their gameplay. Tac coms/general knowledge of federal events should have been mandatory and the screening/approval process should have been tougher than what it was. You guys had a chance to cherry pick the most skilled officers, and give them an immense advantage to not only succeed but lead by example to their fellow officers, as well as create a group that other officers could aspire to be part of. Instead however, you gave swat to everyone who went to training's, so it's just as watered down as the regular APD. I know several really solid players on the APD who have applied for promos/leadership positions and got denied simply because they aren't what the higher ups are looking for. 

TLDR: The current situation the APD finds itself in, is caused only by itself. Nepotism, Favoritism, and bad decisions have lead it down the path it currently walks. Nothing will change unless the higher ups who can change things want to, and let's be honest, they don't. The reason I write stuff like this is because the APD are religious forum warriors, hijacking every dev/update post with more and more ideas how to nerf rebels and buff themselves. I've said it a million times, you already have everything you need to win and more, you're just not using it. I like to put my money where my mouth is so once again I'll offer, if the apd would like to do a bit of role reversal we would be down. The APD can play civ and do events and my gang and I will play cop. We'll show you guys how easy it is to win these events (this would most likely need to be on the training server, as many of us are not cops currently and we have 0 higher ups in the gang) but I know ya'll wont go for it. You'd rather just keep making excuses than own up to your own short comings, and unless that changes, nothing else will. 

Mate likes this
1 hour ago, Infamous [FULL SEND] said:

And like I said, the apd needs to be run by gamers and not roleplayers

Its not a Koth server. Cant be run by "gamers" when the majority of them get themselves blacklisted.

4 hours ago, Solarmender said:

The APD literally changed a policy just to screw us over and protect 3 cops from points/removal.

You're delusional if you think a captain is going to make a new policy to save a cop. They don't give 2 shits if domeone gets into trouble. The second anyone fucks up, they'll be removed. As they should. 

I have also seen several APD higher ups that have absolutely no clue what they are doing and don't even know the guidebook/basic server mechanics. I got a comp request denied because I request 450k comp but it only showed 15k of bars being seized in chat. This is just utter stupidity. Everybody knows that when bars are seized, cops only get a small amount of money from them.

This is news to me. I had no idea Higherups dealt with comp request. TIL 

Ever notice that a lot of the higher ups are in the same gang/know eachother.

pretty much common sense that you have to be known by a higherup to get promoted, we arent going to promote random we never heard of. There IS a difference between selecting people you know and nepotism. As for gangs, not really sure what you mean here. The only ones actually in gangs are me is DS and rod in NV. Pretty much all the other career cops aren't in gangs. 

Bandit and Rodrigo like this
3 minutes ago, Infamous [FULL SEND] said:

They get blacklisted because of retarded policy's you retarded higher ups make.  

1) Higher ups don’t make policies, the captains do

2) I’ve seen people get in trouble for some stupid shit, and still not get removed. If someone gets blacklisted, it was either from blatant corruption or they had been given plenty of chances and weren’t making the cut

16 minutes ago, Bandit said:

’ve seen people get in trouble for some stupid shit, and still not get removed. If someone gets blacklisted, it was either from blatant corruption or they had been given plenty of chances and weren’t making the cut

BECAUSE THEY SUCK THE DICKS OF CAPTAINS, COUGH COUGH NATHAN

Edited by Infamous [FULL SEND]
1 hour ago, Solarmender said:

The cops who did it were higher ups. We had 100% proof of them seizing and I filed over 5 reports in a single week. Only one got accepted in like 3 days because it was a constable. All the the reports weren't responded to for over a week and magically a new policy update comes out and guess what! Seizing after holding for 3 minutes is now allowed! But you want to know the even bigger bullshit. In 3/4 of the reports, the 3 minute timer didn't apply because we had just lost control. Apparently everyone in the APD is supposed to lead by example except the people who are actually leading the APD. Am I the only one who sees this problem? Even now literally in the middle of battles, captains are pulling us out of our ifrits, downing us, then driving back to HQ IN THE IFRIT so they can seize it. Like holy shit, It would be fine if they drove it back if the battle was over but they are actively doing it in the middle of combat to screw us over. And don't give the bullshit "captains can bend the rules". That is the most retarded excuse I have ever seen. They are supposed to be leading the APD, but are acting like petty children to win a fight.

15 hours ago, •ÐŠ• Randy said:

You're delusional if you think a captain is going to make a new policy to save a cop. They don't give 2 shits if Someone gets into trouble. The second anyone fucks up, they'll be removed. As they should.

23 hours ago, •ÐŠ• Randy said:

In my opinion promos were generally better handled with precincts. Now that everyone of differing ideologies is together it is harder to get promoted without going out of your way to kneepad. I know some cops who for a majority of their time on the APD have played with corporal+ and follow by their example perfectly and get feedback such as "being too toxic" or a need to improve guidebook knowledge. Idk about you but I feel that the higherups giving feedback should be ready with specific examples or its pretty shit feedback. 

20 hours ago, Envy_ said:

Big +1. I don't care about "gamers" or "roleplayers" getting promoted, but it is pretty easy to tell that lower ranks generally take after their higher-ups. SWAT had the opportunity to have skilled players that the lower ranks could take after, and bring some of the heat off "useless" higher ups but that was ruined from the beginning by giving it to some of the most retarded people on the server. I also don't understand why people are so defensive about promoting skilled players who are good at combat when the sergeant application post specifically mentioned combat proficiency last time I read it. 

20 hours ago, Infamous [FULL SEND] said:

Yeah I don't understand how someone can be "Swat trained" and not know how to turn on combat stance. 99% of the time players are 10x better with combat stance on, especially when using armor.

19 hours ago, •ÐŠ• Randy said:

Just because there are over 1000 whitelisted cops doesn't mean at all that is the amount that play. Many people are whitelisted to constable and only play once every 3 months, as well as retired server staff or senior apd who have permanent ranks who probably don't have arma installed.

19 hours ago, Solarmender said:

I got a comp request denied because I request 450k comp but it only showed 15k of bars being seized in chat. 

Not really an APD issue, just an issue that happens when you give kids with 6 month old forums accounts who are irrelevant retards the ability to respond to comp requests.

18 hours ago, Envy_ said:

I like how you just didn't answer a whole paragraph of my post, but I understand, it's hard to talk ill of some of the people in APD. Anyways, of course I wouldn't expect you to justify every promo on a public post like this on name to name basis lol, but I am asking you to justify the promotion process. You say that their isn't a skill requirement, why? Do you think that perhaps there should be? Maybe this is something to look into? Because your officers are frustrated they lose and lose and lose, when is it time to say "hey, maybe we need to start being pickier about who we promote so we're not such a dysfunctional unit".The age old saying "if it's not broke, don't fix it" doesn't really apply here, because clearly something is broken. I see cops pushing for more and more server wide changes to try and compensate for them being poor players, and i ask you, is that fair to the server as whole? You can't put in minimal effort, promote based on "hey this guy logs on alot", and have no consequences and expect anything other than the shit show that already exists. Nothing will change unless the APD wants things to change. You've tried it this way for so long, why not try something new and see if it improves the situation? 

I may not be a cop currently, but I was for a decent amount of time from V1 and V2. And I can tell you, there may be over 1000 whitelisted cops, but usually over the course of a week the same few faces will log in during a set period of time. So lets say you play from 8pm EST to 11pm EST 4 days a week. You as a higher up, should make it your goal to learn the cops that play that time slot. Learn their strengths and weaknesses etc. Because if you look at the metrics, I'd wager you'd only see about 15-25 unique players playing during that time slot on cop during the week. 15-25 is far less that 1000, and even if you make the bare minimum effort, I'm sure you could at least learn something valuable in that time. But here's the key, you don't want to put in the effort because it takes time and requires effort. It's easier to sit and complain and say "ah theres too many of us to ever get to know anyone, gangs are just better, they have better guns, etc". Because once you opt for making excuses, theres no blame anymore, everyone is absolved of their responsibility and business continues as normal. While this is a good way to make sure no one gets their feelings hurt, it's a poor way to lead a force that ever wants to be competitive.

You guys had a really brilliant chance to bring a competitive side to the APD with the introduction of SWAT, but in typical APD fashion ya'll mucked it all up. SWAT could and should have been reserved for officers who wanted to be more competitive and critical of their gameplay. Tac coms/general knowledge of federal events should have been mandatory and the screening/approval process should have been tougher than what it was. You guys had a chance to cherry pick the most skilled officers, and give them an immense advantage to not only succeed but lead by example to their fellow officers, as well as create a group that other officers could aspire to be part of. Instead however, you gave swat to everyone who went to training's, so it's just as watered down as the regular APD. I know several really solid players on the APD who have applied for promos/leadership positions and got denied simply because they aren't what the higher ups are looking for. 

TLDR: The current situation the APD finds itself in, is caused only by itself. Nepotism, Favoritism, and bad decisions have lead it down the path it currently walks. Nothing will change unless the higher ups who can change things want to, and let's be honest, they don't. The reason I write stuff like this is because the APD are religious forum warriors, hijacking every dev/update post with more and more ideas how to nerf rebels and buff themselves. I've said it a million times, you already have everything you need to win and more, you're just not using it. I like to put my money where my mouth is so once again I'll offer, if the apd would like to do a bit of role reversal we would be down. The APD can play civ and do events and my gang and I will play cop. We'll show you guys how easy it is to win these events (this would most likely need to be on the training server, as many of us are not cops currently and we have 0 higher ups in the gang) but I know ya'll wont go for it. You'd rather just keep making excuses than own up to your own short comings, and unless that changes, nothing else will. 

Retweet brother

17 hours ago, Mate said:

Yeah my feedback was Always “really great” and “helpful” advice. On things I needed to work on. Good tip dude let me fix being “too toxic” when I get on cop and have never spoken a word to you and you call me a retard kid really showing the lower ranks how it’s done. Let me fix my “maturity” when half you retards are the most childish human beings ever and groom anything with remotely any hint of a female voice. 

It would be sick if giving someone advanced feedback such as the number of votes they got without being specific about who voted what wasn't corruption. Or if the promotion process was at all standard instead of # of votes correlating to whatever was decided that month for promos. Real convenient if suddenly someone almost gets corp but the needed votes was higher that month, yeah? But sure lets give roblox cops and chief of police's high ranks. 

16 hours ago, Solarmender said:

1. Rebels have superior weapons is a fallacy. Of course, 7.62 is very useful but it is not a deciding factor in a fight at all. All the benefits of being on cop should couteract 7.62. We have done several federal events using nothing but the same guns/gear the cops use to see what happens. Guess what? We still won.

2. The reason we do federal events so much is there is literally nothing else worth doing on the server. On just the topic of money, we can make around 10 mil a day just doing Fed. For those who do them for money, there is no reason for us to do anything else.

3. Recently, cops have started becoming smart and getting to the Fed before we do at the first sign of us heading in that direction. It is annoying but we still win a majority of the time. It doesn't matter what position we are in. Attacking or Defending. We still win. Using that as an excuse makes no sense.

+1 Cops could have mk200s and still lose. For a majority of cops better equipment would not help but good tactics would be a massive improvement. Another missed opportunity for SWAT

1 hour ago, Solarmender said:

The cops who did it were higher ups. We had 100% proof of them seizing and I filed over 5 reports in a single week. Only one got accepted in like 3 days because it was a constable. All the the reports weren't responded to for over a week and magically a new policy update comes out and guess what! Seizing after holding for 3 minutes is now allowed! But you want to know the even bigger bullshit. In 3/4 of the reports, the 3 minute timer didn't apply because we had just lost control. Apparently everyone in the APD is supposed to lead by example except the people who are actually leading the APD. Am I the only one who sees this problem? Even now literally in the middle of battles, captains are pulling us out of our ifrits, downing us, then driving back to HQ IN THE IFRIT so they can seize it. Like holy shit, It would be fine if they drove it back if the battle was over but they are actively doing it in the middle of combat to screw us over. And don't give the bullshit "captains can bend the rules". That is the most retarded excuse I have ever seen. They are supposed to be leading the APD, but are acting like petty children to win a fight.

Pretty crazy how the captains can tell higher-ups to behave in a certain way because they are working on a policy update that no civilians know about when they aren't even on the server. The captains bending the rules is the most retarded thing I've ever heard. You could narrow it down a hell of a lot by just saying "active captains can bend the guidebook in order to test future policy updates, all captains can bend it with civilian consent, or all captains can drop 1 weapon for someone that is above their rank". Clears up bending the rules and gives them basically the same about of power but much easier to punish or determine if its abuse. Crazy

Infamous [FULL SEND] and Solar like this

There is no doubt some of the PD do what they please when they please,ive seen it before an DS has been thru this very thing a couple times. One thing i have noticed an seen myself is how aids some of your members are to the police when caught,right or wrong,fair or unfair..You guys do bitch an complain when caught an threaten to report people for silly petty shit. DS has done this before in the past with a certain group of cops as well, so before you go saying we get away with w/e all the time,no,no we don't...Some of us made the choice to try an make the difference we would like to see to better the server an it has been a long process....

I can say this is prob the best way to go about it for the most part if you keep it civil,if you don't an then want to have a bickering fest it will not go anywhere at all..Trust me when i say alot can relate to it an it is by far annoying when cops just lethal off the rip cause they can jus because you an your gang like to play different or do events more so then most.

But what this thread is starting to become will ruin all the work an progress you have made to enlighten the abuse some of the PD do par take in an that at times feels like its being swept under the rug will all be lost if you wanna start attacking people on a personal level.

aqzx127 and Raza like this
On 6/20/2020 at 4:19 PM, Envy_ said:

Another example is, lets look at any female member to join the APD. How many female members of the APD are constables? I'll answer that for you, Zero. If what you're saying is true, every female to come through the APD must have shown an amazing amount of effort to be promoted first round to corporal then first round again to SGT and again to LT. Or more likely, it has to do with favoritism which I mentioned before. 

LOL, true.

Idk about the whole, "its hard to get blacklisted from the APD" a friend of mine who just became cadet just 2 days ago was already blacklisted for the stupidest reason, he was reported by a civ player he was processing and apparently they thought no constable was around to help the cadet do the processing and he did it solo, which wasn't true multiple constables were on the scene as they just stopped a bank and they were all communicating on teamspeak. He ended up getting 4 points on his second day as cadet for that sole reason and blacklisted for 2 months. He talked to the officer that did it and he only reduced it to a 1 month, where is the verbal warning???? Overall I think certain APD officers are driving players away from becoming a cop and I do think favoritism is apart of the APD. Being a cop 2-3 years ago was much more enjoyable

Better steps need to be taken to make this enjoyable for civs, medics and cops alike.

If anyone has any ideas or changes that they might find beneficial, pm me and i'll jot it down to talk about at the next development aide meeting.

On 6/21/2020 at 1:00 AM, Bandit said:

1) Higher ups don’t make policies, the captains do

2) I’ve seen people get in trouble for some stupid shit, and still not get removed. If someone gets blacklisted, it was either from blatant corruption or they had been given plenty of chances and weren’t making the cut

Call DK a retard and get blacklisted... nice

2 hours ago, Jesse said:

Good call. I'll just enable the firewall too.

use ur matrix hacks and some 10/10 dev skill bruv lmfao

2 hours ago, DankBud said:

Its hard to know for sure who is doing it..my guess its more then just person

prolly a group of no lifes who got nothing better too do